When I ordered the drapes I didn't realize the drapes were attached to the valances so had to return them. I did however, keep the single panel drapes and they look beautiful. My home is decorated in Tuscan design and these were perfect.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
These look okay on the windows, but there are a few things others should be aware of: 1) The fabric is really thin, so if you're looking for material that's got some body to it, these aren't for you. The rope trim on the valance part of the curtains seems to be sewn on too tightly--it pulls on the fabric of the curtain and is very hard to iron out so that it lays right. Also, there were numerous random threads all over the curtains that had to be clipped off--many more than one might expect. 2) This is a 3-piece set, not a 5-piece set. The curtains and valance are a single combination. I put up hardware before the curtains arrives, expecting I'd need 3 rods--one for sheers, another for the curtains and a third for the valance. I only needed two rods since the valance and curtains were a combo. 3) Although technically the description of the curtain size was accurate, I got the impression when ordering that the curtain width referred to was for each curtain panel. It isn't and when I hung them it became obvious that I needed to purchase another set for each window. When initially ordering I thought the curtains were a good buy, but after realizing I needed to order more, I feel the price per window was rather high. I could have gotten a similar product made of better fabric and possibly lined as well, for around the same price at J C Penney's. I chose not to take them all down, repackage them and mail them back simply because I'm getting new window treatments (and rugs) for the whole house and it was too much of a hassle. I would have gone to the trouble of doing that if the curtains' appearance was as cheap as the materials they were made of. So, bottom line, I would recommend them with the considerations above because they actually do look decent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual product color was richer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the greatest quality, but you can really only tell the fabric is very thin if you feel it. They don't appear cheap from a distance.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Sort of--description says they are a 5-piece set; howeverthe curtains and valance are all sewn together as a single piece.
You get what you pay for I guess. The material is thin and the stripe that looks brownish in the picture is not that shade at all. It is in the burgundy shade. Overall I'd say the curtains are OK. Not bad. They actually look on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acceptable
The look of the curtains on the windows is what I had hoped for. While the quality isn't as high as it could be, neither was the price so I'm happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Up close, the roping along the edge of the valence wasn't applied evenly but from a distance it doesn't matter much. Otherwise the quality is acceptable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good.
i dont know why these people are downing these curtains. they are in excellent shape and in good condition. no threads hanging either. looks like shiny satin. but not thin at all. the color is excellent. the color is what i expected and viewed on web page. i could not believe it when i opened the box..i have extra large oval window and it realy would have took just one to cover it but i put up 2 instead and looks really great..im in awe right now..i also have bay window to cover and i ordered 8 sets and nothing is wrong with them. so get off ur putting down items..maybe u just hard to please..these curtains are really nice for the price...cant beat that..i will be buying sheers to go inbetween them with overstock.com..
I am so pleased with these curtains. They are exactly as described. The colors are perfect for my living room window which took three sets. The material is a little on the thin side but no problem. I have roman shades with small thin beige and golden veritical stripes under the curtains and the colors all work so well together. Another great purchase from Overstock. Thank you...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Absolutely the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Material is a little thin
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This curtain ensemble has a nice appearance. I have not put them up yet, but I'm sure they will look very nice in my living room. It is always a good purchase when there is a complete window adornment in one package.. The valances are attached to panel making putting them up SO easy.. don't have to fool with multiple curtain rods to get them put up.
I was disappointed in the quality of the fabric. It is very thin and almost non existant in parts. I'm sure if I through them in my washing machine they will not be usable again. They are inexpensive so I got what I paid for. I usually do not write reviews but in this case to keep anyone from buying this and thinking they were getting what the picture looks like, I wanted to save you the time and hassle of dealing with returns. If thin is good for you and you don't mind because of the price then go for it. There is maroon color in the curtains that is not real noticeable in the picture just in case it matters to you.
What a stylish curtain! I've been looking for curtain panels & valances for my oversized windows. These were PERFECT! Coming as a set, I saved a lot of money! I needed 2 sets for each window but well worth the money! I'm very happy and have gotten tons of compliments! Kudos!
The best purchase I've made with overstock! Thanks!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
even though the description was off somewhat, I am still happy with how the curtains look hanging in my windows
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looked brown but was green, which also worked in my color scheme. So this was fine with me
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It states a 5 piece set, which I thought would be the valances, drapes and tiebacks. It is actually 4, as the valance is attached to each panel
I love the drapes..beautiful, but...I read someone's review from another store site saying that overstock's drapes matched exactly the comforter that they bought from the other place so I bought the drapes but the gold color of the drapes is more of a tannish color unlike the comforter but, they do have the same pattern, design & the other 2 colors of burgundy & green. I may end up keeping them though as my boyfriend thinks it's "close enough" (even though I can tell a definite difference).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the gold seems more tannish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
I bought these curtains to match a comforter set I purchased from Walmart. I was changing out the old comforter set with matching curtains that I paid a lot of money for and you certainly could tell the difference. Theses curtains were much thinner and let in a lot of light, but this bedroom is a spare bedroom so I was satisfied with the purchase. They do match perfectly with my comforter and I"m happy I didn't have to pay a fortune to get matching curtains. I would recommend them for lower cost solution.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The curtains matched the online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The curtains are a little thinner than I thought but for the price I'm very happy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The drapery "ensemble" was so cheap looking, I wouldn't have put them in my dog's dog house. I'm amazed that you actually sell something that is of such poor quality.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate....all the pieces were sewn together as opposed to being separate, as the package inferred