This is a beautiful lamp with colorful peacock plumage. Colors include reds, greens, blues, white and yellow. Background has a yellow tint when lamp is on. Gorgeous cabochons scattered throughout coordinate with the plumage. Excellent price for such great stained glass work. Highly recommended!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better in Person!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great!
The size and color are the same as in the specifications. The build quality is excellent! The shade is real heavy glass, I tested the glass to make sure it's was not plastic with a soldering iron to clear up what another person saying it was plastic. It has two candelabra horizontal lamp sockets that will only except Christmas tree style light bulbs that are placed just 4" from the glass shade. I have not been able to find a CFL smalll enough to fit in this lamp. The light switch is on the cord. The shipping box protected the lamp well. WARNING: un-box this lamp outside, because of the while plastic packing material will fly all over Clean the glass shade with soap and water to get rid of the protective oily smell, also outside unless you do not mind the smell in your home.
I was surprised when I received the lamp. The photo shows the lamp being a yellow to tan background. Mine was blue with the yellow at top. I decided to keep it because it will still work. Also the lamp takes two small 40 watt chandeller bulbs, no one bulb. It is quite nice lit up. My suggestion is to show an accurate photo of the color. It is warm and inviting but more light a blue background from the middle of the lamp down to the bottom of the shade.
It's not cut glass at all. This is lazy advertising. And that plastic is really opaque so the light given off is very weak. The bulb sockets are substandard and those tiny Christmas style bulbs will be a challenge to find at the super store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Roughly similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stop describing these lamps as made of cut glass when it's resinous plastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very inaccurate description of the construction material.