I bought this to light up my work space when I am beading. It is brigtht in the area I am working. It shows the true colors and makes the beading much easier. It is like a spot light. It doens't really light up a room, but lights up a space to work in. It also helps create light when I am taking pictures. Good reading lamp and task lamp. My family moves it from room to room because they like it for reading. I have to go fetch it when I am beading. It is pretty portable and hasn't broken despite the frequent moves. I have had it 14 months and have not had to replace the bulb so far. It is used most days of the week for hours at a time.
This was a replacement for my 90 year old dad...his last one was over 10 years old and he loved it. He loves reading and crossword/jumble puzzles. He was very happy when the exact same model showed up. Plus he already had a replacement bulb from his old one!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described on web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality...easy assembly, no tools required
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described on web site
I got this lamp for my family room to replace the one that was there. It gave off a very bad glare.even into the dining room. There is now no glare anywhere & very satisfactory light.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I absolutely love this lamp! It had very little assembly and took me only a few minutes to put together. It's design lets me put it in a cramped corner of my bedroom without any problems. The ceiling slants and most lamps look odd there but not this one. It is beautifully constructed. I am seriously thinking about purchasing another.
I bought the lamp for my mother who suffers from macular degeneration and who needs concentrated light to help her see. The lamp has thrilled her. I bought it in hopes it would help her read, but she prefers to use it in her kitchen where she can focus the light on what she is doing. It has allowed her to resume cooking, something she has always enjoyed.The design is compact and can be easily transferred to where she wants to work. The light is strong, but does not glare. It is heavy enough so that it is stable. Others have complained about putting it together, but my husband had ours together in five minutes. I am thinking about getting another for her to use in her living room.
I am pleased with this lamp overall. The clarity of colors while doing handwork using this lamp is great. The only thing I would change would be the flexing of the neck of the lamp to reposition the range of light and make it reach farther. As it is now, I place the lamp behind my chair instead of at the side which I have done with previous lamps. A great price for a great lamp.
Fast shipping! Easy assembly, less than 5 minutes. Base is heavy to prevent tipping over. Not beautiful but very functional lamp. Great as a reading or craft light. But, I too, would like to know where to buy, or order, replacement bulbs. That info should have been included.
For anyone who wants a 'daylight' lamp - without paying the hyper-inflated 'Ott-light" prices - this is a great deal. Really - the only difference is the brand name. I tend to sew late at night and my eyes get tired quickly - especially when working with dark fabrics. So I bought two lamps - one for my sewing area, and the other for my cutting table. You just can't go wrong with these lamps. Your eyes (especially if they are older) will thank you! They were very easy to put together.
Great product for the price..as good as ones I've had at twice the $$..Easy to assemble & excellent lighting for reading.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lamp is more cream shaded & better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No complaints whatsoever
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
Easily assembled with great lumens. The 27 watt bulb really lights up the area and provides plenty of light for reading.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This is a nice task lamp with a soft fluorescent light. I like the flexibility of the lamp and the softness of the light. But, the fluorescent bulb gives me headaches. This is NOT a light therapy lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? everything but the "sunlight" portion was accurate
Electrically OK, mechanically poor design- or not designed, just assembled from available parts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. must be assembled is a specific order or wiring gets ripped. Joining threads too fine, can't be locked in place, and easily stripped. Then lamp can fall apart.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate but not complete.
This lamp has great natural- like light. I use it for reading , puzzles and board games. .I can adjust is so that it does not put a glare behind my contacts. Both a tall person and a short person with a 12" difference in height uses it successfully
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a very nice lamp. I use it as a reading lamp. In the dark Minnesota winters, when it's turned on the whole room looks sunny and warm. Easy to adjust the lamp's position and focus, and I like where the rocker switch is placed. My daughter was so impressed with it that she bought one too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better quality than the price I paid for it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought this light to illuminate my dark office at work, which is slighlty larger than your average walk in closet w/o windows. Unfortunately, this lamp is not bright enought to do so without keeping the overhead lights on (which is what I am trying NOT to do). I will likely be returning it. Seems like a better lamp for crafts or something when you need additional light other than the main light source.
The bulb for the lamp arrived broken. It was easy and convenient to get another shipped to me. But that bulb also arrived broken. So, I gave up! But the lamp is beautiful! Also a very good price, I checked a lot of places and O was the best!