These are good stools - comfortable, look nice, easy to move. One thing we would have liked to have had are the exact, full measurements -- so here they are in case anyone else needs them: The seat is 11.5 inches wide and 17.5 inches long The bottom of the chair (where the legs meet the floor) is 13 inches by 19 inches As advertised, the stool is 29 inches high.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good - these look nice and are comfortable to sit on. We bought three sets of 2, and each one was short one of the screws, and one leg didn't have a drill hole where needed, but not a big deal, easy to address.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the measurements were not as helpful as they could be.
I bought these stools just over a year ago. When they arrived I was so excited! They were so beautiful and so easy to assemble. They lasted for about a month and then gradually they became looser and extremely wobbly. It came to a point where I had to tighten them almost every other day. Eventually after so much tightening the wood became stripped. My husband wood glued them and even used his air gun to put some additional nails into them. After all this they are still terrible. This is the cheapest quality piece of furniture that I have ever purchased!!! I am throwing them away because I don't even want to give these pieces of garbage to anyone else. If you are looking to buy some stools that look nice but that you aren't ever going to sit on then buy these. If you want beautiful stools that are functional then DO NOT BUY THESE!!! Pay a little extra money and buy yourself some stools that will actually be functional for what they are intended for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor! These are the cheapest quality products I have ever purchased!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
We are happy with these bar stools. They are a good value, which is great for our limited budget. They look great and were very easy to assemble. However, they are extremely light, which has its pros and cons: 1. They are easy to move around, which is nice. 2. They are easy to topple if pulled from the bottom, which is bad for our 1-year old. 3. If they do topple, they don't hurt our 1-year old (just scare him a little). 4. They are not easy to topple if you're moving them around (from an adult height). 5. Their lightness makes them seem cheap, but we're OK with that. Overall, we're happy with this purchase, and we hope they have some good longevity.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Decent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We purchased these stools for an outdoor kitchen area. They look very nice, BUT, are hardly sturdy enough for an adult. We have put them in the garage and refuse to allow anyone to use them. They feel as though they will wobble, break, and throw someone to the floor. Very, very poor construction.
Stools look very nice and appear as described, however the bench seat on one of them does not line up well at all with the legs when assembling. As a result, one bench seat is being held on by two bolts as opposed to four. I wouldn't exactly call that sturdy - luckily I am not a large person and don't have fear of the stool collapsing or else I would have returned them. As it is, doesn't seem worth the trouble to send them back, but I certainly wouldn't purchase this brand again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described/shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mediocre
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I was a little disappointed by these stools, they were hard to put together and nothing seemed to fit right. Then once they were finally together they just seemed cheaper than I would've liked. My 11 yr old son and I are the only ones who sit on them but anyone bigger and Id be nervous that they'd go down!!
These stools are nice looking, light in weight and complete the cozy loik of my small apartment. My only complaint is the height. 29inches is goid but my breakfast bar area needs at least 4 more inches. Oh well. Price was good so i can deal with height deficiency.
These chairs are inexpensive because the quality is very poor. Once assembled the stools are rickety and feel like they are going to break right underneath you. The wood is extremely soft and if you tighten the woods screws too tight, the head of the screw goes right through the wood. Unfortunately, after spending all of the time to assemble them I did not feel like going through the process to unassembled, re-pack and return them. Do yourself a favor and do not buy them in the first place - there is a reason you can get two for $.
After assembling these bar stools, I quickly realized they were not going to work. The chairs look very nice, but lack the structural integrity needed for moderate use. I weigh approximately 200 lbs. and observed both chairs would sway when I shifted my body weight. The manufacturer needs to re-evaluate the chair's design. A clear and obvious return item.
We have bought a lot of furniture on Overstock to furnish a vacation condo which we rent out. Most of it has been impressive in style and quality. Unfortunately these stools look nice, but are not functional. They simply are not built well enough to stand up to normal use. They began to wobble after the first few renters and now need to be replaced.
I purchased two of these stools for my counter kitchen bar, to match the Ethan pub table/stools set which I purchased separately. They all match well together. The stools are very comfortable and are sturdy enough for adult use, but I need to watch my smallest grandchild on them, as there is, of course, no back for support and I don't want her to fall off. Generally, I don't allow the small kids on them. Overall, the stools are great - I am glad I bought them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker than pictured on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, but not the best. Good value for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description of the product.
I would not recommend this product to anyone over 180 pounds. One began to wobble after a week. They're probably fine for children.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stools were very lite weight and weak.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was OK
It was my fault. I fell for the Ethan Home title. I thought these were Ethan Allen. They are not really anywhere near that level. The legs and bars are undersized and the connections are weak. I hope these last while I look for better ones. I would pass on these stools, if I were you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The stools were not nearly as sturdy as I hoped they would be.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine, but misleading
I needed a pair of stools that would fit underneath the countertop and these worked great because they're very narrow from front to back. They're easy to put together but I recommend using wood glue wherever there is a wooden dowel. It needs this for reinforcement and then you never should need to tighten any screws later on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They're good but not extremely sturdy - definitely good enough for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of the stools was very accurate