Okay I must say this is a very beautiful screen. It has a few problems though. First it is very thin. It doesn't come with any kind of base/footer to set it in. If your floor is not perfectly level you will have trouble getting this to stand up and not fall over. My house was built in 1870. My floors are all a little uneven. I solved this problem with felt stick on pads. The second problem is that because this is solid you cannot place it close to the fireplace opening as it will block the heat. If you move it away from the fireplace the light from the fire is not bright enough to light up the stained glass. The stained glass is the whole reason I purchased the screen. Solved this problem by putting a string of white christmas lights on the floor behind the screen. This worked perfectly and no one would ever know unless they look behind it. Thirdly the air exchanger burned out in my gas fireplace. It could be a coincidence though as the screen was placed so far away from the fireplace. Can't say for sure though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I am very pleased with this item and as soon as we get our new fireplace installed, I'll be proudly displaying this. In the summer, I plan to light it with either candles or a light behind the screen as this can then be beautiful year-round.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes