This is great little lamp for the application I had in mind -- wall-mounted, over my computer desk. I've broken a couple of lamps in the past, when they've gotten "bumped off" the desk (which is really busy). Also, since the lamp is wall-mounted and swing-arm, I can move it to where I need the light the most, then push it back against the wall, out of the way, when I don't need it. Packaging was OK; the box arrived with one crushed/torn corner, but the lamp and shade were pretty much alright despite that. There's a dent in the mounting base/plate that's visible in certain light, but it's not a big deal, so I didn't return the lamp due to that (but instead gave it 4 stars instead of 5). Also, directions aren't great (and the screws provided are pretty inadequate) but since I've gotten and mounted pin-up lamps before, providing my own screws and getting it up on the wall was not a huge issue. In addition to being a good addition to my "home office", this would make a good reading light if mounted above the head of the bed (have a similar lamp serving exactly that function). The cord cover (came with the lamp) is a nice touch; since it's a wall lamp, the cord cover provides a neater appearance than having the cord just hanging there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is "white", both on the site and in reality
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is decent (not fantastic)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Picture and description were good; could've used more emphasis on it being a pin-up lamp with a cord (not a hard-wired lamp)
The swing arm lamps were just what I needed for either side of the bed. They are perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just as described
In one way, this plain little lamp seems over priced but on the flip side, it was a lot less than most. It works well for me. I like the cord cover as well. Shade is kinda cheap-looking so I covered it with fabric strips. Now it's as cute as can be.
I was very disappointed in this wall lamp. The mounting plate doesn't have a notch at the bottom to allow for the electrical cord. I'm going to have to find someone who can cut the mounting plate's bottom edge to be flush with the wall. I haven't any idea who that would be, because it's metal! Also, the screws for the mounting plate are too big. I'm not about to ship the lamp back after taking everything out of the box and unwrapping all the screws. I would suggest that Overstock discontinue carrying this lamp until the Chinese can figure out how to make the mounting plate properly and include the correct size screws for it.
These lamps are perfect beside each side of my king-sized bed. Glad not to have lamps taking up space on my bedside tables. Great for reading in bed and easy to get out of the way when I am not reading. Also nice that they have a three-way switch for dimmer or brighter illumination as needed.
A bit light weight. but okey for the money. Shade was dented but popped out and not noticeable and was very surprised this happened because packaging look great at first. Purchased 2 for bed side. Bought because they are three way bulb, and bright enough for a larger room..
This is a beautiful wall lamp. The wall plate and arm are brilliant white and I am especially fond of the lampshade. It is very attractive and a pristine white, matching the wall plate exactly. Besides including a strip to place over the cord (but only one, about six inches long); the cord itself is silver, blending in the lamp. I quite liked that fact. The lamp shade isn't one of the tiny ones - it is the perfect size for a reading lamp, and the swivel arm is useful. There was a small mfg defect in the wall plate (didn't sit flush to the wall as it was slightly larger than the white mounting on one side), but my clever husband was able to correct the fault. No problems with delivery, it arrived in perfect condition with all the bits and pieces.
This Kenroy wall lamp was exactly as described but was missing the harp and all the hardware. Overstock customer service was responsive and offered to replace the lamp or compensate us for the missing parts. We replaced the missing parts at a hardware store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate - it is bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp is a good value at the Overstock price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
very easy to install, use it for my sewing room/office
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white, compared same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent