Overall, pleased with the product. it had a small dent in the top metal part, but we didn't have time to pursue sending it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Small dent in the top metal.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
this floor lamp does NOT live up to expectations. for the price I was really hoping this lamp would work out as a main accent in the room. when it arrived I noticed that the shade was covered in some sort of oil or coating. the shade is not glass, and the metal work is fake, not a plastic, but not copper as in used in a real Tiffany lamp. I assume that the oil, or whatever it is, was used to treat the metal. there is no way to avoid getting this oil all over the panels. but the end of the assemblage I had smudgy fingerprints all over the shade. the look of the lamp was exactly what I was looking for, so I tried to salvage it by cleaning the shade, but it was apparent after the second wash that there was going to be no way to keep the oil from spreading. I worried about dust settling and trying to clean the shade in the future, so I sent it back. it's only positive feature is that the construction is pretty solid, and the look of it is pretty, but I would not recommend.
I love this lamp from afar, but there are too many details up close that annoy me... and I allow these to annoy me because of the price I paid. For example, the stand screws together and the seam looks tacky and cheap. Also, although the glass shade looks great, "metal" details are already coming off and chipping. I was in desperate need of a lamp, or I probably would have complained about this and sent it back. I do expect more from a lamp of this price range. Also, when I received the pieces, the shade was covered in some type of disgusting oil that got all over my hands, which kept me worried that I would drop and break the shade. Also, this oil caused a ton of the styrofoam packing particles to stick to it. I would round this review out with a solid... MEH.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? So-so
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I've been looking for a long time for the perfect lamp for my front room - and for the most part this is it. I like the double switches so we can choose level of light and the base is very sturdy. Only thing I don't like is the lamp shade is very short in length so if you are standing you can't see the bulbs themselves, but when you are sitting on the couch across from it or standing outside the house you can see the light bulbs. It wasn't enough for me to return it, but I probably wouldn't have purchased it if I had seen it in a store and realized how much you can see the bulbs.
I have been looking for a floor lamp and two table lamps that match. I saw these and fell in love with them. I wanted them in the front living area but we spend much of our time in the T.V. room and I wouldn't be able to see and enjoy them as much. So they are in our T.V. room and enjoy them so much we are shopping for more for the front living area! They arrived within the week and shipping was so carefully packed and easy to put together. I would recommend to get the warranty plan of two years. It is made of glass and who knows if an accident happens. You would want to take care of your beautifully made Tiffany lamps!
I just threw my glass top in the dumpster--2 things as I review the reviews- the oily substance was an issue for me as well---after a year, it begins to smell like urine, likely from the heat of the bulbs. As to the 'small dent' on the top metal (where you screw on the top piece)--that was the beginning of the end for my lamp.. It has always been a tad wobbly and again, I think due to the heat, it warped more and while gently dusting it, it literally fell off and shattered. Im keeping the base on hopes I can find another tiffanystyle shade, but today I had to buy a new floor lamp. I had it abt a year and a half. And yes, when you sit near the lamp, you can see the bulbs--
Other reviews complained about the "oil" on the shade and some even stated it wasn't glass. I didn't even need to wipe my shade, no oil on it and the shade is most definitely glass! If you are considering buying this lamp, it is a good deal for a tiffany style floor lamp! I am very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfedt! Matched my table lamp that I had purchased years ago!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, the quality is great! Nice heavy base and large lamp shade.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description of product.
This makes 4 lamps that I have in this style and all came from Overstock. I am very happy with this lamp and it fits perfectly in the space that I have placed it in. I love these lamps and will probably purchase more in the future.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
These lamps were very pretty and good quality. Reasonably priced. They are not expensive stained glass tiffany lamps but they are beautiful .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as shown on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I am very pleased with this floor lamp. I was concerned about breakage during shipment, but the lamp shade is very well packed in Styrofoam and everything survived shipment intact. Some assembly is required, but it is not difficult to put together and the end result is a very sturdy and attractive floor lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality materials
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Well described in the ad
I have had this lamp for over a year and still love it - it is a great product at an excellent price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We wanted to have austere,subtle lighting in our new living room. We bought thisone and two of the Tiffan Style table lamps. Our living room has become transformed! with this lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceelnt quality. This looks much more expensive. The construction is not slapped together & the glass looks very vintage.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was well accurate and descriptive.
We had a lamp almost like this one. But the shade got broke. I tried to find a shade like it or one something like it & couldn't. I found this lamp on overstock. I started not to buy it because some one said the on/off switch was on the cord at the bottom. I thought that I would just use the shade. But the switch is not on the cord. It has two pull chains, one for each bulb. Very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
This is a really beautiful lamp and well worth the price. It was EXTREMELY easy to assemble -- self-explanatory, really -- and took all of five minutes to set up. Unfortunately, the glass shade arrived cracked in several places, despite being packed in layers of thick styrofoam. I called Overstock customer service, and they were very nice and agreed to send me a replacement lamp shade at no cost. Assuming the replacement shade arrives intact, I would recommend this item to anyone.
Ordered the matching set of lamps (floor and the regular table top version) both are lovely. Well worth the price, arrived packaged savely, does require some 'putting together'.. although minor effort. Great quality, nice color on lamp.
The lamp was easy to put together and works for us. However, the bulb placement could have been done better, as there is glare from the bulbs even when you sit several feet away from the lamp. I am impressed by the weight of the stand. The oil was not a surprise, since others mentioned it, but somewhat of a chore to remove.
This is a really beautiful lamp; it was well-packed and easy to assemble. It is pretty heavy, so you don't have to worry about it tipping over; gives off a nice light for reading or as background lighting. For those who apparently do not know, it is NOT plastic, it is a type of art glass. I have purchased a few Tiffany-style art glass lamps from Overstock, and have never been disappointed in their quality, and the prices cannot be matched.
This lamp was easy to assemble and looks just like the picture, very nice. I'm not sure if the shade is really glass or not, but don't mind either way. Our problem is that the shade was packed in flimsy styrofoam that came apart when we unpacked it and discovered that part of the shade was broken. It would have been impossible to re-use the packing material and just too much trouble to return. So, we turned that side of the shade to the wall and it's fine. I think for this larger item, the packing materials needed to be better.
I recently purchased the Tiffany floor lamp and the matching table lamp. I love them. They fit very well with my cherry bedroom set. The picture was so very true to the product. They are very elegant for the price. I have looked in stores for months but found nothing at this price. They were shipped fast. Once again Overstock came through!