The look online is wonderful and it is more blue than purple, which I wanted. But the one I received is a lot smaller than stated, 7 inches high and about 11 inches wide. No matter how it is mounted you see the light bulb. I wanted it half way up the wall behind a couch and all I see now is the bulb not the wonderfull stained glass. I will next try an appliance bulb.
I read all the reviews carefully before purchasing a pair of these Tiffany stained glass sconces. Some reviews said the central flowers were more cobalt blue than purple. Either color would have been fine with me...but mine arrived with milky lavender as the central color and lovely pastel hues of peach, cream and ivory in the rest of the sconce. It is different from the photo in overall tone and actually quite lovely. One section of a green leaf arrived broken in my first order. Overstock immediately resent the order and has given me free shipping back for the unbroken one of the original pair...while allowing me to keep the damaged unit gratis to allow me to try to replace the broken leaf. That's what I call service!
We bought 7 of these to put in the foyer and hallways to match. Fits a standard 40 watt bulb, 60 or 100 would fit, but are too tall for the sconce and you can see the bulb. If you put the lights up high, not a problem. We replaced existing candle lights so they are at eye level. Still 40 watt or equivalent lights up the room to see, not bright enough for reading, but they are wall sconces. Beautiful to look at, made with real glass.
two other Tiffany lamps are in the area. this fits in perfectly
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors are brilliant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Got just what i expected
We bought this sconce to go over our bed. My fiance is very happy with it. I am happy with it too. When it's the only light on in the room it's dazzling, and the price was terrific. I like the shape of it as well. I only wish the colors had matched the site's photo more. As I mentioned before, I was excited that the purple would be more cobalt looking, but I wasn't expecting the change in the other colors as well. And at least on mine, the purple color is still obviously purple. It's a bit bluish maybe, but it's still purple.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all. I had heard the purple would be more of a cobalt blue, and that was fine with me. What I didn't see coming was that the side vines were bright pink rather than beige. I'm not really a pink fan, but the sconce is still beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product arrived safely with no damage. It was easy to put up and is a lovely light piece.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The shape of the product is wider in person than on the site's image. In addition, the colors are off. The greens are also more blueish, giving the color scheme an entirely different feel.
This is a pretty light, however it didn't have the back plate to adhere to the wall. I'd bought two of them, and ended up returning them both.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent quality, but did not have back plate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I have this lamp in my entrance way. I am happy with my purchase. I also have to say customer service was very helpful when my first lamp came damaged. They were easy to reach and I was able to send the broken one back for a new one at no cost to me.
This is a beautiful sconce. I bought 3 for a bathroom that has a purple/green color scheme because the photo shows great lavendar and purple colors. However, all the purple is actually cobalt blue. It is a beautiful cobalt, but not at all like the purple in the photo. I also didn;t realize how large it was (my fault entirely) and they were alittle large for the bathroom. Always check dimensions!
THESE WERE INSTALLED IN A HALLWAY WITH LIGHT GREEN PAINT BACKGROUND AND WE LOVE THEM. NO INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED IN THE BOX WHICH MADE INSTALLATION A BIT CHALLENGING. NOT SURE HOW EASY IT WILL BE TO CHANGE LIGHTBULBS. THE COLORS AND FLOWERS ARE LOVELY. OVERALL VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS PRODUCT.
I purchased a pair of these for above our fireplace mantel and when they were installed, we found that the rods (which snap on to the wall mount) are off by 1 inch making them very off balance. What a disappointment. The color is very good when lighted but the crookedness offsets the effect.
MADE IN CHINA quality ! As all of us knew nothing MADE IN CHINA is good thing.Cheap product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? 90%
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. MADE IN CHINA quality !
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK