We purchased two of these lamps and are very satisfied. The color is more aqua than appears in the picture but it worked out well with our Nantucket theme. It gives the feeling of ocean waves. It is different than the picture but still lovely.
I ordered two of these lamps and was very pleased. The two that I ordered came in a very timely fashion, were packed well, very sturdy, strait and easy to assemble and well worth the money. Lights on or off they are very attractive. They make a lovely warm light and I am very satisfied with them. I might add that the description writes that they take one 60 watt bulb when in fact it facillitates two. One for each of the pull chains.
What I generally like about Tiffany lamps is the warm glow they cast. I was disappointed with the look of this one, though. The color seems misrepresented in the photo. I found the light quality harsh and the glass pretty drab. It's going back.
This lamp was the inspiration piece for my dining room! It has a nice weight to the base, and I really like the mottled effect to the white portions of the shade. The white portions of the shade may have an iridescent quality with a blue-green cast. I have noticed this iridescence in the coordinating torchiere that I also own, but my table lamp has more of a mottled opaque-to-translucent white without the iridescence. The cabochons in purple and amber/gold really stand out against the white and add a nice pop of color to the lampshade. The lamp gives off plenty of light, and the amount of light can be customized by using only one bulb or both at the same time. I like the slightly smaller ceiling fan size light bulbs in this lamp. Makes a beautiful addition to the room!
Lamp was received intact, shade and base are separate, easy to assemble. Color received does not reflect the color in the picture, but they do match each other. I believe Overstock should use an updated photo of the lamp to better reflect the true colors. I was hoping for a touch of teal. I will only get this if I paint underneath myself. The light takes two bulbs (two pull chains), not one as described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors received are mostly white, with a small touch of green. There isn't any aqua, and a much stronger bulb must have been used to get the lower colored glass to glow.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. One shade was very dirty/oily on the outside. Needed to wipe down with vinegar water.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Needs two bulbs, not one.
The shade had large, smeared-looking patches of green in it, and the dirty purple color (where it was supposed to be red) was awful. This is the only item I have ever returned to Overstock. I will continue to shop here. But this purchase was a big DUD! Don't buy it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not true at all. The red on the end of the shade was actually a dirty purple color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheaply made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurat at all. The base of the lamp looked like rust instead of bronze.
Great value for the price. Love Tiffany inspired lamps, this one shows great workmanship and simple elegance. We have received many compliments for it's beauty. Appreciate that it has a double pull chain, so that bulbs may be turned on or off independently of each other.
The shade is definitely much smaller than in the photo. It almost seems the base is too large and a different base would have been a better choice.. The glass is thin and has a plastic feel to it. All in all it does work and is attractive
Was very disappointed when I received this lamp. According the picture, the lamp shade had different colors in it, including blue, which it did not. We had just repainted our bedroom blue, so this was very important to us. The only partial color was a very light green and it appeared to have lots of bubbles in it. The lamp stand itself had a cheap look and feel to it. I expected it to be wood, but it was not.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all as pictured in ad.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp stand part of the lamp was inferior to what I expected. Seemed to be just a hard plastic material instead of wood as I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I expected much better from the description.
I purchased this lamp along with the floor torchiere. They are great set. The finish of the shade is very elegant. I am happy with the effect this duo makes in my home. Thank you for having some many table and floor lamps in one spot to choose from. When I recieved my table lamp they were sold out, I am gald I chose to grab both when I did! I would agree with most other reviews that these are a great set of lamps.
I purchased 2 of these lamps knowing sometimes buying just one of something where 2 are wanted, the second might not be available. I was very pleased. I put them on both sides of my wicker sofa in my sunroom. They add a great deal of class and give enough light to read when the sun goes down. Do not hesitate to give them a try--they are exceptional.
The lamp is not as irridescent as it appears to be in the photo but its still a nice lamp. Not beautiful but nice. The quality is average and it took 2 minutes to assemble. It takes two 60 watt bulbs and gives sufficient light. The lamp was well packed.
These lamps are the perfect size and exactly what I wanted. The only thing wrong is that they are not the color depicted in the picture. There was no blue whatsoever in the shade, mostly cream with a hint of pale green. I would have preferred a little bit of blue, like the picture.
Really nice, warm light. We have sot of a Mission style living room, and these lamps, (bought the matching floor lamp), coordinate perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this lamp to match the floor lamp I had bought - they both look great. It gives adeqaute light for reading. The feel is plastic-like more than glass. This seems to be the one characteristic mentioned in most reviews and I agree, but it looks great so I kept both the table and floor lamp.