This is a great coffee table, and we've been very happy with it. It fits in perfectly with the family room of our country house. Nice color and the nailheads go well with a rustic look. There is ample room for storing games, books, etc. inside, and the table provide plenty of surface space when closed. I just wish there were a way to prop the lid when you open the chest.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Can scratch, but overall good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I absolutely love my cocktail table! If anything, it looks even better than in the picture. It is very sturdy, and looks more expensive than it costs. It did take a while to put together, but everything was well-packaged, and the directions were easy to follow.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is excellent.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I saw this product on Overstock and newbie would look fabulous with my new living room. Well, it does. It was slightly challenging to put together but we did it. The top piece was cracked and I was very disappointed in this because it was not usable. I went to Overstock and they were terrific. They sent just the piece we needed and did not make me send anything back (which was good because it would have been very difficult to do that and I might have just given up). When the replacement top arrived, I finished assembling the coffee table and it looks terrific! I'm quite pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy and heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very much
The storage area in the bottom is shallow but the top when lowered gives you a few more inches, it can hold pillows and throws you can use while watching tv or playing games. The color is a medium dark brown stain and all nail heads and corner pieces are a brass color. It goes well with my eclectic living area.
Love my new table; exactly how it looked in the pictures. was easy to assemble. holds lots of stuff for storage
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I bought the Brookwood coffee table and two Brookwood end tables. They are very heavy duty and good solid qualitiy and are more beautiful in person then in the image displayed online. I'm super happy with them and tell everyone I know to come over and look at how pretty they are :) The only thing that I have noticed about the tables is that they do scratch easy, so be careful not to slide anything heavy across them. They also arrived sooner then I thought they would. This is my third order from overstock.com and I have been very happy with all of my orders.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent, table are a dark espresso color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice and solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
the product itself was as expected but the quality was terrible ....surely there was an inspector on this product... I had to order three pieces before it could be put together....also had to take apart when applying the hinges.....should have been more plainly marked......at least flagged so the pieces would not have been put on backwards
Exactly as pictured. Perhaps just a little more cherry color in person than dark espresso. Looks great & the functional trunk opens & shuts softly by itself. Very neat. It took my husband an entire evening to assemble. For example each individual rivet needs to be screwed in, which is of course time consuming. All things considered, this is an excellent value regardless.
I needed a table for storage, and this one has lots of it. It's made of veneered pressboard, but I think that's reflected in the price. There was a chip of veneer out of one corner, so it did get damaged in shipping, but I found the missing chip and will glue it in place. The table needed to be assembled when it arrives, but takes only a few tools and I did the complete job myself. It's unique and very substantial.
Call me bitter, but I tried putting this unit together on my own and ran into some stumbling blocks. The pieces are clearly labeled and there's even a sticker on the bottom of the trunk that indicates the front. I followed the instructions and after putting the truck together the front panel appeared to be upside down. According to the directions it was put together correctly. I continued on and when putting the legs together I found I could not screw the pieces together because the predrilled holes did not line up. I tried my hardest to make the them align, but absolutely failed. I'm a girl so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I asked my neighbor to help and when he tried he ran into the same issue. I then asked a co-worker, he too could not make the legs line up. Because it took a couple of weeks to get people over to help I ran outside of my 30 day return window. I now have to contact the manufacturer and keep my fingers crossed that they do something about it otherwise I may be out a couple of hundred dollars with a table that won't stand.
I was excited to find something as cool as this for a coffee table and it arrived okay, but the box was a bit dinged up as the package is heavy. Inside, it was perfectly fine and the tons of foam protected everything. After I started assembling a few problems cropped up that left us really dissapointed for the price. The metal base attaches to the trunk itself with bolts, however one of the bolt holes was too off-center, so one bolt didn't fit in...and I wasn't going to make another and possibly splinter the wood. The other challenge was that the guide holes for the spring hinges of the lid were drilled in the wrong spot. After fighting with it for a bit and couldn't get it to close properly, we just left the spring hinges off and just left the regular hinges. The regular hinges had pre-drilled guide holes as well, but since the screws are so small they don't really fit as tight as you'd like...so some are a bit loose. Since this is just a coffee table and we won't really be open/closing it a lot it's not too big a deal, but the quality of construction left a lot to be desired...but then again, it's made in China...
I had some unique living room furniture that came with my recently purchased house. I needed to find a coffee table (affordable) that would match. After visiting many furniture stores and thrift/antique shops, I found this one on Overstock.com. I could not be happier with it. It matches my other furniture, is functional (storage area), easy to put together, and arrived quickly and soundly. I was able to put the table together alone, until I came to the step of attaching the top with the hinges. That is definitely a 2-person step (unless you're an engineer, maybe!).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is the same as the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Took three shipments to finally get one that wasn't cracked but it was worth it. Overstock personnel were fantastic and sent replacements as quickly as possible. It was worth the wait. I love this table and especially the storage aspect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality once I got an unbroken one.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I couldn't be happier with this piece. It's substantial without being too bulky. It sits under my bay window, between two wicker chairs, and compliments the global decor in my living room. My experience with the furniture company, in reporting damage, was a breeze. No questions, no request for photos of the damage; just a quick response to send me the needed part and a sincere apology. What more could I ask?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Photo was a good indicator of wood color but metal is more a subdued brass than silver in color. Perfect for what I wanted!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The top of the table arrived cracked. When I called to ask about a replacement, they were extremely apologetic and accommodating and I received it very quickly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate
We purchased this using rewards $$ earned from a furniture order (still waiting on delvry!). This arrived in a short few days and was very easy to put together--suggest two people to assemble. Instructions were very clear and packaging/markings on each part were clearly marked as well! We are very pleased with the table and its appearance! Very rich appearance and durable.