What a great purchase! The colors are vibrant, nice size lamp, very heavy, seems to be well constructed. I bought 2 lamps for end tables on either side of my living room couch. They really go well with my shaker style furniture. The lamps each take two 60 watt bulbs but I found that to be a little too bright for my liking. I used two 40 watt bulbs for softer lighting and the colors of the lamp shade still look great. Everyone who has come to my house has remarked on the lamps and how great they look. I've seen the exact same lamps for twice as much $$$ on other sites. Buy yours before they're gone ... excellent buy. Also, someone else recommended unpacking the lamps outside the house due to the packing material .... good call, the styrofoam is very brittle and you'll have that stuff all over the place when you unpack.
A very high-quality lamp, but I agree with the reviewer who commented that the actual shade colors are much more vivid than pictured. The dragonfly bodies are a very bright red (stunning when lit!) and the amber-beige colors near the top are actually very intense orange. The main shade colors (purple, red, orange) work very well together, but don't relate all that well to the base, which is deep green. My solution was to put this shade on a different metal base, and will look for a differently colored 16" dragonfly-style lampshade to put back onto the green mosaic base.
Never have I felt so deceived as with this product. The description of this product clearly states that it is metal and glass. No where does it say anything about plastic resin which comprises 90% of this product. It looks so incredibly cheap. I may never shop here again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Way off. The shade is purple. The overall effect is purple.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is very low quality. You expect handcut class, copper foil, and a sturdy metal base because that is what the description says about the materials. However that is far from what we received. This is cheap, injection molded plastic resin top to bottom. I'm embarassed for my friends to seate it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely inaccurate. This description should be reported to a consumer watchgroup. The site description is fraudulent.
If this light actually looked like the photo...well, then you'd have a pretty cool lamp at a reasonable price. Sadly. the dragonflies were bright red, and not at all the vibe I was hoping for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color did not match the photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? apart from the bad photo, the info was ok
when I opened the package and took the shade out it was perfect, but when I took out the base I was totally disappointed. The colers should have matched the shade and then it would have been perfect. No life to the colors on the base,very dull
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the shade coler wasfine, the base color was off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very good
Although the description of the lamp is accurate, I didn't realize at the time, how different the base is from the shade. They simply look like they came from two completely different lamps, one green and one more purple. The base is actually gorgeous, but it needs a shade with at least some green in it. I am not a picky person and have never left a poor review, but this just looks so odd and I didn't want anyone else to have regrets in making this purchase. Overstock is a great company and I have always been happy with what I receive, but this purchase was a mistake...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair to poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Before I ordered I read a review saying the same thing. I did not think that it was going to happen to me. My wife did not liken them, and the lamps ended up over a counter in my patio. I should be able to get my money back!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? TOTALLY DIFFERENT. i DD NOT GET THE ONE ON DISPLAY.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. QUALITY MIGHT BE GOOD, BUT THAT'S IRRELEVANT TO ME AS I DID NOT GET THE ONE DISPLAYED
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? TOTALLY DIFFERENT COLORS
A nice looking piece overall, though the colors were not as nice as online (not accurate representation) and the metal parts looked a little cheap. the light is very low if you want to use it as a reading light, and I am looking for a stand to raise it up about 6 inches. The bottom was open, though it came with a piece of flocked paper, there was no adhesive so it needs to be glued on. I would not have ordered this if I saw the actual product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not as pictured. looked cheaper
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. reasonable quality, though not as good as I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reasonably accurate
I really wanted to like this lamp. It looked so nice in the photo. In reality it borders on being garish with it's colors and the base is not near as nice looking as the photo makes it appear. I should just return it, but I guess I'll keep it. . . begrudgingly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not very well! The base is not polished 'brass," but instead painted 'bronze' The shade colors are off and in reality are 'garish' to my eye. The dragonflies are very orange and the blue colors are very strong.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be made well, it's just not what I expected from the photo.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very good. See "color" comment above
This lamp turned out to be of divergent colors, so that it does not pull together with a cohesive look as a whole. My first impression was that they somehow mixed up two different lamps, shade from one and base from another. It is also way too short for what I needed, but I still like it a lot, as the thing can still fit in with my overall decor with a few tweaks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade is much more red/orange than the picture, making the product less color coordinated between the base and the shade than anticipated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fine, and it is interesting to see how the heavy shade has metal bolsters x 3 to help bear the weight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I somehow couldn't find the height and shade diameter anywhere on the site. As this is crucial information to me for this particular piece to fit in with the existing stained glass arrangement I have going on, it was a big deletion. Please, O.CO, please give easy to find dimensions for all of us older buyers.
I love the pictured lamp but this is not like the picture. The lamp base is more of a bronze than gold as are any other parts of the base. The base is beautiful and so is the shade. I think the shade looks like the picture somewhat when the lamp is off but when the shade is lit, it becomes a whole different lamp. I bought two and they are identical in color so if you want a solid, heavy, good quality, colorful lamp and you LOVE PURPLE AND ORANGE, don't hesitate, GET IT and you will be pleased. Me, I read these reviews first and I bought this lamp because it was purple and orange. It looks beautiful in my purple bedroom and this lamp is beautiful and colorful off and on.
Those of you who are saying that this is made out of injection molded plastic clearly don't know anything about Tiffany lamps. If you did a little research, you would find that Tiffany lamps feel a bit off (often described as "plasticy") due to the fact that the glass pieces are wrapped tightly in foil. This, coupled with the fact that Tiffany glass pieces are often very small, means that the glass does not resonate and "feel" like normal glass when you handle it.
I received this lamp for Christmas and was very disappointed in the color. I thought the base should match the shade. My husband didn't mind it, but I really like things to match. I didn't like the color of the blue and orange and then the green base. It was a nice size and in the right matching colors it would be great,
This is an interesting lamp and is of good quality for the price. The colors are a little different than in the photo - the dragon flys are red and the metal is a bronzy color but I think think works better. The color of the bases "jade" pieces is accurate though. This little light really stands out when illuminated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The dragon flys are actually red, not orange as in the photo . The metal is more bronzy, not gold like in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is pretty good especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The Description is accurate.
I purchased this lamp based on the positive product reviews. The lamp shown on the website is not what you receive. The picture on the web looks like a vibrant brass base with dragonfly filigrees and cut green glass. What you actually receive is a plastic molded base with a thin coat of a brownish muted color. This is not a high quality product. I would not recommend.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No, the base is not made of brass with brass filigree as pictured. It is a muted brownish paint or stain over an injected plastic mold.
- How is the quality of the product? Poor :(
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
This lamp is not as pictured...Read all reviews carefully. The base is not nearly as brassy. The lamp shade shown is very different in color.. This picture is not what you get.... This is not even close..Very red dragonflies...and yellow wings...We are looking for 10 watt bulbs... That will help... For the price it is still a nice lamp, but we feel tricked.
The lamp is very nice but once lite it does not look the same as the picture as far as the coloring goes. It is very purple and orange - great for Halloween time - got it right before Halloween. It looks more like the picture when turned off. If you are looking for a very nice lamp with lots of purple then this is the one.