This lamp is lovely and well-made. It is good for a darker corner or on top of a dresser or side table. It's not a good bedside lamp if you like to read in bed. Excellent value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lovely, heavy lamp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
The lamps were beautiful. They are a Christmas present for my daughter and I am sure she will love them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
i purchased this lamp for my parents to accent an antique aubergine chair in their living room. the company markets themselves as "warehouse of tiffany" and, stupid me, i figured the lamp was manufactured by a step-down company of tiffany that had a "more affordable" line of their lamps since some can be pricey. i still dropped $** plus on this accent lamp. in its defense, the glass shade is very pretty when both lit and unlit. but that's where the upside to this lamp ends. the "bronze finish" on the base is just a brown-red paint. the description on overstock's site states that the lamp "requires one (1) standard 70-watt bulb;" however, the harp is so short, I had to buy stumpy 40-watt appliance bulbs because "standard" incandescent or the energy efficient bulbs are too tall to clear the harp and can't be screwed into place (i even removed the harp, screwed in the bulb first, and then tried to replace the harp but its just too short to clear the bulb). i suggested that my parents send the lamp back and i'd buy another one elsewhere, but my mother really liked it so they kept it. 6 months later the lamp stopped working. my mother went to turn it on and she experienced what she thought was a bulb burning out. she replaced the bulb and nothing. she checked the breaker and nothing. she plugged the lamp into a different outlet and nothing. since i didn't purchase the "extended protection" (who would have thought a simple accent lamp would require service protection?!?!) they now have a $90 plus paper weight. our next step will be to purchase a lamp re-wiring kit and re-wire the whole lamp. folks, its pretty on the surface, but save your money and buy a different lamp. this one's a lemon dressed up in pretty aubergine.
Love this lamp. It's the right size for my desk. Now my desk is complete and looks amazing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate to what was on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the product. It's just the right size for my desk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description on the web-site is accurate.