Color is exactly how it looks in picture. The brown mat is thin but it works for the job. Let's face it; you're only there for a minute putting on shoes. It unzips for washing. I had my mom make a new cover out of fabric I bought so it goes perfectly in my mud room. I am a woman who put this together by myself in about an hour. Yes, you have to have patience & you must read the directions 2 or 3 times to get it but it's not rocket science. (OK, OK, I had help from my 4 year old.) The quality is great. It looks like a nice piece of furniture. It does not look cheap at all. My son & I can put two shoes in each slot. My husbands shoes use one slot for each shoe. And my tennis shoes use one slot for each shoe. For the three of us, it works great because I don't keep all of our shoes in it, just our most used ones for the season. Love the drawers. We keep our socks in there.
It was a little tricky assembling it. The hard parts were aligning pieces after smaller parts were put together and the instructions aren't very thorough.If you pay attention, you will figure it out. After it is assembled, it looks great, and it's sturdy. I weigh 188 lbs, and it holds me well. The color is a very rich brown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I assembled this mostly by myself, with occasional help from my husband. The directions were fairly clear, although I had to redo some steps that I got backwards. make sure you always keep in mind which is the front and which is the back as you assemble. It fits in our back hall and holds our shoes. The cushion is a little flimsy, but could be replaced eventually. One corner is scratched - don't know if it came that way or I did it unpacking it - but it doesn't show so I am ignoring it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems sturdy and well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
Wonderful shoe bench. We receive many compliments on it whenever we have guests over. I have absolutely no complaints about this product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Looks good, fairly easy to assemble. Will require you to buy additional braces to make it sturdy for sitting. The backing is made of weak card board, I replaced it with wood. Also, it comes with paper scuff pads for the baskets. I replaced the pads with felt pads. I bought it for my daughter who liked the look of it, so we kept it and made the additional adjustments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality not good. This will collasp if you sit on it. I had to purchase additional wood and metal braces to make the bench sturdy for sitting.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of the bench was good, just don't try sitting on it
We shopped around for a shoe storage bench at **** and **** and the quality and price of this one was way better. Putting it together takes a little patience as there are a lot of very small parts. This is definitely a two person job as you are going to need someone to help you sturdy the bench while you put it together. Once assembled it looks great. Perfect for any entryway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought many products from your site but this one was a disaster! There were parts that weren't fully manufacturered and since it would've taken more time to try and rebox and ship this back we ended up mitering 2 panels so the slots would fit with the mating panel. If you don't have tools then don't buy this bench.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
Was missing pieces and have waited over 2 weeks for overstock to resend. Finally sending it back. Found a quality one at a local Furniture store of better quality cheaper. Wont be doing business with overstock again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was ok, hard to tell color matches on a computer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality and missing pieces
We like the shoe bench so far, and it sure is sturdy! Its a great value for the money we spent on it, it just requires some assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
Perfect place to store shoes and have a place to sit when taking them on and off. Very sturdy. Nice cushion. Washable cover. Baskets are handy for storing slippers or mittens. I would buy this again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty cocoa brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This was nicer than I expected. It was pretty easy to assemble. The '5th leg', the little block of wood that goes on the bottom for added support, was not included in the box. My husband went to the company's website and requested another one and they shipped it fast and free. The shipping was fast too, TX to PA, ordered on a monday and it arrived thursday! Made in the USA which is always a good thing!! I love this bench in my entryway! It has added a richness to the area while allowing me to stay organized w/ shoes, keys, sale ads, etc. Highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very nice, dark, rich color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I found the bench difficult to put together (I usually have no problem with other Overstock products' assembly). The bench now has some slight wobbliness...and the baskets are nearly impossible to screw together -- I'm going to have to find another method of my own to put them together. I would send it back but it is too much of a pain to deconstruct and reship. It is for my "mudroom" hallway. Based on this experience, I would say it cost too much ($****).
Bought this to put in my entry way, under a mirror. ...worked out perfectly. Assembly was a bit tricky, needed four hands (2 people), and the instructions were not the clearest but after we figured it out, I find it to be very sturdy. I changed the brown pillow for an outdoor pillow the same length to brighten it up. The drawers are a bit stiff and don't flow out nicely, there's a bit of friction, hence the 4 star. But it looks nice and holds shoes neatly. As someone else said, depending on the size of shoes, you might use one slot per shoe. For my kids (preschoolers) I use one slot for 2 pairs of shoes. I just slide one pair in and put the next behind it. So it works well for our family.
I am pleased with this bench -- I had been watching one at a store with the initials P and B, but couldn't justify the price. Assembly wasn't too bad. I did most of it during my son's nap and then he helped finish -- probably 75-90 minutes in all. The one difference in the P B bench and this one is that the top on this one is flat, so the pad slides around. It's really thin anyway, so I found a pad with "grippers" on the bottom at improvements catalog -- it was $40, and fits nicely.
The shoe bench is exactly what I was looking for and it totally met all of my expectations. It looks just like the photograph. Once constructed the wood looks very nice (I was a little concerned when I first opened the box) and of high quality. It is very sturdy and will accommodate a pair of women's or children's shoes in each slot, but only one man's shoe per slot. The cushion is very thin, but we have a coat rack hanging above the bench, so a thicker cushion would not work because our coats would touch and bunch on the top of bench. If I were to place the bench in another spot, I would probably buy a better cushion for it. It is a nice piece of furniture and I highly recommend this shoe bench.
The title indicates my structural issues, but I'll start with appearance. Appearance wise, the unit isn't bad at all. Think Ikea with a classic styling. The bench pillow is thin but serviceable. The dimensions of the baskets should not be over estimated, they are very shallow. For the price, I would have been very happy with the purchase. The decor worked, and the trade-offs were worth the price tag. Unfortunately I found it to be very unstable. I'm not sure the difference in reviews. Some report instability and the need to modify the bench, others have positive reports. (I'm not sure if they use for show, or actually sit on it.) The design relies on dowels and cams (similar to most cheap office furniture). Unfortunately, the cams are limited to affixing the top and bottom to the sides (forming a rectangle) with nothing more than the dowels used to connect the top and bottom to the internal vertical shelf fins. The result is poor stability as there is a great deal of shifting on the x-axis. I'm sure it will hold in the short term, but over time the cams will work through the soft wood. For reference I'm 5 10, 170lb, but the lack of stability did not require my sitting on it. I could gently rock the unit back and forth with my hand. It may just be a bad batch (central vertical boards not cut with precision), but given the potential shipping costs => Look elsewhere!
My husband who puts and takes things apart for a living put this together and said the quality was very poor. He put this item together and stated that it involved pushing "wood" pegs (my words not his) I believe into the slats. Problem is the connectors did not fit well and the product kept collapsing as he was moving on to the next segment so he had to balance it the whole time during construction. He was forced to invert the top shoe shelf so the unfinished part shows rather than the finished part because it would not stay in place otherwise. The top of this piece is a bench and he mentioned he would not trust anything heavier than a small child to sit on this. We have this item against a wall behind the door in our foyer and from a cosmetic perspective, I am very pleased with it as it matches my decor and looks exactly as depicted so I am happy with it. I may have the "pegs/rivets" replaced with more solid hardware to make the item sturdier and perhaps flip the top shoe shelf so the finished part is visible at a later date. As for now it holds our shoes and serves its purpose. My husband stated based on how flimsy this is he hopes I did not spend more than $50 bucks, I guess that will be our little secret!! I would say should not cost more than $100 as it is comparable to Target/Ikea furniture in construct. He suggested the item should have been constructed and reinforced prior to shipping and sent via freight for a better construct quality. For now, it comes in pieces..good luck! Also, strong odor upon arrival. Took a few days and some Febreze and other products like "Pledge" to eliminate odor. Also kept it by the front door for airing. Overall, I love it and since I don't have any kids around it or other stressors like having people sit on it, it should hold up just fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.