The look is terrific as it follows the original Noguchi design, but the quality was poor. The base is of poor quality and not strong enough to hold in a steady way the massive glass top. Therefore, the table feels unsafe.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the base was poor quality so it could not hold in a steady way the glass top
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
After ordering the table I realized the base is made from a plastic material. I tried to cancel the order but it was too late. I spoke to customer service and was able to arrange the return pretty easily. Customer service was very helpful!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The base is plastic
I order this table few days ago and was looking forward to keep in living room, but when it came it was not sturdy at all I guess the design of this table in not well though. The glass top was wobbly and the legs started cracking when I tried to adjust them. I returned the product immidiatly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
The table looks great, but the stand is a bit wobbly, though it appears quite stable in the picture. The glass also tends to slide around and could accidentally fall on someone's foot causing an injury or a lot of pain. I was unable to find anything in the package to prevent the glass from sliding around. If those 2 issues are fixed, I think it makes a GREAT conversation piece! And for the RIGHT REASONS!
The problem with this table is that the basic design is flawed, in that the support for the glass is two wooden (or composite) pieces connected on an axis. This axis causes the whole thing to sway if pushed. So, when you clean the table, you have to stop it from swing back and forth. And you definitely can't be standing on, or leaning on, or using for support, this table. All that said, the design looks great and it works fine for me and my lifestyle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I purchased the black model, and it was as advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, the table is of good quality. Glass is about 2/3 to 3/4 of an inch and high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Relatively accurate.
I searched long and hard for the most inexpensive Noguchi replica table and Overstock beat everyone else on price. I read every review here and I noticed quite a few customers complained about the wobbly base. This complaint surfaced repeatedly. However, one reviewer mentioned that they had solved the problem by gluing the two bases pieces with PL construction adhesive. So I marched down to the nearest hardware store and for $3 I bought some of this stuff. When the table arrived, I used it on the two base pieces. I waited for it to dry... and voila! The table is sturdy and beautiful! Other reviewers mentioned the supposedly "cheap plastic" base. Nonsense! Only the most nit picky person would even notice it's not real wood. Highly recommended!!!
The table looks great. the base was a little wobbly, so I purchased some PL construction adhesive and glued the two seperate parts of the base together with the pin inside, placed the base in the finished position and put the glass back on top for weight. Perfect, I now have a very stable base and a great coffee table. All my friends love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a nice looking table and the quality is good. I would not buy a similar piece of furniture for shipping through UPS again, because the amount of packaging required to prevent breakage on something like this is just crazy. But the table serves it's purpose and looks nice. It's larger than I imagined and I wish I had pulled out a measuring tape to judge the size before buying.
This table is lovely to look at and functions perfectly well as a coffee table. If you are looking for the quality of an original mid century modern Noguchi table than you are going to be disappointed. This is not that that is and for the price that is not what you should be expecting.
I've been wanting a large coffee table for my small living room for a long time. I love sitting on the floor and working on projects with a glass of wine. The glass top gives me the surface area I need to spreadout my projects without overcrowding my small space. It's a bit wobbly but I figure that's because it's sitting on a 100 year old uneven hardwood floor. A couple of furniture pads or a rug underneath should solve it.