We purchased this with the TropiShade umbrella (item # 14117999) and it doesn't fit! The pole is not wide enough to fit securely in the hole, therefore, our umbrella is constantly swaying back and forth. And forget about using the umbrella on a tilt. Since the base isn't secure it can't support the weight. The base itself looks nice and is very heavy. This is my first major disappointment ordering from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a very sturdy and strong stand. I am sure I will have many years of use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
A very heavy, durable stand at a great price! It is very nice looking too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes..though the picture makes it look black even though the description is bronze
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
very pleased with the base, nice and heavy. It holds my large Costco umbrella perfectly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more brown than anything
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this thing will last a lifetime
Excellent sturdy base that went well with the umbrella sold for it. The ONLY problem I had which was not mentioned in any of the description was that the tube for the umbrella stem is wider and didn't fit into the frame of the table! Had to bend the frame to get the tube in which is just fine now but it was a bit upsetting when I first got it. Measure the diameter of the umbrella but make sure to add perhaps another 1/2 inch for the tube that it fits in if there is any frame at the bottom of your table.
I was expecting this to be more substantial for the price. I had gotten a cast iron base a few years ago and it was much heavier and of better quality for about the same price. I should have read how heavy it was before I chose to order it. But I had bought two 9-foot umbrellas after having gotten an 11-foot one previously, so these umbrellas are lighter in weight so this will suffice. If you are looking for something to hold a larger umbrella, I suggest you keep looking.
.....when the base tube was attached to the base, it was not verticle... the threaded mounting in the base tube was off verticle far enough that the umbrella pole would not go thru the mounting hole in the table......otherwise it was a quality product. WE REQUEST REFUND ONLY.............
I purchased this stand to go with the tilt umbrella by the same maker and while I love how it looks, it's completely non-functional on even the slightest windy day IF you are using it as a standalone umbrella stand. If you are placing your umbrella through a hole in a middle of a table and need this stand for that purpose, I absolutely recommend it but if you're looking for a stand to just hold your umbrella up on its own (open or closed, doesn't matter), I would consider a more heavily weighted one. I unfortunately purchased it for the latter purpose and now my brand new umbrella is scratched up from constantly falling over :(