I am really stumped at all the good reviews? This item was a HUGE disappointment. I am new to Overstock.com, and given this example of their products I will more than likely not shop here again. This lamp came to me as an obviously used, broken and returned item. There was a glass grape missing from the shade, and the entire interior of the box was broken up, lamp dusty, that tag that is attached to the lamps cord, that was missing with just the gummy residue remaining. Box looked beat up, and taped over many times. VERY obvious this was a returned item. So my question to Overstock.com is: Do you take peoples returns, not even inspect them, and just turn around and sell to a new customer? Because. if so, that is REALLY bad business. Aside from the above, the shade, although claimed to be "stained glass" when tapped makes a dull thud like hard plastic, if this is "real" glass I'm a monkey's uncle. The ceramic base also does not look anywhere near as nice as the website picture. I am returning it. Not worth the money, even on sale.
The only reason I am giving this a four star is that they just don't make them like they use. I still love this lamp though. The Tiffany shade is beautiful and the base is very striking. My husband liked it and that is a big recommendation. I got it on sale so the price was really good too. You won't be sorry if you purchase this lamp. The base is not as expensive looking and well made as my old ones but the colors make up for it. The cord is not very long. I have it in my living room and it is very pretty. I like the oval shape of the shade. I will definitely keep it!
Product is pretty nice. Shade is oval and very pretty. The base is darker than the photo description. I had to shorten the pull chains because they were banging into the base. You also hace to be careful with the alignment of the top of the base and the lighting hardware. It tends to go off center as you tighten the fixture. Overall, it was a nice purchase and I am happy with the value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The base had more black on it than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is OK. Not the best but not that cheap either
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good. More black than we expected
Love this lamp! Well Worth the money if you are a fan of stainglass lamps!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok, not real accurate but better than the picture showed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, only in the picture it looks like the shade is round but it is oblong....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This lamp is beautiful - a work of art! The base is a more olive greenish color than the yellow in the photo. The shade is oval as mentioned in other reviews. It is a perfect lamp for a narrow table - such as an entry hall table because of the shape of the shade. It is large lamp, but very proportionate and pretty. The colors of the shade are spectacular and prettier than the photo. I am very happy with this purchase - thanks, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The base is a more olive green than yellow
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality!
love the lamp,good size will keep love love. Came in perfect condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made. Came packaged very nice,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
This is the 5th lamp I have purchased from overstock and they never disappoint! This lamp is beautiful, especially lit up. it fits in my vineyard decor perfectly. The base looks more lacquered on the site. It is not as shiny as it looks in the picture. The shade is an oval shape which I didn't think I would like but it doesn't bother me a bit. Overall a beautiful lamp at a great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This lamp is stunning.It is larger than I thought, but very pretty. I have it on top of an antique dresser with copper accents and it's a show stopper. Everyone who comes into my home loves it. Also the price for this lamp you could'nt beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Very pretty and very different. The shade is beautiful,but the base is not complimentry. I do enjoy this lamp. It has been moved to several rooms in my home. Somewhat on the heavy side to handle. The workmanship in the shade is very nice. wonderful lamp for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? so so prettier on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made but some what on the heavy side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? i was accuate
I bought two of these for my living room side tables. Love them!! They're a bit larger than I expected, but they're gorgeous and even though I only use two 40 watt bulbs in each lamp instead of 60 watt, they still add a splash of color to the otherwise overwhelmingly beige room. We had guests over the other day and they couldn't stop looking at these. Highly recommend them.
This is a gorgeous lamp that will add a warm glowing ambiance to any room. The picture provided of the ceramic vase does not do it justice. The only thing that I would warn future buyers about is that the glass on this is somewhat dark and even though it uses 2 60 watt bulbs, this is not a lamp that one can read by.
This lamp is ten thousand times better looking than the picture, and I bought it based on the picture! The base is NOT parrot green with red, yellow and orange drip glaze. The base is a deep drab olive/army green with bronze metallic drip glaze over chocolate. Very classy. It's much more subtle than the photo, and very elegant. The shade is exquisite. I think the photo makes the lamp and shade appear to be round. The lamp is about 5" deep by about a foot across. The shade is also oval. This is my Mother's favorite stained glass lamp of all time. I have it on an antique desk in the library. It looks great.
I was very pleased with this lamp upon receiving it. It's pretty in the picture but so much more impressive in person. I love the pattern and how they did they grapes in several colors. I will definitely keep my eye out for another lamp in the future.
Compared to another emperor tiffany lamp I bought at the same time, I think this one is much better. I am still suspecious that if this lamp top is made by glass. But it comes out very well when you put light on. I put it in my bed room. Very nice.