I love and adore this fixture; it is absolutely gorgeous, however, I thought it would be bigger. I have it hanging over my kitchen table, and it is simply lovely. It is only about 16 inches across, I think. Somehow there is a measurement in the description of the fixture of 50 inches, (?) and when I saw that measurement in the description, I was afraid it would be TOO large, but it is not even approaching 50 inches at any point! It is MUCH smaller. It is certainly adequate in size for where I have it hanging, but I did think it would be bigger. That being said, everyone loves it. most of all, ME! It is simply exquisite when lit.
This is a beautiful hanging chandelier, with rich and vibrant colors. Can easily be shortened by removing links. Easy to install. Looks so colorful when lit in the evening. Very happy with my purchase of this lamp. Truly a lovely addition to my Victorian setting.
This fixture is so beautiful that I leave it on the dimmer all day! The design is gorgeous, the workmanship quite good and if the matching table lamp were no so big, I would buy that too. You will not be disappointed with this fixture.
Looks absolutely beautiful in my dining room...very happy with the lamp
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Very happy with the product. It was in perfect condition, all pieces. parts and instructions were there and it was shipped promptly. Being a first time customer of Overstock.com, I received 10% discount on my order which made me even more happy. I have no complaints about the quality, service or shipping of the product. I bought the light for my front entry way and was extremely happy and satisfied with the way it looked when it was installed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate, if anything the colors were more vibrant than the picture even showed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I purchased this light for myself but have yet to hang it (waiting to move.) However, my sister seen this and liked it so much I ended up buying her one for her birthday and it is hung. I read prior reviews about it being too long and that it is designed for people with cathedral ceilings because of the 50" length. I even read one review who said they had to return it because it was too long. BUT, if you get someone who knows what they are doing this light can most definitely be hung on a shorter ceiling which is what my sister did and exactly what I plan on doing with it as well. The only thing I question on this lamp is if the pieces are actually stained GLASS, I am almost convinced they are just a very hard thick plastic, when mentioning this to my brother in law he thought the same thing. Either way the light looks amazing and it's at a very great price and I don't see how anyone could go wrong in purchasing this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A++++
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything was exact except for question on if the stained glass is really just a hard thick plastic.
This light is just beautiful elegant and gives off great light. It actually looks like jewels when lit. Very classy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just like it was pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact match
Three tie rods that connects glass to the main frame needs a redesigned by manufacturere, it is very difficult to secure all three connectors tight enough to safely mount the glass. Be very carefull in connecting these rods. It took me a lot of time to get it close to where it should be, I am still a little bit scheptical about it. I have assemblem many products like this and am very handy with fixing things all over my house but this piece was a challenge for me. Manufacturer should use some other mechanism to tie these rods, I think there should be a reversible nut that would tightens one side of the tie ros and losens the other.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to how ity is shown on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Worth around $100 and not more than that. I bought it closer to that.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site shared reviews.
Gorgeous lamp, especially considering the price! I paid an astonishing $**.** using an Overstock.com 10% coupon and with free delivery for this item on December 2, 2012. We have nine-foot ceilings and installed it in a small foyer, by shortening it to 4 links in the main chain. It took two people (including an electrically skilled cousin) less than one hour to install, but it can be unwieldy because the shade is large (and remember it is glass) so I would not encourage someone to hang it by themselves unless they were: A) majorly skilled B) very patient and C) very strong because you would have to cart it up the stepladder yourself (not advisable in my opinion...) The colors are very true to picture and I think it is sufficiently neutral to go in most rooms with a brown/rust/gold/tan/green color scheme. The red glass accent areas provide a nice segue with the brown and copper colors and good Victorian contrast to the striated green areas. Only the purple cabochons are rather dark. The light would look equally good over a dining room table, but be forewarned: like with all "Tiffany-type" lamps open open UPWARD, this is not a reading lamp or a lamp for full illumination. My first Overstock lighting purchase - we'd be happy to buy another "Tiffany-type" lamp here if we found another design we wanted in a similar price range.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors true to picture; remmeber a bright light will show off the colors best, but adhere to Wattage recommendations
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product has small imperfections; several places where the copper "leading" is not quite perfect (there may be a "nick" in the line) but only a perfectionist could find fault with something hung more than 6+ feet above floor level
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good description
Beautiful lamp. Used in my kitchen dining nook..Colors are cream and very deep ruby, and emerald. About the circumference of a steering wheel. Great with a dimmer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent