Very impressed. Arrived within the promised time. No damage during shipment. Well made. All parts were in the assembly package, and all holes matched up -- well dimensioned.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made. Well dimensioned -- all parts and holes lined up perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
It took a while to get my forgetful nephew to put this one together ("no more furniture Aunt E--, just say no!) and he complained while he did it ("the directions stink, the whachacallits don't fit the holes!) but he got the job done in a few hours and I am very happy with the results. He inherited the family knack for handiness, which I did not, so I put up with his mouth. Just a few points. If you place your monitor on the top shelf to free up the desk space, which works and looks best, you'll need a chair with some height (or a cushion) and possibly a good pair of magnifying lenses. You do, of course, have the option of bringing the monitor down and putting your keyboard in the drawer, which otherwise functions as--a drawer! Plus, the cubbies and drawers of the back superstructure are quite shallow; don't expect to cram them with anything but pens and post-its. But there's plenty of space beneath for your tower and on the sides for your speakers. You might get a printer underneath as well, but it would be a little cramped. (Aside: I often wonder why "computer desks" are hardly ever shown with the appropriate space for the tower, which is after all an essential computer part.) As you see, my nephew and I do share a kvetching gene. HOWEVER, this is a beautiful piece of furniture and meets my needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
This desk arrived missing drawer hardware and with a broken leg. The directions were horrible, not clear even for my mechanical engineer husband to dicipher. The holes did not line up, in some cases the holes were missing entirely. I would not recommend this desk to anyone.
This desk took a little while to put together but directions very simple...this desk is superior quality wood and looks much more expensive than it was - large size to lay things out on and the top shelf is the perfect size for computer monitor. The drawer drops down for the keyboard, there is storage enough for pens, etc - great buy and looks great it my house!
The item came is more than 20 pcs, that is not the problem, I have put things together that have a lot of pieces, but all the screw slots did not align, it was horrible, it took us more than four hours to put together and not all of the screws fit . I do not recommend this item to anyone.
I think the wood stain is a little darker than it appears in the picture, but otherwise, this charming desk is just what I wanted for my study. The keyboard drawer is a little stiff pulling in and out (my son thought he had broken it the first time he pulled hard on it and the front pulled down, on its hinges!). The drawers and cubbies on the hutch are small, maybe 4 inches wide, each, but charming. And the writing surface is sufficient for me to spread out books and papers while working on my laptop, which sits on the drawer. The pieces are heavy enough (especially the desktop) to make a second pair of hands recommended in assembly, but I was able to put this together myself, impressing both my spouse and me with the task! Pre-drilled holes and effective instructions made all the difference.
Good product. Holds up well but one came with broken panels which were not wood but composition. Some screws did not hold in composition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? product darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, too much composition instead of wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
The reviews I had read on the desk said it was easy to assemble. Not for a 74 year old who is challenged by detailed directions. But it is up, stable, and quite useul. Be advised, however, if you are asked to write a review you will be equally challenged to complete the darn thing
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? somewhat darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Precise
This is a nice looking desk. But it does not have any drawers so if you need that, this is not for you. The center does have a pull out for a keyboard. I use it for storage as I use a laptop computer which sits on the desk. It is an ideal size for a decent sized bedroom, which is where I use it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was just what I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good