we've bought a few great items on overstock. i thought this lamp would be another good addition. it looked nice when it arrived and was easy to assemble. however, problems started a few weeks later-- first, the knob began to stick. if the lamp was on for more than 30 mins or so, the knob would refuse to turn (no clicks). so we just began plugging/unplugging it instead of using the on/off knob. we didn't use it much - not even once a day - so it wasn't too much of a hassle. a few months later, almost out of nowhere, the lamp became very unstable. it got so wobbly, actually, that one night i was sitting across the room, watching TV and the lamp (which was not on) just collapsed onto the floor. (it looked like it fainted!) we had to throw it into the dumpster. too bad. now on the hunt for a replacement...
These lamps were initially a great buy. They look beautiful, and added nice lighting. However, after about a year one started tilting and I could not get it to stand straight. I tried tightening the places where it screws together but it would not tighten. The other lamp (I bought 2) soon had the same problem. My husband wound up taking them apart and found the material in the base of both lamps had cracked and could not be fixed. He's very handy and used old barbell weights to fix them, but I was very surprised and disappointed by this defect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to Picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Base was not straight and shape wold not tighten without some adjustments
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok quality but could could be better build.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I love this lamp and could not believe how easy it was to put together. The only thing I would have to say is that it does not tell you the type of bulb you need to buy. It said 3 way 150 watts but didn't tell you it had to be one of the new energy bulbs. Had to go to the store twice before getting the right bulb.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the lamp is actually nicer than I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
LOVE this lamp.....Can't believe how cheaply priced it is for the quality! Easy to put together.....looks great in a room. Pottery Barn has a lamp that looks just like this for $199 !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I've looked at floor lamps all over town, and never found one this sturdy or stable anywhere! It's so solid. Very nice quality. Not a scratch on it, and the shade was in perfect condition, with a large cone protecting it from crushing in the carton. Another great find from Overstock! Arrived in 2 days! I'm impressed for December ordering! Thanks again!
lamp appears nice and sturdy but if moved around too much it split in half and now i have to pay somebody to repair it- I tried my best but it wont screw on it keeps rotating and then tipping over...very disappointed would not buy again or recommend
This lamp came packaged very well so I was quite surprised when I unpacked it and found it was scratched in numerous places and crooked when put together. It was packed so well that I ended up keeping the lamp because I couldn't begin to get it back in the box. I used a black sharpie to color in the scratches. I straightened it the best I could and stuck it in the corner with a plant in front to hide the crookedness. Very disappointed in this lamp.