In the end, the assembled bench looks nice. However, I had to do a fair amount of my own work to make up for some shoddy wormanship by the factory. There were dowel holes that were poorly drilled (so the dowels themselves did not fit snugly), the finish was uneven, poorly illustrated assembly instructions, etc. I used glue, bar clamps, and some additional bracing hardware to improve the bench. Without that, it would have been a pretty mediocre completed product. Note: the instructions say the bench will support 240 lbs. So though there is room for two people to sit, it better be two people that weigh less than 120 lbs each. I added some L-braces under the seat to allow for added weight. Also, the drawers underneath the seat are exremely small; each will hold two to three pairs of gloves, no more. Maybe I should have expected this given the bench's stated dimensions, but it was still surprising how little the drawers hold nonetheless. Buy it if you want the beginnings of a decent looking bench. However, it's not a bench I assembled easily, nor is it one that provides much storage.
This bench sits on a protected veranda by the front of my house. It is petite enough for the space, but goes well with our home's (somewhat) Craftsman theme. One of my neighbors even commented on how inviting it looks. I would like to add a cushion to it, but it is fine the way it is. My husband had no problems with the assembly.
I rate this high do to the fact that it is made almost entirely of real wood & it is a very petite bench for small spaces. My boyfriend assembled it with a little bit of effort. It seems to be quite sturdy & looks like a nice peice of furniture. I only have 1 complaint. It was very difficult to find s cushion that fit this petite bench. It is definately worth the money ! I couldn't buy a price of junk from Walmart for the $150.00 I paid for this. I'm very pleased with my purchase ! 😊
I am very happy with this Hillside Oak Country Bench. I like the quality, style and wood finish. The directions for assembling the bench were straightforward and we had no problem putting it together. It looks great in our foyer! For the price, this is a nice piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood finish is just as shown on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am pleased with the wood, finish and design of this bench.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I am pleased with the site description and the actual product. I received what I perceived I purchased.
All in all very pleased with purchase . Ease of ordering and the constuction of finished product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements and description accurate
There was a piece of the side panel that was cracked, it is in a spot that didn't matter and is up against a wall so we didn't send it back. We know that "O" would have totally replaced it w/in a week, but didn't want to go to all the trouble so we wood puttied it and left it. The color is a little darker, which worked out great for us. The drawers are small, but I knew that from other reviews and don't mind. Less for the family to collect...This is in our front entryway of our lake home and fits in well. Not too big, not too heavy so I can move it easy to clean the floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a shade darker, which was fine for us
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
My bench arrived on time. One of the sides was broken. I called the company. They had my information on hand and the replacement piece arrived within a few days. Overall I am very satasfied with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate discription
The bench looks great in the entryway and we love the drawers. The only criticism I would give is that when assembling the bench, some of the drilled holes on the drawer pieces were too big for the screws so they did not catch when screwing them in. Other than that, putting it together was pretty easy.
The bench fits wonderfully in our front hall. I had a tough time finding a bench that was narrow enough to fit in our space, so was happy to find this one. The instructions are well done and easy to follow. The color of the bench is true to the picture shown and it when built, looks very "*****.