I love the idea of this table, but it is poorly made. We had to call and get replacement parts, which Customer Service was excellent from Overstock. One of the drawers has a big scratch, the bottom panel a big dent/scratch and 3 of the bolts broke while my husband was putting together. It is not the easiest table to assemble either. The drawers don't slide well and there is a small crack on the top of the table, but I think I can cover with a little caulk. I just think for the price of the table that I shouldnt have too.
The table had a number of marks and blemishes on it from the factory, including poorly applied wood putty and patches of reworked paint. The main table top was also split in four places, once near each corner. The first assumption was that the rigours of international transport was simply too great for the table, but on inspection of a second table top that was sent (after an incredibly strange and brief email exchange), it was found that it too had the same splits but this time in two places rather then four. The second table top came much better packed and it seems possible that the fault may be in the factory's quality control. By the time the replacement had (unexpectedly) arrived, we had already bought paint, glue, filler and sandpaper and repaired the first table top. The process of putting together the table was difficult not because of complexity of instruction but because the parts do not fit together easily and the depth of the predrilled holes were at times incorrect. Once completed, the table does look lovely if you don't look too closely, but the amount of effort required to repair the table top and poor quality of the parts was disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Table is not white - more cream like the other reviewers described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low quality pieces which do not fit together well and are scratched up. Paint is not evenly applied and parts of the table which is visible after build is only barely covered with a light coat of paint causing the colour on these parts to be different to the rest of the table.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate, but an image of the view top down from the glass would allow people to see that the wall of the inside shelves are very short and all the gaps and bolts and inner wooden frame of the table are completely visible.
I'd expected to be very pleased with this purchase. Not so much. The construction of the table is pretty good. Except where it really counts. Here's a display table, that isn't worth displaying, as the drawers are so poorly designed and constructed. Very let down by this purchase.
love the table, color white is not quite as white as I had hoped, but it still works in sun room.. cannot comment on overstocks customer service is wonderful and very helpful. had a problem with bottom shelf with drill holes, received new one in a few short days.
This is a nice table. Assembly wasn't too difficult, all the pieces and hardware were included. Everything lined up and went together as it should. No obvious flaws in the materials. Looks really nice and you can't beat the price compared to a pre-assembled table in a furniture store. It is a quality product.
This table is a great buy- well made, easy to put together, and heavy/sturdy. Love the design- the glass view top and drawers really make it look upscale.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy, looks a lot more expensive than it is
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very