I ordered 3 of these for my garage storage needs. PERFECT! I assembled them by myself (66 yr old lady.) I was more than pleased with the results. My garage is organized, al last! The distance between shelves is adjustable, making it great for my different sizes of containers. The casters are very heavy duty, and that was a must have for me. I love organization, and these fit the bill. I love 'em!
Great rack for the yards, epoxy coated so it should not rust. But if you are close to the ocean with salty air, even stainless steel will rust. Easy to put together, can be done with one person but two will be much better and three is ideal . After the first shelf is installed, the others are a breeze. Just make sure you put the plastic spacers on the same position/groves/ on all posts, or it will be a real hassle to remove the shelf and redo it it again, worse, may damage the positioning slots mollded on the oinside of the spacer. They are fairly expensive to replace.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Very nice shelf with a coating for outdoor use. You have the choice of using the wheels or not which is very nice. You'll need two people to assemble...at least to get it started. Once the four poles are up and the bottom shelf is attached, it's quick and easy for one person to finish!! We have ours on the back patio and just LOVE it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY sturdy and well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The shelf actually looks smaller in the picture than it really is. It's nice a spacious with LOTS of storage space!
They came two days after notice they were shipped. That's very fast from CA to Northern MT by UPS. They were boxed nice enough though two bags holding some of the parts broke in two of the units all the parts were there. No damage to the shelves or the poles. Two of us went right to work putting these together and took us about 3 hours total if not less. We took a lunch break so lost track of exact time. They are heavy and we used a hand truck to take down into a 12 foot high basement where they will reside to hold junk from attic eventually. They are what we wanted. These are particularly great heavy duty units. Not your average cheaper ones. They are painted a soft grey/gray which fits nicely in the basement but honestly they could be black or green or red for all we care. We set them up all to have the same height for the shelves across all 5. I may buy more in the future but wanted to see how these 4 foot by 18 inch ones would fit. They don't tell you but there are inserts that allow you to split the two part 36 in pole in two so you can have two side by side units one on casters one on the floor with the provided feet and screw in inserts to do that. They also provide one extra set of plastic sleeves that hold the shelves in position to the poles. This means we have enough for an extra shelf as you need four per shelf. We've had some experience putting similar units together but this is at home and the other one was a specialized one set up with grow lights to start our garden plants. And they both are rated for outdoor use. We have a dry climate and basement up here in fact our floor is a raised wood floor they will roll around on in the basement so we didn't think twice about using there. But I wouldn't probably use this system in a wet or humid climate such as we have in the midwest. Lived there too...and watched a freezer we'd had over 30 years turn to rust within just 3 years in a midwest basement compared to MO and CO previous no rusting ever. But I have no reason to use outdoors and not sure why people would but perhaps you could make a silcone ring to go around the middle of the poles were they screw together. Overall this is extremely well made. Very sturdy once put together. Very happy with them and very strong shelves. No damage in shipping to any of it. Two of the boxes managed to get a minor hole but again nothing was lost in transit. Kudo's to the seller and Overstock both.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect a soft gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the price. Heavy duty strength.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect. When it says plastic sleeves that refers to the items that hold the shelf not a piece of plastic that sets on top of the shelf to prevent things from falling through.
I put this in my basement (one piece at a time- it is heavy) and I love it. It gave me a lot of organizing space, and if I ever want to move it, I can easily roll it . It is not the bright chrome color that I expected but, more of a dull finish. It was easy to assemble without help so that was a big plus for me, and I felt the price was fair. I am considering purchasing another one.
For the price, this 5 rack shelving unit is great. I did a Net price cross comparison & "O" had the best price. After all, it's a shelving unit . Works as you would expect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, no problems
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
These are great, easy to put together, sturdy. Just what I needed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
shelving was easy to assemble; but I had to have help(I'm only 5ft 3) getting the top shelf on.. I am using the shelf inside the house with the wheels on.. moves around easily, even with cases of water and sports drink on some shelves. Money well spent.