I read others' reviews before deciding on this I also "googled" it and could not find a better price. The piece matches my other Mission furniture perfectly and replaces a huge Thomasville entertainment center. It looks like our living room gained about 200 square feet! The directions were easy to follow and the pieces needed to assemble it (screws, wooden pegs, cabinet handles, etc.) were packaged individually on a blister sheet and clearly marked. My husband decided to keep the back open for ease of hooking up all of our A/V connections and it still looks fine. Eventually I think I'll take the saw to the back and cut out pieces to cover the back side of the glass door cabinets. That said - even the back panel piece is substantial - its not a flimsy piece of fiberboard. The only recommendation I would make in the assembly instructions is to turn the entire piece upside down after placing the top on it. Some of the the wood dowels were a bit short and it was easier to let gravity do its thing by turning the piece upside down and turning the screws down vs. sitting on the floor, trying to hold the top down and using the screwdriver upwards. Yes, I am the handywoman in the family! But we are more than satisfied with our purchase. Kudos to Overstock.com!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Solid - even better than I'd hoped or expected
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, but I think it actually understated the positive attributes!
Fairly solid and pretty easy to assemble but not quite what I was looking for. Look closely at the second pix above (the one where the door is open). There are "stripes" on the side pieces where the wood is pieced together. Some people might like this but I'm not crazy about it. The piece is pretty heavy, I"ve assembled it and it fits perfectly in the space so we're keeping it but I wouldn't have bought it if I'd seen the way the sides are. Oh, and the back is made of something like a cross between cardboard & 70s paneling but that could be a good thing if you need to cut more holes to run wires (there is one hole in the center section).
Very satisfied with this purchase! can't think of anything negative to say about it!! It was very easy to assemble, directions were concise. We needed only a screwdriver to assemble and my husband and I got it done in about an hour, start to finish, including clean up! It looks like it came directly from a furniture store and not like something that had to be assembled at home. I would highly recommend this product!
This is just what I was looking for. i wanted to get rid of a "modern" glass and metal TV stand that I had and replace it with something matching my wood and leather mission style recliners in the same room. This piece is perfect. The size is not overwhelming, which I like, yet it adds a very finished appearance to the room. I have a 50" LG and it is exactly the same width as this stand. The wood finish is very nice looking. It went together in about an hour working alone and with only a Phillips screwdriver. If I'd have had another pair of hands available, it would have been even quicker. Assembly is easy, the instructions are adequate. My sole complaint - and it really isn't a complaint as much as an observation - is about the depth of the stand. I believe it is only 15" and that is not adequate for many stereo components, particularly when all of the connections and plugs are in place. My Yamaha receiver sticks out about 1" to 1 1/2" right now, and I haven't hooked it up yet. I plan to cut out the back of the stand to allow the components to all be flush with the front shelf edge. I don't think it will show at all and since the back is about a 1/.4" fiberboard material, it should be easy to do. All in all, I've very happy with the purchase. I gave it four stars just because I think five ought to be for something extraordinary. A good purchase. I'd recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, particularly for something requiring assembly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The credenza is for a 42" plasma TV. It works perfectly. Assembly was easy. Delivery was prompt. No complaints. Good quality, fair price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? picture on web site was accurate with respect to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description of features
Assembly was fairly easy, and the unit looks good, but it sags just a little in the middle from the weight of the TV. This is enough to make it difficult to open and close the doors. I have a 50" plasma flatscreen, which was right up to the limit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
I was very impressed with the quality of the materials, the ease of assembly (I did it myself, with just a few hand tools), the sturdiness of the unit, and the overall style. It was a great price (less than half the cost of comparable units in local furniture stores) and delivery was very fast. However, the front cabinet doors and the two side panels are a distinctly lighter color than the bottom, top, back, and shelves. A great disappointment. And of course, that's the risk of buying something so large and heavy from Overstock -- if it's not quite right, the hassle and expense of return shipping leave you stuck with something you wouldn't have purchased if you'd known what it was actually going to look like.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poor--parts of the unit are distinctly different colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy construction and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This TV stand looks great. The wood finish is very pretty, and it was easy for my husband to assemble. The shelves are deep enough and have enough space between each other to fit all of our entertainment consoles and boxes. This is saying a lot because we have a Wii, a PS3, a satellite receiver, and a DVD/VCR combo. All 4 of these items fit on the shelves and there's even space for more. The overall appearance of the TV stand looks very high quality, but the price was low. I highly recommend this item to others.
This is perfect for the money and well made. Looks like a more expensive piece when all put together. Very well constructed and not cheap looking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was right on!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
Stand is very strong. It came well-protected with a lot of packing materials. The doors open and shut perfectly. We searched for other media stands in the local stores but this was stand was better quality and a lower price. Shipping was also free!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked a little more red then the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and nice looking
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
In addition to providing a plesant loking TV stand, there is storage space for DVDs, CDs and anything else that suits your fancy..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Remarkably alike
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality appears good. The doors coild have a better fit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on the mark
I had purchased a very large entertainment piece 12 years ago.Back then I had a large Tv on wheels and didn't need a stand.Since then my TV is dead and buried and has been replaced with 54" LCD that requires a stand. I've been looking for something to match my piece forever! I have been using a glass stand. From the picture it looked like a exact match.I have never ordered furniture on line before so was a little hesitant. I'm glad I did. Matched perfect.Very well made, 2 hrs to put together alone ( I'm female)..I'm not that mechanically talented so don't be afraid ladies!!! Love it, oh and it only took 1 day to get it.. Great buy!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description.
For the price I paid with o.co, I could have gone to our local WM store and gotten a laminate TV stand that wouldn't have been anything special, and probably would have lasted a few years before it started to look kind of crummy. This is such a great deal. It matches my other mission style furniture and lamps (also purchased at o.co). Assembly took my husband about 90 minutes to two hours but we move slowly on these projects so we don't put them together backwards/inside out. You will be pleasantly surprised. There were no issues with incorrectly drilled holes, or missing/warped pieces.
Oak stand was very easy to assemble and holds my 55" TV very well. Looks very good in family room. MY friends came over to the house and said the stand must have cost me $***. When I told them what I paid for it, they all said they were going to order one for their TV. Great Stand and very pleased with product.
what I needed for lp's & equipment- nice piece that fits in just right with my decore. the size & space is more than adequate for my use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far so good!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact