Poor quality workmanship... the bed came compressed and rolled up so tight that one of its steel springs pierced through the top cover of the bed rendering it defective. Also, the bed is supposed to expand after 24 to 72 hours, but it does so in a warped fashion from the rolling compression maneuver they performed at the factory to ship it out.
The mattress is good, but if you like a firm surface, this is on the softer side. The blue edge coils do not offer any more support than any normal mattress. One issue was that it wasn't branded "Ultra Resort" but was a generic pillowtop. Since returns aren't possible, and I had no mattress at the time, I decided that this will make do. And it does just that, makes do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurately
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality is very good. Springs could have been better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overhyped; "Blue edge coils" are nothing special
The mattress itself is very comfortable, albeit just a touch too firm to be perfect. The fact that it comes wrapped in a bag is the most upsetting thing. It says to allow a couple days for the mattress to 'uncurl' which I did, but one end is still smushed and curled under even after a month out of the bag. The delivery always occurred on a drizzly evening and the men who delivered it dragged it along the ground, resulting in stains. Obviously not Overstock's fault, but upsetting none the less. It was delivered very quickly after placing my order though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I don't know how nice this is. The packaging was torn in the delivery process and the mattress was stained with mud and water etc....it was pretty gross. However Overstock customer service was great and took care of everything! I simply didn't want to try for another one....too much trouble. I had previously purchased another mattress on Overstock which worked out great but I don't think I'll do it again.
This is a really good mattress for the price. It's really comfortable and durable. The only issue is the packaging it arrives in. I had to get a replacement because it is rolled into a thin bag that doesn't really protect it during shipping, and, as a result the mattress was very easily damaged.
I was very surprised at the comfort of my new mattress. Because it was so inexpensive, I was really skeptical about the whole purchase, but it worked out well. It was delivered on the day they promised and when it arrived it looked like a huge jellyroll. It had many layers of protection so when unwrapped, it was nice and clean. It has no odor at all. We left it on the floor for 2 days to regain its shape and then we put it on the bed. It took about 2 minutes to fall asleep that night. I have used it ever since and it is still comfortable. It has developed a crease where my good sized bottom hits the mattress, but it's not noticeable when you are in the bed. This mattress is a good buy for when you are not looking for a "forever" mattress. So far so good. I would buy one again.
We purchased this mattress a couple of years ago for our daughter when we bought her a bigger bed. It has been a great mattress and she loves it. When we went to a larger bed for our son, we didn't hesitate to buy the same mattress. For the price, I don't think you'll find a better mattress. My wife and I have slept on our daughter's mattress and found it to be extremely comfortable. What's really cool is the way the mattress ships. It comes in a tight roll and you simply release it from the binding and let it expand. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mattress to a friend or family.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a mattress, irrelevant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality and very comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Stayed the weekend at a Marriott and was pleasantly surprised to discover the mattress I now have at home is better than their "hotel quality" one.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The mattress seems to be very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The sides really do seem to hold up better than previous mattresses I've had. Would have given the product five stars except the pillow top seems to be just regular foam, not "memory foam."