I just got this lamp and to put it mildly, I am very dissapointed. It is not close to the color of the one in the picture and it is scratched alot of places. The shade is slightly bendable when you lift it, and I am not sure that is really glass in the shade. I am sending it back but I am angry about the cost of the shipping because I didn't get what was shown on the picture on the site.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!! ALL OF THE FLOWERS ARE RED AND THE OTHER COLORS AREN'T EVEN CLOSE!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible!!!! It has scratches that are very noticible on the medal on the top, and the base is covered with some kind of dark finish that is chipped and scratched. The shade is almost rubber-like.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Although the lamp has the shape of the one in the picture that is where the similarity ends.
I like the picture of this lamp on line. The coloration on line is beautiful. There is too much red in the actual lamp. I did not return it because i can't be bothered. The coloration of the actual lamp is very different from what is shown on the website. I do expect some difference but the difference in color in the instance is great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The coloration was way off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate
This lamp is beautiful. The lamp color and shade style differ from the picture and I was very disappointed when I opened the lamp. There are 6 individual shaped panels in pinks/lavenders/blues with deep orange flowers. However, I unpacked it anyway and set it up and it is very pretty, so I will keep it. The shade has a smell of resin, but when the light shines through the glass it is beautiful. There are two pull chains and aso an inline switch. I appreciate the art nouveau style of the base and feel as if this a good value.
Wow, what a showstopper! This lamp is beautiful, as well as functional. A very nice quality piece. It is much larger than it appears in photo, so please take the time to read the size dimensions very carefully. It is absolutely perfect for your living room, which is where I have mine. This lamp is worth every penny spent for it and then some! It is gorgeous. The color is color as presented. It should be pointed out that the roses are a true red, and the photo depiction is with the lamp lit so it mutes the red somewhat to appear more orange, but THAT IS EXACTLY HOW THE LAMP COLORATION IS WHEN LIT. Anyway, it is a beautiful lamp, red roses and all, and a complete steal in my opinion. Incidentally, do some comparison shopping and you will see that you will be hard-pressed to find something that compares with this price and quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I was looking for a pair of lamps for my living room. I read the reviews first, and then purchased 2 of these lamps. They are beautiful colors! The light is dimmer than I like, which was expected. I keep one bright lamp in the room if I need extra light at times. I was glad the bases are darker than pictured, as they match the glass tables with metal rims I have them on. I received them very quickly, and they were packed very well! I am glad I got them! Everyone who sees them has commented on their beauty!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It didn't match the color on the site. It matched the color on Amazon much better. By reading the reviews I knew what to expect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the quality of the product, especially for the price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was fairly accurate.
This lamp is ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOS!! Just finished redecorating my living room, with new paint color, sofa, chairs, artwork, textiles, etc and this lamp has now become the focal point for everyone walking in. it is so beautiful, even when not lit. Colors are somewhat different from website. Flowers are more LIGHT RED, than orange or yellow. Other actual colors include green, pink, light blue, dark blue, yellow. End result, however, is BEAUTIFUL. This lamp will fit in with ANY color scheme or décor. You cannot go wrong!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High-quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was even better
This is very pretty. As someone else noted, stained glass looks very different when it's lighted in a dark room vs what it looks like unlighted in the daytime. They aren't always that pretty in the daytime because the glass can be dark. But at night stained glass lamps come into their own and are very pretty. This one is nice because the base is a metal of some kind, so it's quite heavy and not likely to tip. The shade itself is done in a panel that is swirled, so it doesn't necessarily look symmetrical when you look at it. That's just the nature of the swirled panels. It gives it a motion, as if the tree is outdoors. So I'm ok with it but someone else might find that it bothers them. My one serious beef with this is the shade is it's not soldered, it's glued. I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong on that. They may have used copper foil technique, but it's misleading when it's glued and not soldered. Because it's glued, it has a slight give to the shade when you hold it, whereas a soldered shade would be solid. Also, when you tap on the glass pieces (and they are real glass) you get a dead sound to it rather than a higher pitched sound. This is because the glue cures to a slightly rubbery feel and it deadens the sound more than solder would. Don't get me wrong, it's a subtle feel to it, and when the lamp is set up and where you want it, how often do you ever fool around with shade after that, anyway? Along with that, the glue is not smooth, but more of a rough look to it. This isn't necessarily bad since it gives it a more rustic look, and you may not even notice it, anyway. All in all, it's real value for the money. If you are particular about having a soldered shade and a definite high quality lamp, then you won't want this. But if you just want a nice looking piece and it doesn't bother you that it isn't quite "the real thing", then you will like this. One note about the colours: The sky pieces are a bit teal/turquoise and I think it really looks nice with the lighter red roses. The lighter small whitish flowers at the top add a lot to it, as well. I think it's a really nice lamp.
This is a very nice medium lamp. I love the twisting shade - it gives a sense of motion - like the lamp is alive - growing. I love the colors in the glass pieces - even the background colors. I use this lamp in a window so I can see it from the out side as well as the inside of the house. I am very pleased with this lamp - it is a keeper.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The roses are a bit darker than the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I would say accurate.
I own several Tiffany lamps, some real, some reproduction, and this lamp is gorgeous. Keep in mind that it is larger and taller than the average Tiffany table lamp, but it is perfect on the end table in our living room. It gives off a lot of light with its two 60 w bulbs. The curve of the base is stunning and the picture doesn't do justice to the interesting twisting shape of the shade.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are brighter and more vivid tan the picture, more red and blue than shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I received this lamp several months ago and enjoy it. The colors are nice and bright and I use a bit of a stronger bulb in it for reading. I do enjoy the double pull chain for one or two bulbs. The glass feels a bit like plastic but nobody usually tries to feel what your lamp is made of. I enjoy this lamp and it looks good in my living room, adding a burst of color and light.
This lamp has a great base and shade except that the red glass used on the roses is opaque, even with 60 W bulbs, so you can't see light through the roses, and it detracts from the beauty of the lamp. I have 10 lamps from overstock and they are all fantastic except this one.
Lamp was exactly as described. Colors slightly brighter than shown. Love the lamp!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good matc
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very well
I was expecting this lamp to be more along the lines of orange but it wasn't. The flowers are definitely red, which makes the lamp really pretty, if red is okay with you. I didn't mind having red flowers in my living room, and in fact, now have another accent piece with this lamp. The base and description were good, except my base is little darker. Again, I don't mind at all. I'm very happy with it just the way it is. People tend to purchase stained glass, though, for the color mainly, and if the color is completely different from what you're expecting, then it's a disappointment. After reading some of the other reviews I expected the flowers to be red. So, I wasn't disappointed at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Absolutely not, but I still like it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not on target at all.