Good quality materials and fairly simple to assemble. It's probably not destined to be handed down throught the generations as a family heirloom, but it did add the perfect accent to a wall without protruding into the walking area. Bottom line, yes, it's worth the money.
I love everything I ordered from Overstock so far, and I ordered a lot, but this was so disappointing. Not a screw lined up with the pre-drilled hole. No pre-drilled hole for the bottom shelf and the screws for it were too short so it did not hold, I had to use other screws. Shelf doesn't line up so sides are not flush with the middle pieces, and I could not, and neither my son, turn the metal holders to hold the top shelf. It is too bad because the style was perfect for the top of the stairs where I wanted to use it. Just hated it....would not recommend to anyone....it doesnt even deserve 1 star.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not walnut but a reddish brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very bad, scatches when putting it together even though I was so careful. Screws coming throught the "wood", and no its not wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not.
This is a great product and I would recommend this product to my friends
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes it did
Poor construction,. the first step involved MDF wood. The holes were not lined up for dowels.The dowels were too long and did not fit. Poor instructions. I have put together furniture many times before. I should not have continued, but due to my stubbornness I forced the issue and severely damaged the product by continuing. Its useless now. I not bothering to return, because I'll probably have to eat the shipping costs and get denied a return. ABSOLUTLEY DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT..
well folks....I am out of here.....Overstock sent me the wrong item....I returned the item and they send me the wrong item again....Two times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......plus I ordered a pair of binoculars and received the wromg item. Wow....3 purchases and three screw ups....I will never purchase another item from overstock....NEVER...Here I come other online retailers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Don't know...never received the item I purchased
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Don't know
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? terrible
VERY Poor packaging for assembly parts. I received screws that were not on the packing list. Pre-drilled holes were too big. It had "Wooden" plugs to cover the screws. I was 5 short and they most were too big for the holes. I had to take a knife and whittle them down just to fit. Some holes were too big for the plug and they pushed too far in. It came with wooden dowels that were pressed cardboard. They either fell to far in the hole or I had to take a hammer to drive them in. Not happy with quality. Other brands are much eaiser to assemble and better quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor to fair. Poor quality control of assembly parts. "Wooden" parts were okay just drilled wrong. It was not all solid wood as described.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not solid wood but pressed wood into solid blocks. It looks good and feels solid except for where the pre-drilled were too big. I had to add glue to get them to stay together
Awful quality, held together by a couple of dowels and really short screws that hold nothing. The holes weren;t even drilled in the right places!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY poor quality, even considering the price
I bought one of these about a year ago, and it was great, no problems whatsoever. The last one I bought and just received had the most horrible fit and finish I've seen on something in a good long while; countersinks for predrilled holes weren't deep enough, so I had to use other screws than those than came with the product; some of the wooden panels were slightly off by a few mm which translated into a seesaw effect when trying to "finish" the project; some of the predrilled holes were off by a few mm which translated into hardware not lining up (cam locks). All of this resulted in a lot of frustration and finagling on my end. It ended up looking o.k., but I didn't pay for "o.k.," I payed for the one in the photo in the top lefthand side of the screen. In retrospect, I think that the design of the product changed within the past year, as the hardware seemed different than the last one. Also, the instructions were nearly useless.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fit and finish were horrible. If I didn't know my way around a woodshop, it would look terrible right now.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Again, another perfect fit item. I had a small space to store and display my books. This bookshelf did exatly what I wanted it to do - give me a place to put a few of my books and a small shelf for bric-a-brac.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
While the finished bookcase looks fine completed, it was a pain in the neck assembling it. Had I known that I would have to put the case together myself, I would not have bought this piece of furniture. Some of the materials provided were not up to standard and I had to drill holes, glue and clamp the wood. As such, it was very overpriced. My decision to assemble it was probably not a good idea, because it took me hours. I am happy with the end result, appearance wise. I just hope it doesn't fall apart some time down the road.
This was a challenge to put together as others have said. My eight year grand daughter helped me figured it out. But after it was put together, it is very attractive and sturdy. I just wished, I could purchase more wood products at this price,
Overall, the product would have been pretty nice in that the wood is attractive and sturdy and the unit is nice. But I received two of the same pieces (two C pieces) instead of a C and a D. As a result, the product is completely useless. The top won't fit onto the unit. Turned out to be a total waste of time and money.
I have always been pleased with all my purchases from overstock, but this bookcase was a piece of junk ! The holes were in all the wrong places, the instructions were terrible and did not make any sense. Too bad the box had been throw out so I could not return it, I wound up throwing it out !
I have bought many pieces from overstock and other online sources, so I am used to putting together furniture. This piece was so poorly designed. After spending so much time putting it together, it started coming apart. Had I not had my own hardware to supplement and replace much of theirs, I would have had to throw this piece in the garbage heap. I had to use my own long wood screws and cam locks. Their cam locks were made out of plastic, wouldn't turn and broke. It does fit in the spot I needed, but I will see how long this piece sticks together. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate