After watching my wife struggle with jewelry cases and bags for 15 years and just ending up with a tangled mess of twisted up chains, something needed to be done ... if this sounds familiar, then buy this unit.The unit is well built with the standard furniture wood, but it is finished nicely with no flaws. The outside case is built strong, hardware is standard kitchen cupboard type. The mirror is flawless with proper thick glass and is not "wavy" to look in at all. There is a lock on the case which is perfect for us and strong enough to keep prying eyes and small kids out, but of course not strong enough to be considered safe in a break in.The inside of the unit is fully covered with black fuzzy material. All hooks and pieces of wood are screwed in so if for any reason you want to reconfigure the case or add additional hooks it is very easy to do so with minimal handyman skills.There is room for about 70 rings, 50 or more chains and you could double up each hook if needed. There are about 30 spots for miscellaneous items like broaches and pins. With a small hook kit from your local hardware store you can easily add to this. There is also a small but deep tray the sit on the bottom shelf for additional miscellaneous items.Pros: Massive amounts of storage with no tanglesCons: NoneTips:- Remove the mirrored door for easier installation as the unit is heavy to hold while installing- Mount to studs in the wall or buy proper wall anchors rather than the silly plastic plugs included- If the lock unit does not lock properly like mine did, just carefully bend the lock bar slightly back so it fits in the groove properly, makes more sense when you see it. Mine works perfectly now.
great addition for anyone looking for jewellery storage without yet another piece of furniture sitting on the floor. I recommend that you do not use the hardware included. tThe anchors are not pliable enough to install into drywall without stripping the hole. Also, if you are planning to install this on your own (ideally, you need 3 people), I highly recommend that you remove the door to cut down on the weight. This isn't really a complain though as it speaks to the solid wood quality of the item. Over all, very happy with the purchase and the prompt shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. material and construction was better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I hung my armoire but have not filled it with jewelry yet... we'll see if it holds what I own. I'm very happy with the appearance of the outside, but I think the workmanship on the inside leaves a little to be desired. For example, the top wood slat with jewelry hooks is slightly crooked and the screws in the door hinge are installed on an angle. They were difficult to remove to take the door off. I don't mean to sound picky but those details are important to me. I mounted the unit by myself with no trouble. I removed the door first (be careful taking the brass screws out... they're soft metal and easily stripped). The weight of the door would have made it much more difficult! I used the thin styrofoam packing sheet (the same size as the armoire) to position the unit and mark the holes for the screws. I mounted the unit with larger screws and anchors. The screws that are included are much too small for the weight of the armoire. I'm very pleased with the look of the oak and the mirror. I'd recommend it to anyone.
It's the best jewelry armoire you can get. Almost all my jewelry fits in there and it has a key, so it's chldren-free! I just love it! I wish I had bought it earlier!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I purchased this jewelry armoire for my daughter for Christmas. I am amazed at the speed in which I received this item. Only two days and in great shape. I did not open the box completely but checked everything closely. Truly amazing piece of furniture for the money! I highly recommend this piece if anyone is looking for a lot of jewelry storage....the lock is a nice feature too!
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a ton of jewelry and wants to consolidate it into one location. I'd been keeping all my jewelry amongst 3 smaller jewelry boxes and now I never have to wonder where a certain pair of earring are or where that ring went. The only warning I have is that is very heavy - I would make sure that where you decide to mount it has a stud and it definately takes two to mount.
This mirror was the perfect solution 2 problems I had. I needed some where to put my jewlery (other than random places in my house) and I needed a full length mirror for when I get ready for work. The armoire seems pretty sturdy, it was fairly easy to install with the use of a laser level, a ruler, and a drill. It was a 2 person job, since I needed someone to hold it, but it went smoothly. I was actually shipped the walnut instead of the oak, but I like the color of it better so I'm happy with the goof.
I've been wanting this Armoire for a long time, and finally ordered it to store my Lia Sophia jewelry in. It has lots of places for necklaces and rings, but the earring holder is not very functional. There is a very small box that sits on the bottom to hold what won't fit in any other holder, but again, the box is not very functional. It hast three very small sections, and one large ring will almost fill up one section. Stud earrings won't work well in the earring holder, so I put them in the box. There is no place for large bangle bracelets, so I still must store them somewhere else. But all in all, this is a great jewelry storage. Holds a ton of necklaces, in a way that you can easily see what you want to wear, and your rings are easily accessible. Most hoop earrings will store in it, making them easy to find as well. And I can use the mirror to put my jewelry on. Since it hangs on the wall, it takes up no space on my dresser. There is a strong odor in the box, I assume from the varnish used on the wood. I've left the box open for a few days, and it's getting better, but is not gone yet. I recommend this Armoire to anyone with lots of jewelry and who's tired of hunting for a place to store it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Distressed Oak, not much grain, but nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate
Wife loves it......We remodeled our bathroom and the one item she wanted was a dressing mirror. I surprised her with this mirror....now all her jewelry is well organized instead having trays laying around, jewelry tossed in boxes and plastic sandwich bags it is where she can see it and use it. Very nice piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quailty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Overall this is a great piece of furniture. I needed a full length mirror in my bedroom and this is just right - the door opens to move into a better position too if necessary. It holds a tremendous amount of costume jewelry, but isn't suitable for pins. Earrings are a bit difficult to put in there - the wood pieces should be thinner. The only complaint I have is that the hardware they sent for mounting it on the wall is totally inadequate. The item is very heavy and the wall anchors they included would be very risky to use as they are very short. Also they only have 3 points to attach - 2 on the top and one in the center bottom. Fortunately my son knows all about putting things on walls and brought heavy duty anchors with him and I think it is securely fastened in place now. Finally one of the anchors should be screwed into a stud.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as shown on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
wife was extremely pleased with this unit. It was her birthday present.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. outstanding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I bought this item as a gift for my mom. She loves it. The quality is great. It takes two people to hang it on the wall. After I saw it on the wall I bought another for myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as Pcitured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as Pcitured
I have a lot of jewelry. Most of it is only valuable to me. This case holds most of it. Importantly, none of it gets tangled or mixed up with its neighboring jewelry. My case hangs in my office, where it perfectly complements the decor. It does not come across as a jewelry case; it comes across as a professionally put together cabinet. I am a very happy customer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? My product is a little darker, which is fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This case is well built, with even edges, working hinges, and a good, tight lock.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Looks Lovely; Arrived quickly; Installation was simple - although it would be a whole lot easier with 2 people: one to hold armoire in place, while the other drives the screws through the holes and into the wall. Since I did it alone, I set the armoire on a tall console table and used it to hold the armoire in place, while I drove in the screws. It is exactly what I wanted and looks great in my "Country" themed bedroom! Thanks, O.com for another fabulous bargain!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I wish I had this cabinet years ago! I am getting a lot more wear (and enjoyment) out of high-end costume jewelry because it's all in one place and well organized. The cabinet has a beautiful beveled mirror front, which makes it rather heavy, but it is well made. I suppose one could critique the craftmanship of this cabinet, but only if one were to pay much, much more for it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Bought this and mounted it to my bedroom wall. I elected to purchase some good quality drywall anchors because this item is very, very heavy and I didn't want it to come down. It has a LOT off room inside but I wish it had somewhere to store regular post earrings. All the earring holders are for danglers and those have to have a certain style to fit as well. It would also be nice to have another shelf and another set of the little boxes for your pins and so forth. The locking mechanism is good; not the little cheap things you get with other jewelry boxes, but not one you would call superior; does the job. I think the product is a good buy for the price and would buy one again if I had to. The oak is good and solid and doesn't have any marred surfaces less that character marks that are described already.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
Very nice. I love it. Was a pain to hang and had to use stronger anchors than the ones that came with it. It is heavy and took three people to hang it. Two to hold it in place and one to line up the holes and screw in place. But I am very happy with it. Lots of space!