I must have hit the bottom of the barrel with these. I ordered two in March and received one lamp that was fine; no damage. Two months and four replacements later, I couldn't get an additional lamp that was in good condition in order to make a pair. (The lamp shades hung crooked on the base.) I had a total of SIXTEEN phone calls to Overstock.com to try to get this worked out. Don't bother...it's not worth the trouble. Two other lamps I ordered were damaged and I opted for a refund. Save yourself the complete aggravation.
The base is very heavy and won't tip over if knocked around. The shade is real stained glass and is very solid. Because of the thickness of the glass, the lamp does not put out much upward light. Using two 60 watt bulbs the lamp is great for lighting the desktop on which it sits. The only negative I have for this lamp is that the top screw/knob which holds the lampshade in place does not screw down tightly so the shade spins slightly when touched.
I wanted to buy a nice lamp for my husband. His taste is rather understated and he likes the lighting to be bright, so I though this stunning lamp was beautiful, but not flashy, and could handle 200 watts of light. However, I was very nervous because of the negative reviews I had read. I thought that if it was poor quality, I would just return it. It came in perfect - all the glass was soldered properly, the colors were lovely - I was quite relieved and very, very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Of the many many MANY Mission-style lamps I viewed on the internet, this one perfectly complemented the one I already had. The base is heavy enough that I don't worry it will fall over, It was a perfect match and exactly what I was looking for!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality; heavy base; well-put-together; great colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money!
We chose this for the style and the solid base and were not disappointed. (The base is a heavy metal, with an attractive arts & crafts design. Most similar style/price lamps we've seen have a resin base.) The shade is plastic, not glass, but looks decent.
this is the second lamp I've purchased. It's very high quality for the price and looks more expensive.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? high quality item
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? very accurate
I bought this for my office. It has nice proportions and a pleasing design. The light glass is more white than amber, so it doesn't match the standing lamp I also bought as well as I'd like.The base is not bronze, but some painted (?) base metal. OK from a distance, but not something I would want in my home. It is fine and looks great in the office though and my co-workers are impressed with the look of my office created with the lighting.
pretty but not fabulous. very acceptable but i am very picky as i am an interior designer. got it to fill in a spot quickly and it does the job well. good looking bronze base, nice and heavy. a little less gold in shade than i had hoped.
The product came out smelling like gasoline with this greasy coating on the lampshade and base. Even after soaking it in hot, sudsy water, couldn't ever get the stickiness off or the smell. Ended up tossing it. It's also much smaller than indicated. Terrible purchase.
These are impressive lamps and look good in my bedroom...as long as you do not inspect both of them carefully. One of the lamp shades has a pane that has come loose. It does not affect the appearnce, and I suppose that I can re-glue it, but it is disappointing. It looks good, however, and is not otherwise noticable.
The product is pretty as long as you do not examine it very closely (in which case you can see that it is not put together well). I had to return the first one since the glass (or is heavy plastic....I wasn't sure) on the shade was not appropriately soldered (actually, it is not solder but glue that looks like solder, I believe), and the panes were separating. The second shade that I received had the same defect but it was not as bad, so I kept it rather than deal with the hassle of returning the lamp a second time. Overall, it is aesthetically nice but not well made.
The description of the product indicates "Shade is constructed of pieces of stained glass, each hand-cut and wrapped in fine copper foil", This is at best a misunderstanding, and at worst a lie. The shade is made of plastic. Plastic. It's attractive, but don't sell me plastic and tell me it's glass. Weak.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not as advertised
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
Delivery time and shipping were excellent. I have been purchasing items from Overstock for years and this is the first time I have been disappointed. My heart is still set on Tiffany style lamps so I will try some others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it didn't. I specifically bought 2 of these lamps for my livingroom with colors of gold, orange & green. The actual lamps are red with blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The stems were too long so the shades did not fit properly and regular light bulbs could be seen from the bottom.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? My lamps did not fit the description on the website.
As the previous reviewer said, this lamp shade is covered in a greasy film and smells of gasoline! The shade is of poor quality workmanship compared to the Dale Tiffany lamps I normally purchase on sale at *****. The base is not metal and has a rough surface on the bottom from a very bad soldering job at the factory. It is painted poorly as well. I would say it is not a stretch that it is overpriced junk that epitomizes the phrase "Made in China" since that is where is came from. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!