The lamp was sent in perfect condition. Classic, understated, modern, and very well made. Mission style design is the real story on this glass and steel lamp. An architectural design which works elegantly in its space, and laminates beautifully.
This fixtrue was relatively easy for my son to install.(He actually installed it at night while I held a flashlight.) The only discrepency was that the wire colors stated in the directions were not actually on the fixture. But it didn't make a difference in the end.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actually pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very classy looking and really lights up the foyer space.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought this lamp and installed it a several weeks ago. Overall impression is good. It looks quite nice and the mission style works well with our house. I like the fact that it's "upward facing" and hanging, as opposed to the typical ceiling mounted lights we had been using which all ended up suffering from heat related failures. This lamp takes multiple bulbs, so it's nice and bright. It is a bit on the small side - when I see a picture of a lamp like this I think of a pretty large lamp - be sure to check the diameter and visualize it in the room you are using. There's also a smaller diameter version. Installation was as easy as any other hardwired lamp. In the end the only odd thing I found about it was that the cover up plate which snugs up against the ceiling doesn't quite cover the cutout in the drywall we had for the electrical box. The box is normal sized, the cutout isn't all that big ... I thought this was odd and was something I didn't think to plan ahead for since we had been using ceiling mounted lights that substantially covered the cut out. I don't recall if the dimension of the cover up plate it listed or not, but plan ahead for that . I plan on getting one of those plastic decorative round bits to mount up there. Other than that issue, the lamp is quite nice, reasonable quality for the price and looks good. I would recommend this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site compared reasonably well to the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product quality seems decent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description of the product was decent