If you love Tiffany-inspired lighting, as I do, you will be beyond pleased with this hanging dragonfly lamp. I replaced one with this one, which is quite a bit bigger, and it looks simply gorgeous hanging over my diningroom table. It is the lamp I leave on all day and night, since the room is quite dark, and each time I walk past the lamp it makes me happy. Who could ask for more? I would wholeheartedly recommend this lamp. I did comparison shopping before making my purchase, and I saved $$ by buying at my favorite place to shop--Overstock.com!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors in the photo were about the same as the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very high quality, well-made lamp.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was very accurate.
This lamp is just beautiful. The colors are awesome. The lamp is very heavy so it was difficult to hang. My husband uttered some not so nice words in the process. If you are looking for a lamp to light a large area, this may not be the one for you. It shines the light down, rather than out. However, I am very pleased with our purchase and would highly recommend it.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! IF YOU ARE IN TO DRAGONFLY'S AS I AM THAN YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO. IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL OVER MY OAK DINING ROOM TABLE. EVERYONE WHO COMES OVER PAYS COMPLIMENTS TO HOW PRETTY IT IS. I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY IT. STAINED GLASS IS MY THING BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SHOW THE DUST LIKE CLEAR GLASS.
Absolutely love this very Tiffany-esque chandelier, now hanging over my antique round oak table. I searched for one for years after my family heirloom real Tiffany chandelier originally belonging to my great grandparents was taken by my amoral stepbrother. Hard to find one that was both affordable and met my high standards for quality and workmanship. This is the new future family heirloom!
My Wife and I bought this light to replace the one that came with our home. The instructions are pretty vague, so make sure to do some preliminary research on how to install a hanging light (one with a chain) before you begin. Also, grab some larger screw on connectors...the ones that come with it may not handle the larger gauge wiring that is in your home. Above all, make sure to hook the chain through the loop on top of the light and the bottom of the ceiling bracket once ikt is hung - otherwise, you will have a lot of weight hanging from the cord! You can be confident with this purchase - it an attractive piece, and a great addition to any space. Just make sure to use incandescents - with the bottom being wide open, CFLs could blind you :).
I am very happy with the purchase. The lamp is beautiful and really big for our big eat in kitchen area. The Blue and orange colors are the highlight of the lamp when it is lit. It s not very heavy and it took hardly 20 minutes to hang it up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? When it is lit the lamp looks the same as in picture, but during the day the yellow is pale tan but it looks beautiful no matter what.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, great color and good size for a large room
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The 22" diameter is a large piece, it came in a big box nicely packed.
Not quite as described, It was larger than stated, think it was not 100% stained glass but plastic. Looked okay and we like for the money. Hubby thought hanging/assembly instructions were not very good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair, but colors good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I doubt this is stained glass, seemed to be plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was larger than stated
Bought this fixture to put in my foyer. Love how it brings lots of color into the room. It was easy to install and i am very happy with this item. The three light bulb housing is in the center of the light and can been seen when you stand under it, it is not concealed in any way. Also, due to the way it hangs, it gives off light mostly in the downward direction, not upward or to the sides. Neither of these items detract from my enjoyment of the light, however.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. no problems with the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
There are no green tiles at all so it displays the dragonflies in light blue and the blue tiles around the middle area -- but other than that, it's brown. Of course I only realized how vastly different the colors were from what I thought I bought after I paid to have it installed and the lights were turned on. I am deeply disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine except the wrong color pieces were used
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? size was correctly described
Bought this lamp for my informal dining area were we eat most of our meals. Looks beautiful. The glow of colors through the glass is fabulous. Price was right,worth every penny!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are more beautiful than on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description accurate on product
Colors turned out to be vibrant and I felt the lamp was the quality to be anticipated for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. I felt the quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I felt the description was good, but a little more detail could have been provided on the site. I still felt it was a very good value for the money
Beautiful! I've not hung it yet; it's definitely HUGE and was well-described in size. I knew it was going to be large. It's absolutely gorgeous!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality; heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I was unable to discover what size (not wattage) bulbs this lamp needed and how confined the space for such bulbs was going to be. But, I went ahead and bought the lamp anyway. When it arrived I discovered, much to my relief, that there was lots of bulb room and my concerns were misplaced. (I own two other very similar lamps with a very small space for bulbs. That will become a serious issue unless the new style bulbs come out in smaller dimensions than are currently available.) I mention this point because I was unable to discover the information I needed over the phone with Overstock. Otherwise I give them and the lamp manufacturers an A+.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on the mark
Lamp is over dining room table and a great addition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Very nice shade, perfect size, faithful in design, the right price. Currently using one as a functional instrument on stage over Neil Young's Piano during the Buffalo Springfield Tour Summer/Fall 2011. Check it out on YouTube, Lots of compliments on it, and good advertising for O.com.... See you again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Close enough
- How is the quality of the product? Very Nice for the price.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
After receiving this hanging light was very excited. First appearance, looked good. After hanging the light and turning it on, there were hairline cracks in the wings of several of the draqonflies. Not probably noticeable to someone not examining closely but I would probably have returned the light if I had seen the cracks before the light was hung. Also two pieces of the stained glass were loose and fell out. Since we had already hung the light, we glued the two pieces back in and hope they remain. Very disappointed because it is a beautiful light fixture. If you order this light, be sure to use a flashlight to look for cracks b/4 you hang the light.
The colors used in the shade do provide a warm ambiance in the room and it is of sufficent size. However, the light shade is made of plastic vs. glass in a true 'tiffany'. The light fixture within the shade could also be of better quality. For the price, I suppose the quality is sufficient. I cannot imagine this product ever selling at its full retail price. I installed this light over my kitchen table so it is acceptable in this casual atmosphere. I would be more disappointed if my intensions would have been to use this light in a more formal room.
We ordered this light to hang over our kitchen table. The picture online is accurate, however, the colors are much more vivid in person. We love the look. I will say the bulbs you put in it need to be frosted and the energy efficient ones work better. The instructions say no more than 60 watt, however, we used the equivilent of 40 watt energy saver bulbs to keep it from glaring in our eyes at the height we hung it. It's a real bargain. We looked several places for lights that weren't near as large and much higher priced. We have ordered several tiffany lights from Overstock and have been more t han pleased with each and every one!
The lamp was hung by our electrician and it looks very good in the bar area of our great room.When it arrived, very quickly, we were surprised by the large size. The colors compliment other pieces in the room and has completed the decorating plan for this part of our new house.