I was looking for something to use as a plant stand for the colder months when plants needed to come inside. This Baker's Rack looked like it would be a good choice given the dimentions and material. it looked nice in the picture, too. The reviews helped me decide on this product, and they weren't wrong. This is a really nice looking piece and it's very sturdy. It really helped to have two people putting it together to make sure all holes were lined up properly to insert screws. Only one area gave us a little problem, but ultimately all worked well. It was well designed, everything lined up correctly, and it looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good color representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I bought this bakers rack as a bookcase in my bedroom. It matches the styling of lamps that I have. The size fits perfectly in a corner between the closet door and a window. It has a nice light feeling because it is open rather than a heavy look of a typical bookcase. I have a combination of pretty pottery, books, magazines on the bottom shelf and a spider plant on the top shelf. I use it to keep my end tables from getting cluttered with books and magazines It enhances the room exactly as I imagined it would. It is nicely engineered to be easy to put together and looks well made. I put it together myself (65 yr old femaile). I love it and would recommend this to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and easy to put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I usually hate anything you have to assemble yourself but this was almost "fun". Everything lined up! All the holes were properly tapped for threads. It has been awhile since I had to assemble anything so maybe everything is this well made now. I think it looks much better in reality than online. I needed this to be the exact size as stated and it is so it is a perfect fit. Once assembled, it is rock steady and very strong. Realistically I doubt you could overload it. I have a lot of cast iron skillets and piled them on the shelves, no problem. The finish is very even and smooth and the overall appearance looks a lot like wrought iron.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a Charcoal Grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, super strong
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, this had to fit exactly
Beautiful wrought iron look, easy to assemble and sturdy after being put together by a not-so-handy person (me). Fits the space perfectly. Another great purchase from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid, well-constructed parts
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I like this narrow rack. The welds are somewhat sloppy, but I've bought several different products like this and that seems to be the general quality in place. The shelving does not appear it could withstand much weight per shelf without snapping the welds. The spacing of the wires on the shelving makes smaller candle holders want to tip into the spacing. I'm going to try to find a stiff, thin material to line the shelves. This unit was easy to put together. It has a lovely gun stock grey color. I think it's very attractive and it would go in any room. I'd defnitely buy it again, and am considering doing so. :)
I bought this for my bathroom. It holds a lot and looks very classy! It's much sturdier than other comparable bathroom shelving I considered from other stores. It was easy to assemble, but watch out because the black finish can be scratched pretty easily when you're putting the pieces together. I scratched mine a little during assembly, but it's not very noticeable. This was a good investment for me, and I'm sure it will last a very long time!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
My metal gray baker's rack was more than I expexcted. I read the reviews before I purchase anything; one said that the rack was not welded stong enough. On the contrary, it is sturdiest baker's rack I have ever seen for the price. Actually it rivals the more expensive ones. I also liked the width of it. It instantly became asset to my new remodeled kitchen. Of course, Overstock delivered it in a timely manner as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was better than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate, especially the dimensions.
I AM HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE. I WISH IT CAME A LITTLE TALLER THOUGH FOR MORE SHELVES. I AM 65 YO WITH MULTIPLE JOINT ISSUES AND WAS ABLE TO PUT IT TOGETHER MYSELF. YOU JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT ANYTHING YOU BUY TO ASSEMBLE YOURSELF IS GOING TO BE SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT AT SOME POINTS.... NOT ALL SCREWS WENT IN SMOOTHLY. INSTRUCTIONS WERE CLEAR AND PARTS WELL MARKED.
This is the perfect baker's rack if you need additional storage but don't have a lot of space. Inexpensive, but doesn't look it. Easy to put together, too; I did it myself and had no difficulty - the instructions were simple enough. I really love the look of this! I'm so pleased with it every time I walk into the kitchen.
I bought this piece to fit along a small wall in my sun room to hold books and large seashells and small potted plants. It is absolutely perfect! My son put it together in just a few moments with the included allen wrench and I had it filled with my stuff within the hour. I had a hard time finding a bookcase to fit the small space that I had (30"L wall) that didn't look dark and heavy and didn't protrude too far into the room. As soon as I saw this on Overstock I knew it was exactly what I wanted! The quality of this baker's rack is much better than I would have expected for under $XXX and it fits perfectly within the 'french-inspired' decor of my sun room. I suppose it could also be used outdoors on a patio but I think I might spray it first with a protective polyurethane to keep it from rusting if I were to do that.
A little hesitant to order this item, as sometimes these racks can be kind of flimsy, but after reading the reviews, decided to go with it and am glad I did. Its easy to assemble and very well made. Nice looking item. Definitely recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? described very well
Obvi, this won't change your life but for $XX, it's a great piece. 5 shelves of storage. I use one for my kitchen-aid mixer, one has cook books, the top shelf has a piece of art & a few candles, bottom shelf has cutting boards & blender.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This item serves its purpose, which was to remove bulky items from my countertop i.e., rice cooker, food processor ... But when putting it together a few of the screws just would not catch to make a tighter fit. My countertop looks amazing and the rack is nice to have.
This item came with one of the pads on the legs off - we glued it on. Some of the shelves were not flat - they buckle, but you can't really notice it when books or items fill the shelf. I like the color. It is a good size wnd fits into the space we wanted. Overall it looks pretty good, but definitely not made very well. I decided to keep it and hope it holds up well. It seems pretty sturdy with the books on it.
I like this rack, but it does scratch easily, and when put together it wobbles a bit. We even tried loosening the screws and tightening them back up, but it didn't help. I would probably buy this again however cause I think it looks cute in my kitchen.