We bought the desk for our son's room. The desk isn't great quality, but we didn't expect find furniture for the price we paid. It should be fine for a kid, but if you're looking for a nice desk for a home office or similar, keep looking. Assembly wasn't difficult, but the cam locking system doesn't work well at all, and there were two pieces without proper holes drilled for the wooden dowels. I pulled the dowels out so the pieces would fit flush, and used a few wood screws to keep from wiggling. The "wood" is really pressboard, and it is very easily dented. Overall, pretty disappointing. Meh.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mediocre quality - mostly pressed wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
I wouldn't say it was difficult to put together, it just isn't made well. Some of the pieces were chipped or scratched. The screw/cam system is horrible. Most of the cams won't lock and fell out. If it wasn't such a hassle to take apart and try to box up and ship back I would. Not exactly pleased but I went to hardware store and bought some metal brackets to secure the desk better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not impressed.
As it looks on the site. The space in the front of the shelves is narrow and putting any book or other item of any size requires you to put it in from the side. The color on my monitor pretty much matched the actual color of this item.
The desk is pretty good for what it is, the cubbies on the lower two shelves are somewhat impractical if the desk is set up in a tight space. There is enough room on it for my 22 inch monitor, keyboard, mouse, and a few pictures but not much else. Since its a smaller size, compared to other desks I've used before, it fits well in my small office and makes the space look larger than it is. Over all I'm happy with the purchase and I think assembly was pretty easy. Once I had the pieces sorted out it took me about an hour to put it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Its solid black, not what ever the color is in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
This was the solution to a long quest for a craft table with storage for my 10 year old daughter. I wanted a table with open storage on both sides. I had seen several larger tables of similar style but did'nt have the room or the budget for those. She loves it and so do I!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is true black. Picture makes it appear a very dark brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, pieces fit well, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect