THe only problem we had with the installation of this faucet was that the end of the tub spout was cracked. I called Kensington, the manufacturer, for a replacement but after speaking to 2 people who could barely speak English I called Overstock, and Overstock said they would replace the spout. What EXCELLENT customer service at Overstock.com! The best thing about this faucet is that it included the valve. Other models, including one from Kohler, required separate purchase of a valve which could cost *** or more. Everything for the faucet was in the box except for 2 connectors. The finish is nice looking, and it works well. The one piece of advice I can give after reading previous reviews is to wash the faucet with soap and water only and not any kind of abrasive cleanser. This is emphasized in the installation instructions. 3 handle tub faucets are hard to find as they are found in older style bathrooms. I recommend this one.
These are not only very attractive but good quality metal was used in their manufacture. Everything is in the package for a professional installation. The spout is super shiny. You'll love em!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nothing cheap feeling here
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I needed a 3 handle faucet set and the guts (the valves and inner workings). I hated the like 2 options at the big box stores. I also didn't want to shell out tons of money, as buying something other than builder grade plastic handle would have been at least 300. This set is the happy medium. It is nicer than the builder grade crap, but not nearly as nice as a Toto, Kohler, etc. For the price, it is right on target, and it looks soooooo much better than builder grade 3 valve faucet sets. I had it installed in my guest bath, which does not get much use, as the original faucet was ancient and leaking. If I was looking for a main bath faucet, I would save my money and buying something more durable. For example, the tips on the handles can unscrew off easily. I wouldn't want it subject them to children's rough hands. For my purposes, it looks great, performs great, and cost was great. As an added plus, my plumber thought it was better than builder grade too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target
The trim (parts that are seen) is of good quality and appearence...the description of the VALVE ASSEMBLY was not given...had to purchase the product to find out if it was a solid piece or soldered unit...it was SOLDERED...contacted the company and they do not provide a solid assembly for this particular faucet set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good...all metal assembly...except the VALVE ASSEMBLY
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor
cost me time and money. No where on box or packaging was the pressure balance statement
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Was supposed to be a pressure balance unit and it isn't
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not
Product was what I expected. It arrived quickly. I have purchased other faucets from overstock and each one is an excellent product. I have compared prices and Overstock has the best for top quality faucets and fixtures.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality as all products I have purchased on Overstock
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
My husband has not installed the facuets yet but they look much more expensive than what we paid for them. Hopefully, all will go well with the install. I would recommend this product based on price and quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I purchased this shower faucet for our 1956 bathroom (with pink tile!) to replace the original fixture that only had a bathtub faucet. As old as the other faucet was, it still looked good and performed okay but needed the shower and wanted to bring the bathroom in to the 22nd century. This faucet looks really nice once it is installed and makes the bathroom look so much better. Very good quality. It did take a little time to install but that was probably due to the old plumbing and the installer (me). Overall I would definitely recommend this product; it has a great chrome shine that I hope will last for a long time.
I searched for weeks attemtping to find a reasonably priced tub/shower set. After reading reviews on Overstock finally decided on this one. Wow, this looks great installed! Actually looks much more expensive than what I paid. Can't comment on the acutal use yet as we are in the midst of a remodel. NOTE: For those wondering what a trim kit is....it is the actual faucet handles and shower head and sometimes spout, the external items you see. This is not just a trim kit, it includes the "guts" behind the shower wall also, but hey...for the price, you honestly cannot beat this. I love Overstock and shipping has been incredibly fast on all my orders!!