First, let me say this is an absolutely gorgeous chandelier and looks like it cost 5 times more than I paid for it. Looks beautiful with or without the shades. I have a very formal dining room and it really made the whole room. I can't stop looking at it. That being said, I'd like to share information that may help the next person who buys it with the installation. One: The directions are absolutely useless. Nothing about installation at all and very sketchy assembly instructions. Two: This light does not come with the traditional mounting bracket that is normally used when installing a ceiling light. Instead it has a hook bracket. In short, you are supposed to screw a hook (not included) into the wiring box and hang the light from the hook and hook bracket, which is then hidden under the ceiling cap. No where in the directions does it tell you this is how you install it. It took about an hour to figure you were supposed to use a hook as we have never seen this type of installation in any of our existing light fixtures. Not being comfortable putting a metal hook in a wiring box, my husband went to Home Depot and purchased a traditional mounting bracket for $3.00. (Make sure you take the rod with you because it is a smaller diameter than a typical hanging fixture). The electrician at Home Depot said lights used to be installed with hooks back in the 50's and he was surprised they were still being manfactured this way. After installing a normal mounting bracket, installation was a breeze. Three: Make sure you use the correct size glass cups on the center post. One goes on the top and one on the bottom. There are two different size glass "cups" which we were unaware of. We thought they were all the same size. There are two large one's that go on the center post and 6 smaller ones that go on the lights. The directions did not state this and we wound up taking the chandelier down, undoing all the wiring and chain, to put the correct size cups on the post as we had put it together with the smaller cups on the post. Four: It took about one hour to assembly before installation, should have taken about a half hour to install but took us two because of insufficient instructions, then about another 1/2 hour to hang the additional crystals. Hint, take a damp rag and wipe the crystals before you install them. Saves you a lot of time later. Overall this is a STUNNING light fixture and only wish they had a smaller version for over my kitchen table. I would highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as pictured
Love Love Love it. Totally transformed my dining room. Fun and elegant ! Extremely well packaged and Easy to put together. Took time of course..... but not difficult.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Well Made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? In the description it stated it was an 8 light but picture shows 6 lights and it is in fact only 6 lights.
I am so happy with my chandelier. It is beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly what I expected.
I am very pleased with this fixture. It is quite elegant looking and our guests are always shocked at how little we paid for it. Although my husband didn't love the faux candle wax and one of the shades wont' sit straight it was definitely worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than expected for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We really loved the colors of the crystals in this light. It was nice that you could adjust the height of the lamp by removing links in the chain. You can use with the shades on or off and 2 types of light bulbs were provided to facilitate this. One was a candle type bulb, the other was a bulb that the shade fits on. We chose to use with the shades as the light is very bright without them. Very happy with this lamp. The one negative was the instructions were a bit lacking on what pieces went where and the pieces were not identified by a number or letter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Packed well, but some of the crystals were unhooked, but were easy to re-attach
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was pretty accurate.
I love this chandelier and have received numerous compliments on it. The one drawback for us was that the chain and cord need to be about a foot longer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The chandelier I ordered on the web matched excatly what I saw and received from the shades to the crystals.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was on the mark. What you see and read about this lighting is exactly what you get!
Ours came fairly well packed, a few loose crystals, but absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS. From other reviews I read, that seems to be a common occurrence. I put it together using a color picture I printed off of the website, and an enlarged view on the screen of my notebook computer. It seems to me that a pdf of the instructions, right on the website, would not be so hard to accomplish. Like others, I also needed to buy a new bracket to hang it from the ceiling junction box. This light comes with 1/4" threads, instead of the more common 1/2". You can get the bracket at Home Depot, (with a threaded reducer included) to do both sizes. The two wires from the lamp, say how important proper polarity is, but are not clearly marked for polarity. Both wires are silver, and there are no ridges to indicate the ground side. I only found VERY faint lettering indicating the ground wire side to hook up to the neutral (white wire) coming from your power supply. I marked it with some masking tape, after identifying which one it was. I put it up myself from an 8' ladder, but I would highly recommend having an assistant. Another tip for those without instructions. There are large slotted washers which are (for some strange reason) inside the bag of boxed light bulbs. The washers are used for installing the 6 (ash tray looking) glass bowls at the base of the candle lights. You do NOT unscrew the shaft of the candle lights at either the top or bottom to get the glass bowls to the base of the candles, the hole in the glass is just large enough to slide them down over the black shaft and large flexible washer, before you put the simulated candle sleeve over the shaft, and then screw in your light bulbs. My wife decided to go without the shades, using the frosted curled tip bulbs included. That was when I discovered the darned slotted washers, inside the bag of boxed bulbs.
Very glad we purchased this chandelier as soon as it was back in stock. It adds so much to the dining room and the price was very reasonable. Saw similar styles for twice the price! Was packaged well and my husband put it together and hung it in under 2 hours. Thanks Overstock for emailing when this item was available.
I had watched this Chandelier for 2 years and I finally purchased it this year and it is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had it installed in my dining room and it matches the décor of my room very well and the price vs beauty is unbelievable.....