We purchased 5 lights for a long hallway and are very pleased. Colors definitely are a bit different than pictured here (see above comments), but still quite lovely in our 1920s Philly brownstone. Lights are attached to a ~18-20 inch stem, so they are much longer than we had anticipated (but worked well for our 12 foot ceilings). Installation is fairly easy despite the lamps coming with no instructions whatsoever. Wires are double black-corded, but there are smooth (connect to white/neutral) and ridged (connect to black/hot) sides and a grounding wire - you can the installation if unsure & turn off your breaker beforehand. Note that you should unscrew the washer at the base of the plate/cover thing to drop it down to make ceiling installation easier. Overstock had a great price, less than $$, and this lamp usually retails for ~$$. It's made in China and imported to the LA area, but it is glass with nice copper/leaded edgings. To that end, keep away from children since surely lead-containing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Agree that the main white/green glass looks pale blue when unlit, but then is more mint green when lit, actually very pretty (butnot white/neutral as in picture). Dragonfly is more amber with bright emerald eyes. Edging glass is reddish with yellow accents and fairly variegated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
Bought this for my daughter who had purchased the VINTAGE STAR Torchiere Lamp (also red) for her living room . . . this lovely light matches the Torchiere perfectly and hangs over a reading chair in the other end of her living room . . . absolutely perfect! Thanks OVERSTOCK!
When I received the lamp there was some bending of the thin metal on top. The colors were much more blue than the green and red pictured and described online, all of this I would have accepted because over all I really like the lamp. However, it did not work with any type b bulbs and I tried several. Overstock is sending me a replacement, I hope the second lamp will work!
This is a really nice light and fills my needs perfectly. The only complaint is that it has no instructions and so I needed to get the assistance of an expert to figure out how to wire it. Instructions for plug or hard wiring would be a good inclusion, Because I needed this extra help I feel I could only give it a good rating, but if you are electrically savvy, then it is excellent. I bought this light for a remodeled kitchen which is still not completed. I haven't actually installed the light yet, but I don't see any reason it shouldn't be as good as it looks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were much bluer and greener than the photo shows.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a beautiful light and fills my needs perfectly. It seems to be well made and with expert help, easy to install.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
I was looking for a small lamp that would plug into a wall outlet and then hang from the ceiling. The description I read said this had a 94" cord with a plug. When I got it, I was disappointed to see that it had a short cord (about 24") and ended with exposed wires. It also came with a mount so the lamp could be wired and attached to a ceiling - it does not plug into a wall outlet. However, the colors of the lamp are beautiful greens and blues with red dragonflies. The glass is thick and heavy with strong framing holding it all together. It is great quality and very pretty, so I did not want to return it. Instead, I cut the outlet end off an extention cord and spliced the lamp and cord together. I was then able to hang the lamp where I wanted and plug it into the wall outlet. I even painted the cords with the same paint I used on the wall the the cord runs down, so it is not noticeable at all. With that, I am very happy with this lamp and would recommend it in the right situation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo on the site seems to show shades of tans and pinks. What I got is blues and and greens (which is fine, as it still matches my decor).
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - solid, heavy, and durable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The colors in the photo were off, and the description said the lamp had a 94" cord with plug - what I got had a cord of about 24" and wiring to attach to a ceiling.
The lights came with absolutely no instructions or a wire diagram. There is only one black wire and a grounding wire. Please include some sort of instructions. We're not all electronic DIY geniuses. Gorgeous lamp. I just want it to work. If my super can't assist with installation, I am going to return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Different color
Packaging was chintzy, but it arrived miraculously unscathed. Can't beat the price of another beautiful piece of Tiffany inspired lighting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
The instructions did not match this lamp. I am hanging them as my controctor says the smaller wire will work but it is much thiner than the lamps in the store and makes the rest of the lamp look cheaper. I do love the design on the globes and hope when they are hung that they will look OK.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color and design is just like the picture but brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the globe but, the hanging wire is much thiner than in the stores
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
The light is beautiful. The description said it was plug in but it's not. I bought a kit to convert it to plug-in, but the light will not work. I have wired and re-wired and added a switch and hardwired the light. It will not work. Would like to send back but I can't find my receipt. Wish the light would work - it looks great in spot I want to put it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful light! Love the colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. doesn't work
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not a plug-in light
This is the second Tiffany-style lamp I've purchased at Overstock and they are both of amazing quality. I know someone who makes Tiffany reproduction lamps by hand and these rival his lamps....and these cost a LOT less! The lamps are beautiful and the price is fantastic!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Amazing!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I bought this for my mom's kitchen. She remodeled and needed an over-the-sink, in front of a window light that gave a large pop of color without being modern (she has a farmhouse style kitchen). It looks so good. Her cabinets are off white with bronze/iron hardware and her color palate includes chocolate brown, tan, rust, copper, stainless, black, and some greens. This light tied it all together.
The lamp colors were not at all what the picture showed. I've had it for less than a year and hardly ever used it. I went to plug it in today and it didn't work, I took it down to see if the bulb needed to be replaced and the whole bulb socket was burned and corroded. I used the correct recommended size bulb so there is no excuse for this to have happened.
We already own a number of Tiffany-style lamps purchased at Overstock.com. So when I saw this hanging light I was really excited. Out of the box, it's very pretty ... like our other dragonfly lamps. It's a little greasy ... just like all our other Tiffany-style lamps have been. But it cleans up easily. Sadly the attached cord is way too short. Despite the listing, there's really no hanging hardware included, just a plastic clip attached to the cord; and there's no off and on switch. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to use this thing. In retrospect, had I taken the time to read all the specifications, I might not have purchased this lamp. That said, I'm keeping it, because it really is beautiful, and matches my other pieces.
The lights are very nice, but the color wasn't quite as I expected. Also, I thought the lights would include the stems, but they did not and only have electrical plug-in cords. I guess I didn't pay attention that they were just "hanging lights". Therefore, we had to buy stems, so it turned out not to be as good a bargain as we thought, but nonetheless, we're still happy.
This lamp is kind of cheap looking and arrived covered in some sort of greasy residue. If you expect to hang this from the ceiling, you will need an extension cord, because the cord attached is not very long. Also, there is no switch, so you have to plug/unplug to turn on and off. I'm keeping it, but only because it's hard to find hanging pendant lights that plug in rather than having to be hardwired.