I purchased this clock for my daughters TV room off of her bedroom. It looks VERY CHEAP!. The middle part is a piece of unfinished steel. I shop from overstock all of the time and have to admit this is the first purchase I should have returned.
It fits perfectly in my family room feature wall. The only draw back is that it's difficult to read the clock due to no contrast. The hands and the numbers are both black and they blend together because of the similar lines. It's a beautiful clock though.
I had my eye on this clock for a while and when it went on sale I used my O reward points to purchase it. I was prepared to have problems with the clock hands after reading other reviews, so I purchased a new clock mechanism to replace the one that came with the clock. I painted the silver plate black and the hands gold, and for $11 I have a very classy clock that fits perfectly over the fireplace. I love it.
This clock was just what I was looking for. The first clock I received worked for two days and then starting loosing time. I contacted Overstock about replacing and I actually received the new clock before the old one was back to them! The new clock works like a charm. Not only a nice clock, but TERRIFIC service!
I was unsure of the center color from the picture but it was silver/grey and a perfect match for my decor. Size was large and just what I had wanted. I would give 5 stars but there was a small amount of damage to the color on the silver/grey area caused by packaging. Other than that I love it and it was better than I had hoped.
The picture is exactly what you see and fills the area I wanted it for. I like it. I put it up before Thanksgiving expecting guest to notice and comment, no one said anything. I think it looks good but would recommend placing the clock on a wall with a striking paint color. My walls are neutral and it doesn't stand out like it would on a darker/brighter color. I agree with other comments made about this clock that the center disk where the hands attach could be painted black but that's a personal choice, it's fine the way it is. I would recommend the clock.
I read the other reviews about this clock before I purchased. One of the reviewers said they spray painted the center black, and that's exactly what I did. It makes all the difference in the look of this clock. The tin looked a little too casual for the style I was going for. The clock keeps good time and is large enough to fill a big wall, but not heavy feeling. Love it!
From a distance the clock looks great. Quality not so much. Other reviewers are right paint the middle part black. The middle disc was a little off centered so you couldn't hang it by measure and level, but by eye or it seemed uneven. Hang it by nails first before sinking the anchors. The welding on the clock hooks was off so you could not mount the screw thru the larger hole and pull down to the narrower position and tighten. It will be difficult to get it off the wall to change the battery. I looked for other hands for the clock, but couldn't find any that size. I painted the hands silver and it is easier to read the time. Like the looks, but you get what you pay for - very poor quality control.
The clock itself looks fine from a distance. The silver paint on the circle in the middle is cheap and sloppy though. The hands are very flimsy - I had to bend them straight. The wall mount brackets are a bit too noticeable - I may paint them to match my wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, not excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love my new clock, especially the oversized look. I did not have a problem with clock keeping time, but with other clocks made the same way as this one and having previously purchased one made similar from another website a while ago, the clock hands can get jammed. Like I said, no jamming with this one, but like i did on my other clock, I just carefully shaped the hands before I put the battery in so they would not touch and tangle or jam on each hour revolution. Looks great, rustic, all true to description. Very great for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality was very good especially for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was very accurate
I love this for above our fireplace, because you can see the wall through it, so it doesn't look like some massive painting, but accents the room color (gold). It took us awhile to decide what we wanted there, and this was something we both agreed on, and are very happy with.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Working perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Love it! It looks fantastic in our family room hanging over our fireplace. .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Wrought iron clocks can get very expensive and I saw this one and put a lil sweat equity in it and now it looks 10x better. All I did was spray paint the clocks hands and center to black to match the rest. Now it doesn't look cheap at all and a lot of people think I spent a ton of money on it because it is so big. I do get a lot if compliments on it. I would just recommend if you do buy this to also spray paint the hands black, looks much nicer than the cheap looking silver.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great wrought iron frame but Pretty poor quality on the hands
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
The minute hand seems to be working accurately but I don;t know yet if the hour hand will be accurate. Overall, it works for the wall/room that I bought it for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the clock, but the silver-toned middle circle looks unjfinished and the clock hands are flimsy. I will probably paint the silver circle black.
I love this clock. I hung it and it fits perfect. I can't keep it though because it doesn't keep time. When you spin the big hand, the little hand goes with it but then jumps a big gap here and there. I hate to return it because I love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautiful but it doesn't keep time
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate