I was very happy with this trunk/end table. It's very sturdy and looks good. We store blankets in ours and it holds a lot of large blankets and snuggies. The top stays open by itself so it doesn't fall down on you when you're trying to get stuff out of if.
Love this piece and it looks great but the "broken hinge" leave me very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is good and the piece very attractive
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The only issue with this product is the hinge on one side ~ something must not have been aligned properly because the screws popped out. We tried filler and wood glue only to have the screws pop again.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This piece is great. It's much bigger than I expected but I'm using it for a side table in my living room so it's perfect for a light and some books or whatever you would put on a side table. I have gotten a few things from overstock and I was really impressed with the quality of this item. It's sturdy and easy to put together. It adds something interesting to the room no matter what type of furniture you have.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This trunk matches my other walnut living room tables perfectly. Easy to assemble and looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I ordered this end table for our family room and we love it. It is substantial and solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual product had more cinnamon tones and I liked that.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was better than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was accurate.
I'm shocked at all the positive reviews because this is such a piece of junk. On the outside it looks fine, but the construction and materials are some of the worst I've seen. The laminated wood was already peeling off the day I got it. It scratches easily as well. The hinges are held in by the tiniest screws. If you have kids, and plan to use this for a toy box, forget it.
I ordered this and it arrived rather quickly.. it came in one box and had to be assembled. it was basically in six pieces.. the four sides, the bottom and the top. My son happened to be here when it arrived and he and his girlfriend put it together for me in less than 20 minutes.. the only hang up was the hinges on the top were a bit confusing but logic won out and they figured them out. . I do suggest two people to put this together as the top with the hinges could be a bit awkward to do by yourself. It looks great though.. am happy enough with it.. but find the front of it to be a bit to plain.. and I will add some sort of embellishment to it when I get back to the hobby store. It is much roomier than I thought on the inside and was able to store all the things that you think you need to keep and cant throw away.. so an assortment of phone books were the first thing that went into it.. then two blankets and I still have room for one more blanket and some miscall items. It matches my other furniture with the hobnail trim and I already was using a old steamer trunk for a coffee table. Good enough buy.. but can't vouch for the top and hinges.. as it will be a rare event for me to open the trunk. A bit plain looking but yet a good purchase for me.