Add design and function to your space with this spacious entertainment center with a low-profile design. The rich espresso finish works well in any decor, while the numerous openings provide flexibility and storage for your electronic components. ...more
I was very disappointed in this entertainment center. The center space for electronic items is very, very small making it difficult to close the door. The assembly was a problem due to the poor directions and the poor quality screws included with unit. The screws also were not the sufficient number or size that were needed. This fact caused us to buy what was necessary.
Here's the bad:
1. The hinges and magnets require wood screws, but there are no predrilled holes so its trial and error to get everything lined up properly.
2. It's not deep enough to hold the receiver with the cable connections. I need at least 16", but it gives only 14". I worked around this by not nailing in the lower half of the cardboard back panel so that it can just bow out 2". It works, but wished they had made it just a couple inches deeper.
3. The side doors rub against the frame and don't easily open or close.
4. I have my receiver, cable box and DVD Player, which all barely fit into the tight space. If you have any other devices, forget it, you'll never get them inside the cabinet and the storage areas aren't big enough to hold any devices.
5. No ventiliation, so you must keep the doors open when equipment is powered on. Of course you can't use remote controls anyhow if the doors are closed, so this isn't really an issue, but more an observation.
Here's the good
1. It looks nice, seems sturdy and I am happy with the overall look.
2. Price seems reasonable
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches
Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's sturdy, but there are design and build challenges
How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
If you're looking for a smaller scale TV stand either for a bedroom or an apartment, then this is a great addition. I would not recommend this for large sized rooms nor should you plan to put a TV bigger than 42 inches. Its a bit plain looking and nothing to rave about. There's limited storage space and only has 2 shelves in the middle so if you have a lot of electronics then this would not serve you well. Overall, its ok.
Like I said about the color, this item has alot of RED in it. It is not espresso. Otherwise, the item is average.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color description says ESPRESSO - the color is actually more of a mahogany/maple/cherry, as there is alot of red in it and its lighter than the image.
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is ok.
Solidky built, wood is lovely and blends nicely with much more high quality pieces we have in the family room. Smaller than I expected which was a pleasant surprise as the atavistic fits on it perfectly and it is unobtrusive and takes up very little space, but the electronic devices fit into the shelves.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
Pretty easy to assemble. Only issue was that the hardware was not securely packaged and all the screwes and bolts were scattered in the box. I was missing a couple of bolts which most likely fell out of the box during shipment. Had to go to home depot to buy replacements. Fortunately the missing bolts were not decorative or visible so did not need to match 100%.
1. the predrilled holes did not match up for the doors and had to be redone, 2.the pieces did not fit smoothly together, had to be "nudged", 3. the construction was thin veneer over particle board, 4. the open sections were so small that they were only useful if the shelves were left out.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color coffee, not red as some have said
Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair---when it is put together the cosmetic appearance looks great, but underneath not.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? so-so
This product impressed me because the components were solid wood, and the quality and color of the wood was beautiful. However, a few of the skrews that were used to fassen parts together weren't the best, so we replaced them with our own skrews,which was fine. The other trouble was when fastening on the doors, you had to rely on your own accuracy and steady hands to try and allign the doors perfectly (there were no pegs or markings to indicate where to line up the hinges). Unfortunately it was significantly more difficult than it sounds, and our doors are about 1/4 inch misaligned.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality Materials
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Acurate
It's a beautiful stand. VERY easy to put together. It did take some time, but the directions were very easy to follow. I was a little disappointed there was one of the center doors that had a different texture or coloring of it's wood from the other doors. It's hardly noticeable unless focused on. The center doors are also a little off on the evenness, again, hardly noticeable unless focused on. The latch still works.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, not excellent.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly.
hello, can the shelves come out completely if they are adjustable? i'm going to be using this for something other than an enetertainment center and will be putting toiletry products that might be taller than the adjustable shelf allowslaurenmantey on Mar 5, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for your inquiry. We have verified with our support team the shelves can be left out if that is what you choose.overstockcustomercare1 on Mar 11, 2013
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.