I am very disappointed in this lamp. The colors are lovely. However, the lamp parts do not fit together well. It is unstable. You have to hold the lamp to turn it on and off. I have purchased a number of Tiffany style lamps before and they have all been fine. This one, however, is a lemon! I do not recommend it to anyone. You will be disappointed as I have been with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color combination is excellent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor construction. Loose fittings. I have purchased Tiffany lamps before and never had any problems. This one is a lemon!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of the product by Overstock is accurate, but this is not the level of quality I expect.
Cost is excessive for plastic lamps.Shades are well made.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointed that the entire base of this lamp is made of plastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Did not see in the descrioption that the bases are made of plastic
I purchased this exact lamp from XX XXXX a couple years ago and was never able to find a match for my second bedroom nightstand. I was thrilled when I saw it on overstock and ordered it right away. When it arrived I found that it was larger than the one I had originally purchased (shade and brand were identical so I didn't even look at size when I ordered!) but it is so beautiful and of such high quality that instead of sending it back, I ordered another one! I will use my original smaller one in another room and use my new matching larger set in the bedroom. These lamps look like the real deal----yes, if you get up close and personal you can maybe find a minor flaw or two but these lamps would look beautiful in a traditional home or a fancy mansion--just amazing for the price!
I was trying to match 3 Tiffany style lights I already have in my house. The picture on the website was a great match but when it arrived only the base matched. The shade was a poor washed out version of the others and the picture on the website. The main "glass" is almost white with very little brown marbling and the green stripe is a pale tan. I wish I could attach a photo so you could see how the washed out color makes it look cheep.
I already owned the floor-lamp version of this lamp when I purchased this table model, so I knew what I was getting. This table model perfectly matched my floor lamp of the same design, purchased several years ago at another retail outlet. The "glass" panels are really made of plastic, but that's not a big deal for me. If I had millions I'd buy Tiffany. I don't, so this is fine. It looks good, the lighting capability is max 120 (2 60-watt bulbs & it handles equivalent compact flourescent bulbs well). My only quibble is that the shade tends to sit a bit crooked. You have to work with it to get it straight. Other than that, it's fine. The shade gives a nice even light with a creamy, non-glaring tone due to the beige color of the main panels. I like it. OK, one more gripe: The lamp comes packed in styrofoam. I hate this stuff. It clings to everything and it's toxic, non-biodegradable stuff. Wish they could find a better packing material. I miss the days when the packing crate stuffing was old newspapers!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I am overall very satisfied with these lamps. The description is a good match. The copper details are a little flimsy but unless to touch them you really don't notice. The lamps have a good weight to them and were easy to assemble. They don't feel cheap. I've gotten many great compliments on these lamps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall good. Copper details a little flimsy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good match.
I'm very pleased with this lamp. I bought several tiffany style lamps from Overstock before the holidays and am thrilled with them all. They appear to be good quality with heavy glass shades. Their colors are very lovely. I'm considering buyina another. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought a pair of these lamps for a gift. They shipped quickly and look very nice. They don't seem cheap like many glass (or plastic) lamps look. I bought these to match a hanging lamp and we were pleased with everything.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice solid lamp for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
I was very hopeful that the style in the description would match my other Tiffany style elements and it did perfectly. Shipping was fast and the lamp arrived in perfect shape.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is the second Tiffany-style lamp we purchased from Overstock, (can't beat that shipping price, eh?) and we're quite pleased. My Wife like it's subdued style with the hint of green, and the packaging was very good. The column is a pretty cast metal but the base is a cast composite plastic material (hence the -1 star) which is fine, unnoticeable, and keeps the overall weight of the lamp down, but from some fussy, personal quirks I have, I personally think it detracts from it's heirloom quality. Assembly was a snap, and if the Wife assembled it, I wouldn't have caught the base difference. I like it and for the price I'd recommend it.
This is a lovely and classy lamp that looks beautiful in our dark-green and gold TV room. The dominant color is off-white with a gold tinge; the green stripe is not very pronounced, but it's enough to give the shade a little color. We have an old house and the lamp has a nice transitional style which complements the Victorian style while also looking clean and modern. Because of the two bulbs with separate pull chains, it can be used as either ambient lighting or a reading light. We have a similar lamp in the living room and love this design. I'm only giving the lamp 4 stars instead of 5 because the top of the base column has some small chips in the paint, fortunately visible only close up. I will look for some dark metallic paint to touch it up with. Overstock gave me a small in-store credit so I'm satisfied overall.
This lamp was easy to assemble and serves the purpose. Looks good and fits where I put it. I'm not sure it's really made of glass. The green bit that is shown in the picture seems smaller in person and the lamp color is mostly the off white.
This was my first of many Overstock Tiffany style lamps. It was given to me as a gift some years back and has proven to be a very versatile piece. It seems to look good where ever I put it. The workmanship is great and I've found it to be an excellent reading light. An earlier reviewer commented on the striations in the color of the glass - that is true but I think it adds a very subtle dimension and beauty to the lighted shade. I love all the lamps I've gotten from Overstock and am still pleased with this - my first!
I purchased this lamp from Overstock about 3 years ago. I wanted to give another review about this lamp. The lamp is quite beautiful and when lit up the shade really glows. It has 2 light bulbs in itso that you can have the option to have a dimmer quieter light with one bulb or a brighter light with both bulbs on. I have had no problems with this lamp at all. I love it! It has this wonderful missionquiality and blends in with my ecclectic style. If you like the style of this lamp you will not be dissapointed, it gets more beautiful with age.