I had bought 1 back in '09 to hang over my kitchen island. I recently decided to add a 2nd one . However, the new one was slightly larger than the older one and better shaped so I ended up buying an additional unit. Looks great even when not lit.
Loved these lights when we first say saw them on Overstock and thought the price was excellent compared to other online lighting retailers. Almost sent them back once we received them because the color was so different from what we expected from the picture. I thought they would be a warm neutral with hints of brown and rust, but they are actually very purple in hue when not illuminated. We took a chance and installed them (WARNING: there are NO installation instructions included, so if you're not handy or have never put up pendant lighting before, you may want to seek out some help) and are so happy we did! They don't appear as pink when lit up, and their fishscale pattern and plum color provide a nice contrast to the brick accents in our house. The shades themselves are high quality and I love the tiny bronze label inside. Very striking and better than anything we found at Big Box, but they are not the same color as the picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is much pinker/.more purple than the picture shows
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality with nice touches
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
This Tiffany pendant is a nice addition to our country home. The quality is excellent and the value was great. I would certainly recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close to actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate. Actual item is quite dark when not lit.
I ended up returning these lights because one was slanted and would not straighten out. The color of the stained glass was more purplish in color. When they were lit they have a warm brownish color to them. I did not like the look or color when the light was off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is not what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was decent. Well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I would say about 90% accurate.
I ordered two of these to go in our redone kitchen for over the island. They are perfect and we have received many compliments. The come with several sections of rod to hang them so you are able to adjust the height. The price was very good for these lamps, they seem to be well crafted and the colors are warm. and beautiful. Another nice thing is that they are different then anything I saw in our local stores.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After seeing a tiffany pendant light over a friend's kitchen sink, I decided to look on Overstock as I do many of my household items. Fortunately, I immediately found the fishscale pendant light that richly adorned my kitchen. The colors enhanced the color of my cherry cabinets nicely. I always check on Overstock before going to my home improvement store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Rather accurate
The lights were very well packed and arrived in perfect condition. We have just done a total remodel of our kitchen, den and dining room and the lights fit perfectly over our island and kitchen sink. We purchased the fourth light for over the kitchen sink after hanging the first 3 and have had many of positive comments on how beautiful they look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The lights looked very burgundy-colored in the box, but when hung and turned on, are amber and just what I needed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lights are very well made and perfect for over our new kitchen island.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? They look exactly like the picture on the website.
I've always loved the Tiffany style lighting, but could not afford the price, until I spotted this on Overstock.com. I ordered one for over my kitchen sink. When it arrived it was well packed and came with extension poles for a longer drop, if needed. The light is solid, well made and as pictured, beautiful! I immediately ordered three more to hang over my new kitchen island. I've continued to look at kitchen lighting and have not seen any that compare to this pendant...and you can't beat the price for a Tiffany style light. The shade is dark with the light off, and casts a lovely amber glow when the light is on. 60 watt bulb (or less) required.
This light came EXTREMELY well-packed! Very impressive, no worries about a glass fixture breaking on the way! The light is exactly as described, (so there are no more chain links included with the light than you see in the picture! you can't hang the light lower....) We borrowed links from another fixture to adjust the height. Very classy looking pendant. The colors are soft and natural, it really glows after dark.
I ordered three of these for my new kitchen which is mission style. They are absolutely beautiful. The color is spectacular and will match well with my oil rubbed bronze handles/pulls and faucets (also ordered from Overstock). If you want that soft yet colorful look order these today. Thanks again Overstock.