The lamp is made from good quality metal and has a really cool shade. The shade glows like amber when the light is on. The base looks a little Flinstonish on the bottom but it looks cool in my mountain cabin. It's a good height to use as a reading light next to the couch.
I have looked at this lamp at another retail sporting store and wanted to buy it but not only was it way more expensive but by the time I paid for the lamp plus shipping and they wanted extra money for extra weight plus tax it would have cost me twice as much as I paid for it here. I saved a lot of money as always buying on the Big O. The lamp is perfect in my lake cabin. It is a very heavy lamp and with the cost of gasoline these days free shipping was a blessing. Thanks Overstock.com
We think of this lamp as something fun to look at. Fortunately it sits in our cabin next to a large stone fireplace - anywhere else it would be more than 'kitsch'
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's a tad gawdy in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far works well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I'd add that is a bit kitsch
This is my second purchase of the same light (cheaper here than anywhere, by the way). My mom saw it and had to have it for Christmas. The box is heavy, and other reviewers have mentioned that it arrived with damage. Neither of the two I have ordered did. We have it in a sort of baroque, funky bedroom nestled in plants for a jungle look--it's great. But it is not a traditional look--there is nothing like it! The shade is actually made of twigs--quite wonderful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. extraordinary, heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It's not a three way light. We put a 100 w equivalent fluorescent in it and it is very bright.
Cute lamp for a cozy woodsy feeling addition to any room. A but wobbly but stands up if you arrange it correctly
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Everything I expected, except for one major design flaw. After a very easy assembly and placing the lamp on a carpet floor, it was so top heavy it would not stay vertical. The base is too small. Just the slightest touch to the lamp resulted in the lamp falling over. Not a good option when grandchildren visit. I will be returning the lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
I went against my better judgement and bought this, even after reading the reviews, hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones, I wasn't. First let me say there is ample packaging around this lamp, so to have the kinds of breaks that it has, makes me think it was packaged this way.... The lamp post was broke clean off in one spot...and when I put it together to glue, it didn't even come together correctly...and the extra pieces were not in the box....so where did this happen??? The plastic piece that you screw the lamp shade and light bulb into was broke halfway around. It still held, but no reason it should have been broke. Also where the lamp shade / light fit into the top of the post, is broke, or sloppy... The lamp shade swings like it's on a rope, not a good look, ok if you don't hit it or move it. I bought this for a new Lake House, and didn't open it till now, hoping it would handle the move better if I left it in it's original packaging. I wont be sending it back. But VERY disappointed in how much I paid for this....and the broken crap I got. IF it hadn't been broken...I would have been happy with it for sure. It looks super cute in my Lake House.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as discribed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? .This is NOT a three-way light.
The lamp post is very fat and is plastic looking. It was very fake looking. Not what I had hoped for. It also arrived broken which may have been the shippers fault. I sent it back, but probably would not have kepr it anyway. I received my credit promptly
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. PLASTIC
The lamp arrived with significant spots where the paint was missing. I had to buy some touch-up paint to fix it. I can't make the lamp run a 3 way bulb though that was part of the description. Some of the twigs of the shade were loose, so I had to glue them. I've decided that I don't like the shade and will be replacing it with something less flamboyant.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, the color was accurate.
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No, the lamp was not built for a 3-way bulb.