I was very disappointed in this entertainment center. The center space for electronic items is very, very small making it difficult to close the door. The assembly was a problem due to the poor directions and the poor quality screws included with unit. The screws also were not the sufficient number or size that were needed. This fact caused us to buy what was necessary.
Here's the bad: 1. The hinges and magnets require wood screws, but there are no predrilled holes so its trial and error to get everything lined up properly. 2. It's not deep enough to hold the receiver with the cable connections. I need at least 16", but it gives only 14". I worked around this by not nailing in the lower half of the cardboard back panel so that it can just bow out 2". It works, but wished they had made it just a couple inches deeper. 3. The side doors rub against the frame and don't easily open or close. 4. I have my receiver, cable box and DVD Player, which all barely fit into the tight space. If you have any other devices, forget it, you'll never get them inside the cabinet and the storage areas aren't big enough to hold any devices. 5. No ventiliation, so you must keep the doors open when equipment is powered on. Of course you can't use remote controls anyhow if the doors are closed, so this isn't really an issue, but more an observation. Here's the good 1. It looks nice, seems sturdy and I am happy with the overall look. 2. Price seems reasonable
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's sturdy, but there are design and build challenges
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
If you're looking for a smaller scale TV stand either for a bedroom or an apartment, then this is a great addition. I would not recommend this for large sized rooms nor should you plan to put a TV bigger than 42 inches. Its a bit plain looking and nothing to rave about. There's limited storage space and only has 2 shelves in the middle so if you have a lot of electronics then this would not serve you well. Overall, its ok.
Pretty easy to assemble. Only issue was that the hardware was not securely packaged and all the screwes and bolts were scattered in the box. I was missing a couple of bolts which most likely fell out of the box during shipment. Had to go to home depot to buy replacements. Fortunately the missing bolts were not decorative or visible so did not need to match 100%.
1. the predrilled holes did not match up for the doors and had to be redone, 2.the pieces did not fit smoothly together, had to be "nudged", 3. the construction was thin veneer over particle board, 4. the open sections were so small that they were only useful if the shelves were left out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color coffee, not red as some have said
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair---when it is put together the cosmetic appearance looks great, but underneath not.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so-so
I really like this, fits everything I need and I like the asian style for a little flair. Relatively easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent, looks nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Like I said about the color, this item has alot of RED in it. It is not espresso. Otherwise, the item is average.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color description says ESPRESSO - the color is actually more of a mahogany/maple/cherry, as there is alot of red in it and its lighter than the image.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is ok.
Solidky built, wood is lovely and blends nicely with much more high quality pieces we have in the family room. Smaller than I expected which was a pleasant surprise as the atavistic fits on it perfectly and it is unobtrusive and takes up very little space, but the electronic devices fit into the shelves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I love this piece. It's gorgeous. My only problem (that I should have been able to figure out on my own) is that I can't fit everything in it that I wanted... it's in 3 sections-- a wide center section and two smaller side sections. In the center, everything TV-related fits: cable box, dvd player and VCR (yes, I still have one). I had originally wanted to fit all my stereo components in there too, but I was just drawn in by the design of the piece. I love the Chinese-esque brass details and the rich colored wood. So, the stereo sits on the floor in a corder until I can figure out what to do with it. So if you only need a TV stand and those few components, this piece is wonderful, but if you're looking to store more, look for something bigger.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent (even though I had to put it together)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This item is advertised as having an "ESPRESSO" finish. The color shown in the pictures online is PERFECT...but, this product is RED. Cherry finish would be as close as possible to the actual color. The craftsmanship is ok, but many of the metal accents do not align properly after building. I am whole-heartedly disappointed with this product. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was so-so. Upon building the item, many of the metal accents did not align properly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor.
Based on the picture wood looked dark and more mordern. When I recieved the product it is much lighter wood and shows a lot of grain. Very dated looking. Some miner damage on the wood. I am sure I will be gifting this to a family membor and buying a replacement.
Very nice hard wood. Easily assembled and ads nice charm to my Asian themed room; hardware was darker than that seen in picture, it was more of a oil rubbed copper than rustic brass finish. Cabinets are small but accommodated my cable box and router with a little fines... I had to drill holes in the back of the cabinet for more air-flow since it got really warm in there and I drilled another hole to an adjacent cabinet for my small DVD player. Over all it works for me nicely with my slight modifications.
Sturdy unit, easy but takes time to put together. Good project during a snow storm. The decorative hardware was darker than pictured. I sanded it with some fine sandpaper to brighten it up a bit. Wood is darker than the image on my screen. One of the doors didn't line up 100%. Will try to figure out how to fix that. Overall good quality for the price.