We purchased the table and 4 chairs and 2 additional chairs. Delivery was quick and courteous, and the delivery driver even opened the table carton for me because he said they had been having problems with damage. Mine was fine. One of the chairs had a tiny tear in the seat back, but it was right on the edge so we were able to repair it with some super glue and black marker rather than hassle with sending it back and waiting on a replacement. The size and style of the set are great in our morning room, and very comfortable. With the leaf, there is plenty of room for 6 to eat comfortably. I wish the leaf was butterfly so I didn't have to store it, but other than that I have no complaints. A previous reviewier mentioned that the table top wasn't very protected and I agree, so we are going to put a coat of satin polyurethane on it to help discourage scratches.
I absolutely LOVE these chairs! They are even more stylish than the picture shows. Excellent quality, very sturdy and super comfortable! After putting the chairs together, (take your time to read the instructions as some of the pictures were labeled incorrectly) I noticed a defect on the bottom of one of the legs that caused one of the chairs to wobble. I immediately contacted overstock customer service and was informed by email on a daily basis, the status of my replacement/refund. After a few back and forth emails and an actual phone call from customer service (Wow!), they resolved my issue in a very timely manner! I couldn't be happier with my beautiful chairs AND the wonderful customer service provided by Overstock! I would definitely recommend them!
I love this table. It was perfectly described. I love the detail in the inlay of the talbe top.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The quality of the wood is very good, but the chairs were chipped and dented. Fine, we have a toddler and two babies, so they probably would have messed them up a bit eventually anyway. But after assembling these chairs, both seats were wobbly. As if the screws used to secure the seats to the base (already pre-assembled prior to shipping) were not good or not long enough. Very very disappointing after reading such good reviews of this product. I expected better.
I bought 2 of these counter height chairs for my kitchen Island. The look and feel of these chairs is excellent and the height was perfect for our kitchen island (for us the space from leg (while sitting) to counter was similar to sitting comfortable at a dining room table-- we were'nt cramming in there. I'd premeasure your height if your not sure). When I first put them up to the counter I was nervous they would be too low but they were perfect and looked great. My only recommendation is to put non-scratch pads on the legs as to not scuff up wood floors. I liked these so much I just bought a second set. This is a great looking, great quality product for the price. I would highly recommend.
I picked up two sets of these (total of four chairs), and they shipped quickly. The chairs were well packaged with foam and styrofoam to protect the pieces from any shipping damage. I was able to put them together using a drill very quickly (I think I assembled all 4 in about an hour). The first chair wobbled, but then I realized I assembled it with the legs opposite the orientation in the manual. Once I switched them, the chair was stable. The seats have a slightly plastic feel to them, but they are easy to keep clean, and don't require any conditioner or other fussy care, which was exactly what I was looking for. The padding is adequate. The legs bottoms are sanded pretty flat with slightly rounded edges, though there are no pads on the bottom. I haven't had any problems with them scratching our wood floors, but I purchased little felt pads and applied those to the legs to be safe. Overall, they are good looking and functional chairs that seem quite durable.
These counter chairs are beautiful. Very well packed. Super easy to put together once your figure out the drawing... there isn't step by step instructions in words, just a few drawings to view. Overall, love the chairs. They are sturdy, well made, and look beautiful.
The chairs are beautiful. They look stylish and are heavy.seat measures are good enough for a big person; is more than I was expecting for. Perfect matching for our table.I'm very happy with this great
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was same as on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was on point
Very nice quality stools. Easily put together. Heavy and sturdy. Looks like I payed double.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy, well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
When I saw the price of these I was a little nervous that there was a catch but I took a chance anyway. There's no catch! These are beautiful and well-made. I bought two stools for my countertops and am so glad I did. I was looking at stools that were twice the price at local retailers and they were not made nearly as well. Shipping was fast and they were easy to assemble. I'm very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even richer in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and well-made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
I love the counter stools! They add class to my kitchen and match the finish on my new cabinets perfectly! I also purchased 4 dining chairs of the same style and all were very easy for a single woman to assemble!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, but I have no little kids!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
These chairs look great - very sophisticated. They are very comfortable as well. They were easy to put together, but it did take more than an hour for me to get them together - a lot of allen wrench screwing. They are built well and I did not have any problems with uneven legs or wobbliness. There was a small tear in one of the seats and I contacted overstock. They immediately sent a new seat without my having to send the damaged one back. Very pleased with the service. It was exceptional. They were shipped very quickly - much sooner than the date expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a little lighter in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description given.
This is a beautiful product. Very durable and easy to put together. when I originally received them in the mail one of the chairs had 2 left front legs and was missing the foot rest. So the drillings were incorrect for the right front leg. It was simply a packing error from the manufacturer. I notified overstock via email and my complaint was handled swiftly and accurately and they promptly shipped out the two parts I needed to complete the chair. I am very happy with the look and comfort of the chair and would recommend it for anyone....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a nicely constructed chair. It's comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I've had the table and chairs since August and just love them. With the other reviews I had my son a cabinet maker put an extra couple of coats on the table top - just to be sure! The chairs were a bit tricky to get settled/straight. The key is to put it together without tightening the screws until it is set on the floor. Wonderful quality and I get a lot of compliments on them. I did think the chairs were taller, but as it turns out - they are a better fit for all ages. My 87 year old mom enjoys playing cards - otherwise would be too high for her. Great deal! I love Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid and well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I can't say how much I love these. Although a bit of a pain to put together the price and quality of the merchandise was well worth it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
Ordered 4 of these chairs, and are very happy with them. Nice counter-height stools, and the wood finish and leather stitching details on the chair backs are beautiful. Assembly was fast (about 10 minutes each), and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the holes were drilled in the right spots (not always the case with DIY assembly furniture). 2 small issues, which are why I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5: 1) The darker wood finish is really pretty, but seems to be softer and easily scratchable (the darker finish makes the scratches and lighter wood underneath more visible). When I took out of the box, 2 of the chairs had fairly major knicks/dents in the back of the legs. Not a deal breaker for us; we have young kids and the chairs are going to undoubtedly get beat up from use. However, if you're not a fan of rusticly-lived-in look, these chairs might not be for you. 2) While the overall construction seems sturdy enough, the chair legs are a bit uneven, making it wobbly on our hardwoods. I'm planning on shimming the feet with furniture foot protectors anyway, which should hopefully fix the unevenness. Overall, great chairs at a really reasonable price.