I have a number of Tiffany-style lamps and intersperse them with other contemporary lighting throught our home.I purchased this lamp to replace a very colorful tiffany floor lamp I got from the "northern" shopping network that was literally falling apart. In addition to the fact that it was going to break apart any minute, I always thought it was a little too much tiffany in our LR.THIS lamp is absolutely stunning, bright and continues the "theme" without it being too much color color color. The amber cabachons are pretty and the lamp gives off a wonderful reading light.The description here says 75 watt bulbs, but the lamp itself says you can use 100 watt. I had 75's and they are more than adequate.Great purchase, easy to assemble....and just no way you can beat the shipping prices here.Good job Overstock :)
I ordered the floor lamp because I already had the table lamp...however the beads on the table lamp are a yellow/green color and the beads on the floor lamp are orange. I was also surprised at how large the shade was...not quite what I expected but I am happy with the purchase .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as shown however I had previosly purchased the table lamp and the beads were not the same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it was as I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate
A few things I want to echo from other reviews: -Yes, the shade is quite large but the not awkwardly so. The lamp is very visually attractive and proportional, but keep in mind the space it will occupy. -A few of the pieces had hairline cracks or small chips. I'm not concerned and I only noticed them when I looked very closely. Based on others comments I think this is going to be a pretty common defect with this lamp. -The glass feels plastic-y but it is indeed glass. The light colored glass makes for a bright and cheery glow. The white glass has swirled into it other tones of gold and oak. I also like how the simple pattern adds to the visual interest of a room without being distracting. That makes this lamp a good way of adding another TIffany fixture to a room without inducing a Tiffany Overdose. The base itself is heavy, and of obvious quality. Seeing it on a sterile webpage is one thing, but lit up in person this lamp really impresses. This lamp (and others on Overstock) are so much cheaper than comparable Tiffany lamps!
Nice lamp. Purchased this to put in the corner of my family room beside a recliner so I am able to read at night. It's both functional and pretty. Gives off a very nice glow that lights up the room (20 x 25' room and it does a nice job of lighting it up) and gives off plenty of light for reading. Very easy to assemble. Arrived in perfect condition. The base is very pretty, the colors are exactly as pictured on the website. Only reason I'm not giving a 5 is because when you tap the glass it does look/feel a little like plastic, but not enough to not buy the lamp.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is exactly the same as it appears on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. When you tap the glass it kind of feels like plastic but it looks very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought this lamp to go in my living room. The lamp is not only beautiful but is also functional as it provides the option of using either one light bulb or two depending upon the amount of light needed. I keep one bulb on at all times to hgihlight the colors of the shade.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product is exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp is a quality product that has worked perfectly and looks beautiful.
I love the look with my traditional furnishings without the traditional lamp with silk shade. Adds a more contemporary look for Florida home while complementing my traditional furniture. When lighted it casts a visual subtle light but no glare.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superior quality to a similar style found in a local furniture store. The heavy shade is supported by metal vs a composite in the local store.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Absolutely accurate
This was a gift for my mother, who underestimated how large a 20" diameter shade really is. Had it been about 15" rather than 20" she'd have kept it. I may order one, possibly two, for my own home, which features clean lines, no drapes, teak floors, high ceiling lots of windows for natural light, and a LOT of original artwork--it ain't your grandma's parlor. And while this lamp may strike you as "grandma-ish" at first (it did me) it's actually quite a versatile piece, and quite substantial. If you "vibe" to eclectic, versatile, quality and artisan, this lamp will quite likely suit you well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate.
This is a beautiful lamp. I had to give a low rating because there are several pieces of the glass that have cracks in them. I am afraid it will crack all the way through and then what would I do? I will have to contact overstock.com and see what they can do for me. Maybe I just got the bad one of the bunch. It is beautiful though except for the cracks which I can only see if I really examine it. Disappointed.
Happy with lamp but the shade sits a little unevenly and we have not been able to straighten it. It no longer bothers me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for price of lamp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This lamp provides great light. It matches the picture. It is disappointing that the shade is made of plastic. The metal stand is quite sturdy. I have decided to keep it because of its looks and how it fits into my decor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The lamp matches its picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was unclear that Tiffany-style meant the item was made of plastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The presence of plastic and its use was not clear.
I was looking for a vintage style lamp that would be both retro and yet flow with a casual sand and blue color theme in a vintage Florida beach home. It is so much better made and beautiful than I expected. It was so well packaged that nothing was broken, and I put it together in 15 minutes. As other reviews have said - it looks wonderful when the light shines through it. We have them in our front porch area and even people seeing it through our windows have commented on it
This lamp is beautiful. It came quickly and was packaged well. I only wish the shade was a bit smaller, but overall I love it. I had a special place that I wanted to put it, and it looks like it was made for that spot. Love the little "jewels" in the shade which really enhance everything when the light is turned on. I also like that it has pull chains rather than a turn on switch.
Great lamp. Very attractive and stylish. Our only complaint was that the riser that holds the glass shade was too tall, and this allowed the light bulbs to be directly visible to anyone sitting near the lamp. This was corrected by buying a shorter fitting in the plumbing department of Home Depot for $4.50.