This is a well-made, very pretty lamp that I would think was authentically old if it weighed more and had an old-looking cord. Note to the manufacturer: the assembly instructions use different words for the lamp parts than the names used in the picture description. If you buy this lamp, just look at the picture to figure out assembly, it's not hard. You will be pleased with this lamp if you buy it.
This shade on this lamp was very poor quality. The"'welds" are actually just painted on the shade and are very sloppily done. This was absolutely unacceptable and I returned the lamp immediately. I would not even consider reordering.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
Materials used to put together this lamp was totally cheap. Poor worksmanship on all parts of this lamp. The packaging was cheap too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close. Off course it looks pristine on web page.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor craftsmanship. Glass looked cheap and fuzzy. Lamp post look like it was made of cheap materials.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all. Was very disappointed.
This is the 2nd one I ordered, I had ordered one to be sure I liked it first, which I did-no, I loved it! Everyone loves the lamp when they see it. I almost don't want them to know where I got it, I like not having what everyone else has... Also, another reviewer had said that the return on two lamps was $14.?? each, which totaled over $50. Not by my math it doesn't, but whatever. It sold out 2x before I could order the second one. The base on the second one is a bit different in color, I do like the first better. It's almost like the second one has more of a...trying to age it or... I'm not sure how to describe it, but I don't think the difference is all that noticeable to the untrained eye, and they won't be side by side obviously, so I'm still happy. It's pretty solid in color. If it bugged me I could easily make them match. BTW, the price came down five bucks from the first time, too. Another had mentioned that the shade was too low... the bolt that receives the shade is adjustable, you don't have to screw it all the way down in, there's enough flexibility to make it how you like it, and it's a standard size diameter for that matter, so should you really want to raise it a lot higher, a longer bolt of the same diameter could be had at the hardware store for under $3. I like it fine. Note to manufacturer: The felt for the bottom came a little munched, got tossed in over the cross bars of the shade, should be boxed elsewhere. Last time it was fine. Could slow down a skosh just enough to ensure no little barbs of leading or solder. There was one little barb. This wasn't enough to affect my satisfaction with the lamp-I don't plan to pet it, it's just a notable point. So, I loved this lamp enough to buy a pair and get the floor lamp as well. It's a nice stained glass lamp with no chance of looking garish, no matter how your decor changes over the years. The neutral color fits a good range of decor, the light it gives off is so warm and cozy-it really makes the room! The floor lamp is already in use, the table lamps are waiting for their room to be done, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying them in yet another room. Hope I don't get too used to them there....
I bought two of these lamps to go in my living room. They have a little bit of a retro look to them which is nice. They look pretty much as described, but the workmanship is mediocre. The finish on the base is painted on. Up close these lamps look a little thrown together bit at a distance (even a few feet away) they look great. They work great and throw off a good amount of light. I have already received compliments on them. If you are buying these for the look they have, I would go ahead. If you want an expensive look, I wouldn't do it. These were shipped quickly and arrived in good shape.
I absolutely love this lamp! It is so cute and is very unique. According to style, I would give it a 5 star rating, but I gave it a 4 due to quality. Some of the glass tiles are not even (stick out at a slightly different angle than the others) and the metal lining in between the tiles is also uneven. In some areas, it is very thick, and in others it is thin. Also, mine had some metal lining actually peeling off the bottom. Overall, I love it...and as long as you aren't looking up close and scrutinizing the details, it looks awesome! It practically sparkled when it's on!! Just wish it were a little higher quality.
Beautiful lamp, great quality, gives off a nice bright light. First lamp arrived damaged. Overstock quickly replaced it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This lamp was purchased for our home office, to sit upon the desk. I chose it because its not too large, yet certainly large enough for any living room end table. I love the feature of two light pulls...we opted to put two separate watt bulbs so we could have either bright or dim lighting choices. It's beautifully constructed, very stable, a fair price, and I may order another!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I am quite pleased with the color of the lamp. The shade is a soft white when off, a gentle golden glow when on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very nice product. It has a nice weight to it, not flimsy, is as lovely as the picture shows.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is a rich looking lamp, elegant, and true to your description.
I watched this product for several months before I bought one... the fact that this product is frequently out of stock is testament to it's appeal. Once I finally bought one, I wanted more! The product is exactly as described and provides a very "luxe" vintage style. It is modern in the 1930/1940's idiom. While it is listed as "tiffany style" - I could not find any other lamp like this one: Glass shade in cream/neutrals in Drum style. The shade is such that even the cheapest CFLs provide a warm, almost incandescent color light. I love this lamp and I have already ordered 2 more.
I bought 2 lamps at different times. The finials don't match. One is pointed like a fleur del lis and the other is round and flat on top. They both look fine but a little weird sitting on either side of my bed. Also, one lamp can fit regular size light bulbs. The other one I have to take the lamp shade off, put the light bulbs in and then replace the shape and still the bulb pushed against the shade. Still considering sending it back (it may be a safetly hazard) but haven't decided yet.
This is a pretty lamp to sit on my nightstand but workmanship isn't great. You see lots of flaws if you look but I like the style enough to give it a decent rating. I ordered one because I was concerned about it breaking in shipping but it was packed well and I am ordering a second one. It would be nice for the shade to sit higher or for the base to be taller, but it does have 2 lights which is nice for reading.
The glass in the light is very "white" instead of creamy. Didn't work with my color decor but it is a BEAUTIFUL light. Quality is excellent . It measures out as 12" diameter for the shade and it's 19" high. Also different from the description. Another thing to consider is where you will be putting it. I have it on a table that when you walk into the room and you look down at it. You see the bulbs through the open top. If it was across a room it wouldn't be like that. I don't like looking at bulbs, It's bight in your eyes. I'm changing it for a dome top style that is creamier color. Would definitely recommend.
I bought this lamp for the sofa table in my new living room. It took my fancy the minute I saw it on O. I am not a fan of the Tiffany style, but this lamp is different, modern, and understated. It goes beautifully with my eclectic pieces, and I have had a number of compliments on it already. The size is substantial so it commands attention right away when you enter the room. I am so glad to have found this. Thanks, Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very much the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The glass shade is exquisitely made. The base is okay, but could be a bit broader.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
i just love these lamps when i first seen them i said that i had to have them in my living room they look very well together thank you
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close the color goes very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. they look very very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it came very close they are wonderful
It took me years to realize that average lamp shades hold a lot of dust and are difficult to clean if you live in a dusty desert area like I do. I love having the glass shade so I can get it squeaky clean. It is a very stylish and versatile lamp. I liked it so much I bought an extra one for the bedside. It's so easy to reach the chain when you want to turn it off. Love the 2-bulb versatility. I just ordered the matching floor lamp which had been out of stock for a while. It's hard to find a glass shade that is neutral in color and will blend in with many different styles of furnishings. Really love my lamps!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact match
I am very pleased with this purchase. The lamp was well-packed and went together with no problem. I was surprised at how heavy the base is. The construction of the shade is not perfect, but also not so imperfect that it is really noticeable unless you inspect it very closely. It looks lovely sitting next to my bed, and really any imperfections add to the charm. This is not, after all, an expensive lamp, and it is certainly worth the money in my opinion. I do note that standard spiral fluorescent bulbs bump up against the shade. I don't know if that would be a problem if the lamp is on for an extended period, but it is not a concern for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this lamp when it went down in price and happy that I did, cause it went back up. Love the look and adds a nice change to my living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the picture, if not better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the lamp is just like the picture online.
Great lamp that makes a statement. This lamp completes my living area and have received many compliments on it. It looks the best at night when it is on. Sturdy material and was a breeze to put together. It has a very classy and modern look to it that could go with any room. A great casual or classy look to it, whatever you make it. I love the pull strings - they also add to the look of the lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I have purchased quite a few Tiffany style lamps from Overstock and whilst I love them all, some don't give out as much light as I would have liked. However, this lamp is perfect - it's well made, has a quality look and feel and gives out excellent light.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally