I was looking for a Tiffany-style table lamp to sit on tall chest of drawers, so I didn't want the lamp to be very tall. We'd just repainted our bedroom a deep gray, and it looked like this lamp would be perfect - not overpowering, but a nice addition to the room, with neutral colors that blended with our decor. I was concerned because some of the reviews indicated that the shade was plastic, not glass, and other reviews said the base was cheap. I totally disagree. The base is solid and looks like a reproduction of a Tiffany base. The shade is glass. The colors are exactly as pictured. I had looked for a lamp like this in lighting stores, and the lamps were far more expensive than this. Once again, I am extremely happy with my Overstock purchase!
The shade is beautiful and is very close to the picture. I wanted a white shade and this is perfect. The base is nice also but I had a lamp with the pull chain so I only used the shade.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I am very satisfied with the quality and design of this Tiffany-style White Jewels Table Lamp. It is the perfect accent lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I had a lamp like this that I was trying to match, and the shade matches exactly as the picture presented and it works perfectly with my other lamp.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the workmanship and quality is excelent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the lamp was exact for the product.
I love the ambience of this lamp. It casts off shimmers on the wall behind it. It is very pretty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid lamp - the switch is on the cord.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Some of the other reviews say this lamp has a plastic shade, NOT SO!!!!! The weight of it alone tells ya it's glass. The base is also metal NOT PLASTIC, is it bronze not silver like others say. It looks just like the picture, a very nice lamp. One thing manufacture could have done is use a taller harp, the part the shade sets on, because it' a little hard getting the light bulb in especially if your using the new style light bulbs like we are. You must remove the shade and the harp do put the bulb in. That's the only draw back, if ya want to count that as a draw back. How often do ya change the new bulbs? In 5 years I have only changed 1, anyway, It does throw off enough light and looks very handsome in our early American living room ya can't read by it but it wasn't bought for that purpose. My wife was ecstatic when she opened it X-Mas morning and I scored more points!! YEA ME.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
Beautiful lamp! Shade is actually more of a bright white, not an off white like I expected but I actually like it better this way. Cacachon gems gorgeous with the light on or off. We purchased this for our guest bedroom, looks lovely with the light wood furniture and quilt bedding. The color of the shade will work great with any palette. Shade looks metal but is actually a resin like material with many pretty details. Packed well for safe shipment and arrived quickly. My highest recommendation!
FROM A DISTANCE, the shade of this table lamp looks nice. But the base is something else. Close up, it all looks cheap. The "glass" appears to be plastic-- it feels and sounds like plastic when clicked with a piece of metal. It's hard to believe this is as deeply discounted as the ad states. Despite the negatives, it will be acceptable on the out-of-the-way table I purchased it for. I've touched up the unattractive silver-colored base by sponging it with flat black paint to tone it down, and it looks much better that way.