I just bought my second of this table lamp after receiving the first just about a week ago. I had intended to use it in my guest bedroom where it wouldn't be seen much, but after seeing the lamp lit, I decided to buy a second and will use both in my living room.The picture here does not do the light justice. What appear to be dark brown pieces of glass are actually bluish and purple shades which look great with the dark red and navy colors in my living room. For this price and the minimal shipping charge from Overstock,I'm very happy with my purchase.
I have two table lamps purchased from Overstock and I am happy with both. I don't know why descriptions continue to state that there is some "glass" in the construction of the shades. These shades are made of plastic throughout. If there was any glass involved prices would skyrocket to "Antiques Roadshow" expectations; tens of thousands. That said, the lamps are well made, colorful and attractive and a very good buy for the money. I recently checked the quality and prices with a display of Tiffany type lamps at our local art museum (Albuquerque) gift shop. They were having a show of the real thing and selling the replicas in the gift shop. Prices there were double and triple what is available at Overstock for the same lamps. In general, I've found these lamps to be a very good quality at a very good price....and, to repeat, they seem to be well made, I've got the two table lamps and one floor lamp and they fit beautifully with our Southwest decor. I've had no problems with fragility or bad workmanship. I don't like adding to container ship freight but since no one is making these lamps in the U.S. to get one you will have to pay China.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As close as shown on computer screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made well as expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
Shipping was super fast on this, I ordered on the 4th, a holiday, and had the lamps by the 7th. Based on the photo, I thought I was buying lamps with a brown trim but the trim is actually a purple, which at first alarmed me thinking it would not match my decor. However, they just look like a dark color and the purple is not prominent, you can only see the purple right next to where the light bulb filiment shows through. The lamps are very pretty in my mission living room and make a really charming warm glow at night, just what I was looking for. Other than the concern over the brown vs. purple glass, which turned out to be no problem, this was a flawless transaction.
I was pleased at the quality and the weight of this lamp. This is an excellent buy for the person doing a room makeover on a moderate budget. I am now considering the matching floor lamp.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good quality for the money.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Tye description was very accurate.
This lamp is very good for the price. It is exactly as I had expected & hoped. When lit, the light shines through the glass shade very elegantly. The base is sturdy & heavy enough. I bought 2 other lamps at Lowes for about 40 dollars each and they look MUCH cheaper in quality next to this one. So for a little more money I got a lot more satisfaction. I will probably buy another one.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? very good- as I expected
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We were very pleased when we received this lamp. It looks great and seems to be sturdy and well constructed. The sockets and pull chains feel substantial and don't appear at all cheap. Be aware that at this price, not unsurprsingly, this shade is not glass but plastic. Nonetheless it looks great and no one is likely to know it's plastic unless they tap the shade. We also bought a similar floor lamp and were very pleased with it, too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality, shade is plastic not glass
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These are beautiful lamps. I bought a pair for our bedroom. They're high quality, a good size, and a terrific price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautifully
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I was looking for a western lamp for my living room, and this is perfect. Everyone has said how nice it looks. I am pleased with the size and how the colors show when it is turned on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is shown well on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp is a good size and heavy enough to be stable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is well described and just what I expected.
Directions did not explain how to connect the parts. I thought it was very flimsy at first until I took a risk and experimented a bit to get the top screwed onto the base. Once that was done, it seemed pretty solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was "OK"
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
No complaints. I love the design and colors, quality is good, timely shipping and no damages. I thought it was a great dea!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
For the price, a very nice lamp. The base is attractive and heavy duty. The shade is, of course,not glass,but a resin--still looks good though. When lit,gives off a bluish purple hue--different from the pic. Order came fast and accurately. Positioning the shade was a little challenging and the instructions were not much help. If you like mission style and Frank Lloyd Wright influence and don't want to pay $500 for a lamp, I would recommend this one.
Like others have said, it's very good for the price you pay. Yes, the shade is a plastic substance, not glass, but it's solid and certainly looks great. So just make sure your guests don't tap their fingers on the shade, ha ha. I almost returned mine because standard (or the newer energy-efficient) bulbs showed beneath the shade. The one thing that I wish Overstock would add to the description is that it's best with chandelier (also called "torpedo") bulbs. These are available in 60W, and they are small and narrow and are completely hidden by the shade. I purchased several at a local mom & pop lighting store for $1.25 each. Also agree with others about the thin box and foam packing, it's a mess! Best to open in a garage or outside. I'd recommend this lamp for people on a budget who like this style of lighting.
I purchased this lamp for my office desk. It is absolutely beautiful. I am definitely ordering this lamp for my home. Everyone that comes into my office compliments me on the lamp. The price is unbelievable for a glass tiffany lamp. Thanks Overstock!