Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. Many people have commented on the doors so I was well aware there might be difficulty in assembling it. The assembly went smoothly, I did it by myself and had it put together in less than 2 hours (I'm slow and careful). When it comes to the doors I have a bit of advice: there are two brackets on each door, each bracket has three screws to hold it to the cabinet. There are three 'indentations' on the inside of the cabinet where you are supposed to put the screws into... this is where you need to be careful. Don't trust the indentations. Here is what I did - I put one screw in the indentation for the top bracket and one on the bottom - then close the door... now you can decide, does the door need to go up or down? or is it ok... You can then loosen the screws and make the adjustments. If you screw all the screws in and then close the doors to find it doesn't fit, you won't have much leeway to fix it as you have already made holes in the cabinet making it more difficult to make slight adjustments... and it usually only needs slight adjustments.Finally, I was disappointed in the 'cardboardy' back pieces to the cabinet. However, you can't see them when it is pushed up against to wall, so perhaps I'm just being picky given the price point.
Wwere looking for an entertainment center with doors to keep our nine month old twins from pressing buttons on our electronics. This was perfect!! Easy enough to assemble, made of asctual wood, and much nicer than the more expensive (yet pressboard) pieces we saw while shopping around. HIGHLY recommend!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very sturdy and rich looking
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
My husband and I have a 10 month old and needed to get all of our TV equipment behind doors. The glass doors allow us to hide the cable box but the remote still works. The cross pattern nicely hides what is inside the doors. The color worked well with our decor and the size is great. We are able to fit an xBox 360, cable box, DVD player, routers, and baskets of DVDs inside. We have a 47" flat screen on top which just barely hangs over the sides. Our son was still able to pull the doors open because they stay closed with small magnets but we installed plastic baby-proof hooks, which can't be seen, and seem to do the job of keeping him out of the cabinet. The box was very heavy when it was delivered and I had to carry each piece upstairs separately though. I found it very easy to put together and did it all by myself in about 30 minutes. Overall, we are very happy with our purchase and found Overstock had the best price of this unit.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color was a little darker than what it appears to be on the website.
- How is the quality of the product? I was very impressed with the quality of the product and the solid wood pieces, except for two small back panels which are thin card-board or plastic material.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The description did accurately describe the product and we were very happy with it.
This is a beautiful piece of furniture. Went together easily and fast. The reason for 4 stars is, as previously notes, the doors can sometimes not line up perfectly. I just put a little shim under mine, you can't see it so works for me. One tip: We put our DVR on the top shelve. If you do, be sure the shelf is the right height (they're adjustable) or you won't be able to see the LED on the front..hahaha I have to lower my shelf one notch.
A beautiful piece of furniture. A little difficult to put together, but great instructions. I would recommend to anyone.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes, very much so
The cabinet is exactly what I was looking for. It is the right color and size which was not easy to find in a mostly modern looking corner cabinet. Overall I am very satisfied, however there were a few issues. The box came pretty badly damaged. Not sure if that was Overstock or UPS, but the packing material was badly broken. Upon unpacking it we found that it was a repack. Some of the screws had already been installed in parts of the wood and the 5th leg, an extra support piece that goes in the middle of the bottom was cracked. Since the piece was only extra support and not visible, we glued and clamped it and it was fine. Had I paid more money for it or bought it locally, I would have replaced it with another of the same item. I didn't bother as it looks and functions just fine. We had to glue a few screws since it was a repack, but again it went together just fine. I appreciated others' feedback warning us to be careful about lining up the doors and in doing so, had no problems. Ours is actually straighter than the one in the picture. My one warning is that if your equipment is deep, it may not fit as the sides are angled to make the unit fit in a corner. We were able to fit the DVR and DVD players with no issue, but the amplifier had to sit on its side toward the center to fit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is good, not great. It is a value for the price and looks better and more substantial in person than in the picture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate
I was very apprehensive about this product, as my husband is not the handiest at assembling things. But I took the chance, because we loved the style and appearance. SO glad I did! He assembled it with ease! No swear words! Had it completed in about 40 minutes! It is beautiful in corner of our living room. Everyone admires it. Love it!
Overall a really nice piece of furniture. Real wood on the doors and front. Pretty simple to assemble and very well labeled parts. The only complaint is that when attaching the top if you over tighten the bolts you will cause a dimple to poke up and it will not go down even if you retract the bolt. My fault actually, as I had the unit upside down when I was screwing the top on as it gave a better angle.
We needed a corner cabinet to keep the cords away from our 9 month old and this is exactly what we needed. Looks very nice for something that came out of a box. Also, if you are using to keep little ones away from electronics, just snap a black rubber band around the knobs and it keeps the doors secure.
Product arrived on time but due to poor packaging and loose screws, one piece had gouges in the wood. Had to wait another week for that to be delivered. Went together well but doors didn't line up evenly so had to change location of hinges leaving holes from original. They don't show unless door is open. Back is just cardboard and I left off so my receiver would fit inside. I like the look of the finished product. Shelves must be aligned so cable and speaker signals are easily seen thru glass or remotes won't work unless doors are open
Love this stylish cabinet, but as the other reviews say, the doors will hang crooked on the stand due to the pre-drilling holes. It's exactly as pictured. Zoom in on the doors and you will see the gap. Doesn't bother us, but not possible to fix or you will split the wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lovely walnut wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
This was very easy to assemble by myself. Its constructed better than any other unassembled furniture I've ever purchased. It was well packed and had no mars on it. It is beautiful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is actually more beautiful in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cabinet is VERY well built.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate