As an interior designer I have a hard time finding lighting that will go with many themes. This light fixture does just that. With animal prints it fits right in. With Frank Lloyd Wright theme it is right at home. Oriental does it work? Yes. Modern, transitional and even contemporary..works best with 9 foot ceilings as it is a bit tall. Easy to install. Would definitely recommend and at this price you can't go wrong.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? the color is exactly as pictured
- How is the quality of the product? the quality is great for the money
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes it did, perfectly
We were creating a Japanese-influence bedroom. We had the perfect wood floor, futon bed and the beautiful floor Lotus Lamp (also from Overstock.com), but we couldn't find anything that came close for an overhead fixture. This one is perfect! It's not a really bright light, but we prefer a more diffused, softer overhead light for a bedroom, anyway. We love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot On
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, substantial fixture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot One
As another reviewer stated, I was looking for a statement piece for our foyer and this fits the bill perfectly. We just purchased a completely redone 1920's bungalow and are decorating it in a transitional/ arts & crafts/mission style and this fixture was a perfect style fit. It puts out a lot of light and looks much more expensive than it's actual cost. My husband, who is an electrician by trade, had no problems with the installation. Everything arrived in perfect condition with all parts needed. The instructions, as other stated in their reviews, were for a completely different light fixture, so this could be a problem for some "do it yourselfers". Overall we are very pleased with this product and all aspects of this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this light fixture. I took a chance after reading a couple of reviews that weren't so positive and am glad I did. This is a nice quality fixture! Very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Had my eye on this for a while and finally decided to take a chance and buy it for my refurnished dining room. Arrived well packaged and in perfect condition. The lamp is just as described. It's definetly made of glass, not plastic. Coordinates well with both my mission-style furniture as well as Asian themed decor. Looks a lot more expensive than it was, and I'm very pleased with the purchase. I decided not to use the bottom metal square ornamentation of the lamp (it's purely decorative, not functional, and therefore easily removed), and was happy to have this as an option - looked at it installed both ways and opted for the simpler design. We're not electricians and had never installed a chandelier before, but with some patience and fiddling (and, yes, the power off), we were able to install this to the existing chandelier hole in our ceiling in just over a half hour. Skilled DIY'ers could probably install it in far less time. Works well with dimmer switch and has a lovely glow to it at lower light setting, but may decide to install brighter bulbs to allow more light at high setting. Seems to be an easy fixture for switching out bulbs when needed.
We ordered this ceiling fixture for the entry of our custom Craftsman-style home which is under construction; i.e, we haven't installed it yet -- so I can't speak to anything other than the way it looks and feels after opening the package. The glass is simple and elegant, creme-colored with threads of beige / alabaster. Very tasty. The bronze part of the lamp seems well-constructed and solid. It is a dark, oiled bronze whose roots are both Asian and Craftsman-style. Having not actually installed it, this fixture seems to be an excellent buy, appearing far more expensive than its price tag reveals.
I was astounded to find this lamp for the price Overstock.com offered it. It is the exact fixture I saw on numerous sites for 4 times the cost! It arrived within days and in perfect shape. Overstock knocks it out of the park again! Quick becoming my favorite place to shop on the web.
I am remodeling my house in the Arts & Crafts style and this semi-flush light adds to the decor nicely. It is a large fixture so it would work best w/9 ft. ceilings or more, but it fits in my 8-ft. hall well. However, because the light is tall and only semi-flush to the ceiling, I did not install the square, metal detail on the bottom of the light. It makes the piece appear too overwhelming. Overall, this product is well made and pretty to see.
You get what you paid for. I remember one of the reviewer said this is made of glass by judging the weight. The one I got is definitely not made of glass. It sounds like plastic when you tap on it and it weights like plastic. Not only that, the black lines in between panels are uneven throughout. The instruction came with it was for a different lamp - useless. The "nipple" that supposes to let you screw the shade to the base doesn’t have enough thread. My husband had to get a longer one from *********. However if you ignore all these details, it looks nice from distance once is installed on the ceiling.
Love the way this looks and just added two to our bedroom after remodel. Looks classy, with mostly white and off-white glass but a bit of yellowish glass that adds warmth to the glow. It hangs low (note dimensions!!), which was fine for our locations, but beware if you are really tall! Agree with other reviewers who noted it has both a mission look and an oriental flavor.
If you love things Mission Style, this fixture is a no-brainer. It is elegant and understated in appearance. It is not stained glass by master craftsman in quality, but it good enough for its purpose as a ceiling fixture. I like that about overstock, it finds the sweet spot of value versus price, cutting some corners but knowing what to keep to preserve value.
This fixture is VERY MISSION. It looks as though an American artisan hand-crafted the metal finish, using raw brass brought to a bronzed, oxidized patina. AND YES, THIS IS MADE OF REAL GLASS. How can you tell? It's heavy. In other reviews there was some question about this. It is made of art glass which feels like a man-made material if you thump it with your finger, but it is glass--you can see the beautiful iridescent shimmers when you turn on the lights. That shimmer and the weight of the fixture comes from glass and glass only. As I said in the review title. . .Frank Lloyd Wright would have put this ceiling fixture in his home! It looks like a piece of art, from an era when craftsmen made the goods in our country. And it is easily installed but perhaps needs a second person alongside the installer when putting the final screw nut on that holds the shade, because unless you're very adept, you need one person to hold the shade and one to try to get the nut up through the long, narrow decorative bottom piece so it can be twisted on the threaded down pipe. For the beauty and style of this piece, I would have expected to pay four times as much--even though it was indeed made in China. This is a barbgain and something I have never seen on any other site. It is very close to being a one-of-a-kind find! Thanks O.Co for offering it. I'm proud to have it in my foyer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks More Iridescent Amber In The Picture But Still Nice Glass
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality For Having Been Made In China
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Description
I didn't think I'd like this, my daughter picked it out, but it works in the room very well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than the pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought a condo from a man, who had the master bedroom filled with floor to ceiling build-ins, making the room very functional, but much too masculine. I took down the big ceiling fan and had this fixture put in its place. Voila! It was suddenly a geisha's retreat. This fixture also gives some much needed light in the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This really finishes off the bar area in our basement.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The fixture was just as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It hangs great from the ceiling. The instructions could have had more details.
After the long process of getting the light up we like the way it looks. This was one of the last items in a remodel of our 30 yr old house and we wanted an entry light that made a statement. It looks very nice for the price but again it is not glass as advertised.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good color compared to photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average - It is NOT GLASS. It does look nice, but it is NOT GLASS
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the istallation directions show a drawing of a totally different fixture and it took my husband twiceas long to hang it because the hardware was not sufficient.