The good: - Nice cherry wood color - Very attractive design - Roomy and serves the purpose The bad: 1) The box arrived with parts hanging out, indicating poor packaging of the product, but no parts were missing. 2) Most of the pieces are low quality MDF that may easily chip and break up during assembly. Some pieces on the front appear to be nice solid wood. 3) The unit after assembly was still not sturdy and extra reinforcement was necessary. The 2 panel doors are too heavy for the rest of the unit that if you open them with the unit empty, the unit falls forward. 4) Given the questionable sturdiness, think twice about buying this if you have small children who would be playing near it.
We received the cabinet assembly pieces. After assembly the wood was broken because the wood is not hard enough to contain the screws. Also the latch it has for joining the screws is not fitting properly which inturn worn out the screws.
I read other reviews that complained that they needed to bolt it to the wall. I have ordered a lot of furniture type products such as these and they all come with wall brackets. This is a fail safe for the manufacturer against someone pulling something over on themselves of small children and the like. Our stove came with a wall bracket! I don't know of a small child would have the strength to pull over a stove. You decide if you need to bracket it. It was easy to assemble and came out looking nicely with some of our actual antique furniture. Would definitely recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit darker in real life but close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and attractive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I suppose this is what you would expect for this price. I don't mean for this to be a centerpiece of my living room but the poor craftsmanship really shows, particularly on the door panels when the patterns cannot even align. The cabinet is small and good for filling in a small space, a corner somewhere perhaps, out of sight. What I really dislike is that three of the shelves are not adjustable. (top, middle and bottom boards) This essentially makes the top and bottom compartments narrow and useless when they could have been combined to make a 5 leveled shelf, rather than a 6 leveled-with-two-useless-levels shelf. The assembly is fairly straight forward.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close enough
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
This is a attractive cabinet to house my DVDs. I like the glass in the doors. The only minor thing for me is that the cabinet doesn't sit flat. It leans back a little which is good that it doesn't make it easy to tip over, but it is noticeable. It's a nice size. I put my movies sideways so that it is easier to read the titles. I wish there were a cabinet that was made that held them that way. I know it's anal, but I keep my movies in alphabetical order... but putting them sideways, it's easy to take them out and put them back. Yes, I would recommend this cabinet if the size meets your needs. It is fine for me.
Looks more expensive than price suggests, sturdy and roomy. Nice addition to media room. Would consider buying another when this one is filled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was a little darker than photo, but a nice cherry all the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like a fne piece of furniture, much nicer than most put-together pieces I've seen before.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, nice wood finish.
This product met my expectations, nice color, good size. i reccommend purchasing this item for housing books or nick-knacks
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? preety close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate, i thought it would be a little taller
I own two of these. One of my fondest memories with my boyfriend was putting the two cabinets together. They are beautiful and look very nice side by side. If you mounted two more to the wall, they would look nice as an entire wall unit. I highly recommend these.
Arrived ahead of estimated shipping schedule. The item was well packed and arrived undamaged. I assembled it alone in less than four hours (and, yes, I am a woman). The instructions should be looked through thoroughly to avoid any confusion, but they are fairly straight forward. The unit is a beautiful dark cherry color and is very nice to look at. It is also very sturdy, but since it is tall and narrow, if it is to sit on carpeting I would advise anchoring it to the wall. I am very pleased with the unit and would buy it, or a like unit of different size, again.